Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

lifeisgood

You want to come here to teach the scriptures but you do not even know them.

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

What Bible are you using, gt?

II Corinthians 1:13 For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;
14 as also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.

lifeisgood

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 1:12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

lifeisgood

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

2 Corinthians 7:14 For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth.

lifeisgood

1 Thessalonians 2:10 You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

1 Thessalonians 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

lifeisgood

2 Corinthians 12:6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

2 Corinthians 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

lifeisgood

Acts 23:1 Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day.

Acts 23:1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.

lifeisgood

Paul boasted in himself.
1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

What is the context of 1 Corinthians 9:15? What things did not Paul use?

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Crucible,

Do you reference the teachings of Calvin in your speech and thought.

Not meant to be offensive, simply curious.

Not word for word, unless I directly quote him. I relay the message through my own expression, knowing it clearly, though not a professed theologian.

Calvin was a remarkable teacher, who disagreed with the common theology of the time- he saw that it didn't suffice for the omniscience of God and that it gave more control to men then there ought to be for such a Maker.

He favored Saint Augustine's teachings which were far more leaned toward fate and the *immutability of God.

*A very good word to be familiar with in understanding Calvinism.

Cross Reference

Not word for word, unless I directly quote him. I relay the message through my own expression, knowing it clearly, though not a professed theologian.

Calvin was a remarkable teacher, who disagreed with the common theology of the time- he saw that it didn't suffice for the omniscience of God and that it gave more control to men then there ought to be for such a Maker.

He favored Saint Augustine's teachings which were far more leaned toward fate and the *immutability of God.

So why do you believe he was correct in his thinking, especially when scripture refutes him, which you never seem to get around to addressing? May I suggest you simply find it easier to believe for salvation, i.e, say a sinners prayer and pick up where you left off?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So why do you believe he was correct in his thinking, especially when scripture refutes him, which you never seem to get around to addressing? May I suggest you simply find it easier to believe for salvation, i.e, say a sinners prayer and pick up where you left off?

Scripture doesn't refute him- if you open your eyes, Tulip is laced throughout the entire Bible. That was the point of it; that is why it is called he Reformed tradition- the fruit of the Reformation against the heretical state of the Catholic Church.

The dissident students were quickly known as counter reformists among virtually everyone in Geneva, Germany, and half of England. It was understood then, and now, that just because one isn't Catholic doens't mean one isn't any less detrimental to the Reformation.

God's Truth

1 Jn 1:8
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

How many times do I have to explain that scripture to you?

That scripture is about being saved in the first place. That scripture is about having to obey and admit and repent of your sins if you want to get saved.

Now tell me this, I gave you a scripture that PLAINLY says those who do not obey do not know God...WHY didn't you address that scripture? Why did you just post another scripture that you do not understand, as if you can really nullify scripture by posting another one.

Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You all interpret the Crucifixion as a way out of God's wrath- this is something that many so called protestants, outside of the Reformed, make a huge mistake of doing.

The Crucifixion quickened the elect- those meant for God's wrath are meant for God's wrath, there is no other way around it. God would not send His son to die to save you from Himself :freak:
That is preposterous.

No, He merited the elect to be exempt from the curse that the reprobate lays upon them.

See, that's REAL Christianity- you all's contemporary notions are frankly absurd.

Election by the Father, atonement by the Son, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Where is the actions of sinful men in this? Salvation is of the Lord, and is by grace, yet so many men want part of the glory in it. Libertarian free will, or autonomy is an absurd doctrine. Men are free to choose what they desire, but no one in the flesh desires Christ, can do what is pleasing to Him, seeks after Him, or can come to Him. Those that the Spirit draws will be raised on the last day as Jesus said they would. Faith is a gift of God as Paul said. Give God the glory!

God cut off and hardened Jews who did not have faith.

God cut them off and bound them all with the Gentiles.

When Jesus was crucified, then ALL COULD come to him to be saved.

Even the Jews he cut off can come to him to be saved, if they do not persist in unbelief.

Brother, please do not declare anyone hell bound, when even Paul writes....

Romans 11:

Israel’s Rejection Not Final
11 I ask, then, have they stumbled in order to fall? Absolutely not! On the contrary, by their stumbling,[h] salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. 12 Now if their stumbling brings riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full number bring!

13 Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. In view of the fact that I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if I can somehow make my own people[j] jealous and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brings reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? 16 Now if the firstfruits offered up are holy, so is the whole batch. And if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 Now if some of the branches were broken off, and you, though a wild olive branch, were grafted in among them and have come to share in the rich root[k] of the cultivated olive tree, 18 do not brag that you are better than those branches. But if you do brag—you do not sustain the root, but the root sustains you. 19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 True enough; they were broken off by unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either. 22 Therefore, consider God’s kindness and severity: severity toward those who have fallen but God’s kindness toward you—if you remain in His kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not remain in unbelief, will be grafted in, because God has the power to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut off from your native wild olive and against nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these—the natural branches—be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all[l] Israel will be saved, as it is written:

Yes, God will save even a Jew who believes on Christ today. God will go back to a generation of Israel one day by provoking them to jealousy but that particular generation of Israelites, who came out of Egypt, died in their unbelief.

"For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people who were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they did not obey the voice of the Lord." Joshua 5:6

"So the Lord’s anger was aroused against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation that had done evil in the sight of the Lord was gone." Numbers 32:13

(Btw, I'm not a "brother.")

God's Truth

Yes, God will save even a Jew who believes on Christ today. God will go back to a generation of Israel one day by provoking them to jealousy but that particular generation of Israelites, who came out of Egypt, died in their unbelief.

"For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people who were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they did not obey the voice of the Lord." Joshua 5:6

"So the Lord’s anger was aroused against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation that had done evil in the sight of the Lord was gone." Numbers 32:13

God ALREADY tried to provoke them to jealousy. That already happened.

When Jesus comes again it will be too late to try to get saved.

God's Truth

Acts 23:1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.

That scripture---no matter WHAT translation you choose still shows PAUL BOASTING in his obedience.

God's Truth

1 Thessalonians 2:10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

That translation you choose shows Paul boasted in his obedience.

Who would EVER try to shame someone for obeying?

Where do you get that from?

God's Truth

II Corinthians 1:13 For we write none other things unto you, than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end;
14 as also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.

You do not even understand that you are proving what I said.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I have a way with mistaking.... It's more of a guess..

Lol

Um. Sister.

And good scriptures

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I understand your stance. Thank you for taking the time to explain.