Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

Please respond directly to the post.

The Jews thought they could fulfil the law.

Fulfill the law?

You just put down obeying God.

The Jews were NOT in error because they OBEYED God.

Go deeper now and think about it more.

Do you really think that Paul was saying the thing the Jews did wrong is that they obeyed?

Sonnet

Calvinism is the gospel behind the gospel- it explains the fundamentals of God's dealing with man.

God chose Abraham, the prophets, the apostles, and His people- but not you, you elect yourself :rolleyes:
That's where you all's doctrines fail.

Mere assertion without detailed argumentation.

God's Truth

Mere assertion without detailed argumentation.

Still waiting for you to explain what it means by saying the Jews tried to establish a righteousness of their own.

You saying they thought they could FULFILL the law is a pathetic explanation not backed by anything.

Sonnet

Fulfill the law?

You just put down obeying God.

The Jews were NOT in error because they OBEYED God.

Go deeper now and think about it more.

Do you really think that Paul was saying the thing the Jews did wrong is that they obeyed?

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
I note you have ignored #1356.

Sonnet

Still waiting for you to explain what it means by saying the Jews tried to establish a righteousness of their own.

You saying they thought they could FULFILL the law is a pathetic explanation not backed by anything.

Romans 10:
1 Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. 2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”

God's Truth

Romans 10. No mention of ceremony.

Every time no works is mentioned CIRCUMCISION is the work that is mentioned.

You said no mention of ceremony in Romans 10.

Circumcision is mentioned at least 14 times that I know of, but instructions and rebuking those who obey NO times. lol

Sonnet

Every time no works is mentioned CIRCUMCISION is the work that is mentioned.

You said no mention of ceremony in Romans 10.

Circumcision is mentioned at least 14 times that I know of, but instructions and rebuking those who obey NO times. lol

No mention of the ceremony of circumcision made in Romans 10 - but Paul talks about faith rather than establishing righteousness through the law.

God's Truth

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
I note you have ignored #1356.

I have ignored nothing.

YOU say the Jews were in error because they tried to obey God.

The Jews were not in error because they tried to obey God.

The Jews were in error because they worked at making themselves righteous by doing the works themselves that were REQUIRED to make one righteous, i.e. the CEREMONIAL WORKS, such as circumcision.

The Jews made themselves righteous, AS GOD COMMANDED, by doing certain work, which are called the purification works.

The Jews worked at making themselves clean...they were circumcised, adhered to a dietary law, they observed the special days they were supposed to observe, and they made themselves clean according to the works that God said to do. They did various washings and sacrificed animals.

They did right when they did those things, but they FAILED to recognize the LAMB of God who was prophesied about who would take their sins from them. They wanted to keep making themselves righteous by the works God gave them to do instead of the Jesus making them righteous by JUST HAVING FAITH THAT HIS BLOOD CLEANS THEM AND MAKES THEM RIGHTEOUS.

Just believing that Jesus' blood makes us righteous does NOT mean we no longer have to obey anything else! It means we do not have to do the ceremonial works.

God's Truth

No mention of the ceremony of circumcision made in Romans 10 - but Paul talks about faith rather than establishing righteousness through the law.

What don't you get about CIRCUMCISION BEING MENTIONED AT LEAST 14 times in Romans, but NO mention anywhere in the WHOLE BIBLE ABOUT NO ONE HAVING TO OBEY GOD ANYMORE?

Cross Reference

Calvinism is the gospel behind the gospel- it explains the fundamentals of God's dealing with man.

God chose Abraham, the prophets, the apostles, and His people- but not you, you elect yourself :rolleyes:
That's where you all's doctrines fail.

Piper reads as if he is confused but unwilling to concede his position, one he realizes is untenable but he has spent too much time, money and energy in defending. Sproul is another but willingly compliant by his avoidance of discussing damning truth.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Just read what says.

James 2:11 For he who said, "You shall not commit adultery," also said, "You shall not murder." If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

As I have explained to you previously, you cannot take a verse out of its PERFECT context and make a false doctrine; such continuous habitual deed will get you in trouble, every single time.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all

Do you, gt, keep THE ENTIRE Law of Moses PERFECTLY WITHOUT failing in ONE point every single day?

lifeisgood

The way gt debate is by declaring that what she says is what it is.
That's what happened when she debated AMR.

lifeisgood

The gospel behind the gospel????

Does the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary need another gospel behind it?

TRANSLATION: The 'gospel' behind the gospel = another gospel, different spirit, different Jesus.

God's Truth

As I have explained to you previously, you cannot take a verse out of its PERFECT context and make a false doctrine; such continuous habitual deed will get you in trouble, every single time.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of breaking it all

Do you, gt, keep THE ENTIRE Law of Moses PERFECTLY WITHOUT failing in ONE point every single day?

If you fail at murder then you are breaking the royal law of love your neighbor!

lol