Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

God's Truth

You don't know if you are elected.

What is elected is God's Plan of Salvation, NOT a particular individual.

I did not choose God. God chose me. Jesus the Christ said "Come unto me" and I did.

Jesus CHOOSES those he will save, and HE CHOOSES THOSE WHO OBEY.

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, Acts 15:8, Acts 10:35, and Acts 13:26.

God's Truth

I go against you because to go with you would be to go against our Blessed Jesus.

Did you even read the scripture.

Is talks that we are no longer servants who obey.

To obey is to Love, and this is how we become His friend.

You do not say what Jesus says.

You go against what he says.

You are not blessed as a disciple, as a family member and friend unless you obey.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
James is the favorite book of legalistic thinking because of its speech of faith and works, and yet it goes on to say...

James 2:8Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

8 Indeed, if you keep the royal law prescribed in the Scripture, Love your neighbor as yourself,[a] you are doing well.

Would you like to teach me how to transgress the Kings Royal Law.

Who is the King, Who is the High Priest?

God's Truth

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors, we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
If you do not obey him, you do not keep the Royal Law, for it would be impossible to keep the Royal Law without obeying.

I actually just posted under you the scripture.

It is you who are being disobedient by mocking God, by limiting the reach of His grace to an elite club.

Jesus NEVER did that!

8 Indeed, if you keep the royal law prescribed in the Scripture, Love your neighbor as yourself,[a] you are doing well.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
God gave no one over. He didn't have to. They did it on their own. It is called "freewill".
How is that, you say? If you believe we were created in the image of God then you must accept the fact that because God has a freewill, we do as well. Simple as that.

Calvinism doesn't teach that we do not have free will, Calvinism teaches that our will is depraved (Total Depravity), and outside of God's providence we cannot do anything of value. This includes the very will to accept God- His will alone brings people to believe (Sovereign Election; or, unconditional election)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors, we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now?

You hate the unchurched and proclaimed of Faith, because you lie and make it as if Jesus wasn't thinking of them.

You dispose of Jesus's teachings with every word you speak about how YOU perfectly obey.

You refer to portions of the stone law and fail to see there is a higher law we are to extend to ALL, as He did unto death.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Calvinism doesn't teach that we do not have free will, Calvinism teaches that our will is depraved (Total Depravity), and outside of God's providence we cannot do anything of value. This includes the very will to accept God- His will alone brings people to believe (Sovereign Election; or, unconditional election)

Crucible,

Do you reference the teachings of Calvin in your speech and thought.

Not meant to be offensive, simply curious.

God's Truth

I actually just posted under you the scripture.

It is you who are being disobedient by mocking God, by limiting the reach of His grace to an elite club.

Jesus NEVER did that!

All you have are lying accusations.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Do you understand now?

You even miss the whole text here

Romans

Love, Our Primary Duty
8 Do not owe anyone anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments:

Do not commit adultery;
do not murder;
do not steal;[c]
do not covet;[d]
and whatever other commandment—all are summed up by this: Love your neighbor as yourself.[e]

10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Love, therefore, is the fulfillment of the law.

This is right out of a bible and the subtext is seen as Love our primary duty.

God's Truth

You hate the unchurched and proclaimed of Faith, because you lie and make it as if Jesus wasn't thinking of them.

You dispose of Jesus's teachings with every word you speak about how YOU perfectly obey.

You refer to portions of the stone law and fail to see there is a higher law we are to extend to ALL, as He did unto death.

Use the scriptures I gave to prove that, false accuser.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Of course, I have.

I have a powerful testimony Jesus Christ himself saved me.

I am trying to give you food to eat so that you can have a powerful testimony too, but you will have none of it.

So that I will not become boastful, I say, perhaps we both have a powerful testimony and God is using Iron to sharpen iron, Brother.

God's Truth

You even miss the whole text here

Romans

Love, Our Primary Duty
8 Do not owe anyone anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments:

Do not commit adultery;
do not murder;
do not steal;[c]
do not covet;[d]
and whatever other commandment—all are summed up by this: Love your neighbor as yourself.[e]

10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Love, therefore, is the fulfillment of the law.

This is right out of a bible and the subtext is seen as Love our primary duty.

How do you ever get those scriptures TELLING US TO OBEY has proved me wrong when it is I who say we have to obey?

lifeisgood

Of course, I have.

I have a powerful testimony Jesus Christ himself saved me.

I am trying to give you food to eat so that you can have a powerful testimony too, but you will have none of it.

You think that you being baptized Catholic, then Mormon, and then, forgive me I forgot the other baptism you went through, as a powerful testimony? WOW!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Use the scriptures I gave to prove that, false accuser.

For goodness sakes. It even agrees with the idea that Love, our higher calling fulfills the Law.

That of coarse is Jesus.

His work was obedience to the Father.

Our work of obedience is to Love as He did in place of a law which only He could accomplish.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Crucifixion quickened the elect...

...He merited the elect to be exempt from the curse that the reprobate lays upon them.

Election by the Father, atonement by the Son, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.

God called Jerusulem,

"the city which I have chosen" (1 Kings 11:32)

but Christ says:

Luke 13:34
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing."

Israel was God's elect but they were enemies of the gospel. Enemies of the gospel are not saved.

Romans 11:28
"Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers."

Isaiah 45:4
For Jacob My servant’s sake,
And Israel My elect,
I have even called you by your name;
I have named you, though you have not known Me.

God's elect went to hell.