question for MADIsts.

lifeisgood

My rest is established by doing what Jesus says to do...not by not doing anything.

WRONG.

Your rest is established by Him and what He did on the Cross of Calvary and it is dependent on you accepting that it is Him and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY plus ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

You, gt, are providing for yourself your own rest and it has already been rejected by God.

God's Truth

Satan confuses people so much that they do not know what they do.

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

lifeisgood

YOU tell me that I am disobeying by doing what Jesus says, you say he says do nothing.

I do not believe that Jesus would ever go against HIMSELF.

I say what God says.

God says those who know me are the ones who obey me.

Let's start here did you sell everything you have yet, gt?

Let's see if you are honest, gt. Did you obey Jesus yet and sold everything you have yet? No?
Then, go and do what you say that you do as you say you obey Jesus in anything He said.

lifeisgood

Here are the scriptures that plainly tell us we have to obey to be saved:

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

How DISobedient of you to just select the ones that are pleasing to you.

Did you preach in Jerusalem and in Judea and in Samaria and in all the corners of the world yet, gt? No?
DISobedient servant you are.

lifeisgood

Jesus says many things to do...

Humble yourself, forgive others, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness...

How do you ever get that Jesus says to be saved you do nothing?

He was teaching the spirit of the Law, gt.
He was NOT talking about doing these things to obtain His rest.

DISobedient servant you are not obeying Him and coming to His rest.

lifeisgood

Yeah do nothing...do no more sins...but still, you cannot twist that to say do not forgive others...do not humble yourself?

Your way is not reasonable, it is illogical. No matter how you try to spin it, it is NEVER, EVER, wrong, to obey Jesus.

No. You are saying that of Jesus' way.

What did He say to you specifically when He said: "Come unto me all who are tired and heavy laden."

How many deeds did He say for you to do, gt, so that gt, can "Come to Him"?

lifeisgood

Jesus does not say doing nothing saves!

Absolutely He said for you to do nothing to be saved.
All you have to look at is Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

HE DID EVERYTHING for you to have a way to be saved and you are rejecting His Way by providing your own way to be saved!

God's Truth

Let's start here did you sell everything you have yet, gt?

Let's see if you are honest, gt. Did you obey Jesus yet and sold everything you have yet? No?
Then, go and do what you say that you do as you say you obey Jesus in anything He said.

Jesus' commands are light, easy, and not burdensome. You would understand that if you would obey.

Selling my house and all that I had would be burdensome.

Obey Jesus and get understanding.

Start by fearing God and humbling yourself and repenting of your sins.

God's Truth

Lord, Lord didn't I......Depart from me.

:mock: GT

Jesus does not command everyone to prophesy and cast out demons...but he does command everyone to repent of their sins.

Jesus didn't tell them he never knew them because they obeyed...he told them that because they did those things and still kept sinning. They never repented of their sins.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Where do you ever get that there are sins I believe we do not have to repent of?

You said that Jesus only forgives the sins that you repented of. So I asked you what of the sins you have no idea in God's eyes is a sin and you have not repented of it.

The blood of Christ means that I do not have to get an animal to sacrifice---it does NOT mean I do not have to stop sinning!!!

Who is saying that a person does not have to stop sinning? Only gt.

Salvation comes to those who fear God and do what is right.

Salvation comes ONLY to those who ACCEPT Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

"Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

What was the message, gt? Accept Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for your salvation; for you have absolutely nothing that can be accepted by God to pay the debt you owe God.

lifeisgood

Jesus does not command everyone to prophesy and cast our demons...but he does command everyone to repent of their sins.

Jesus didn't tell them he never knew them because they obeyed...he told them that because they did those things and still kept sinning. They never repented of their sins.

Your false doctrine, gt, is you have to do anything Jesus said.
Now your false doctrine, gt, is that you don't.

You should get your false doctrine down first, don't you thunk?

God's Truth

Absolutely He said for you to do nothing to be saved.
All you have to look at is Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

HE DID EVERYTHING for you to have a way to be saved and you are rejecting His Way by providing your own way to be saved!

Jesus did not ever say to forget all that he said to do but now do nothing.

lifeisgood

Jesus' commands are light, easy, and not burdensome. You would understand that if you would obey.

Selling my house and all that I had would be burdensome.

Obey Jesus and get understanding.

Start by fearing God and humbling yourself and repenting of your sins.

You are a false teacher. Now, you're saying you do not have to do what Jesus said.

God's Truth

Your false doctrine, gt, is you have to do anything Jesus said.
Now your false doctrine, gt, is that you don't.

You should get your false doctrine down first, don't you thunk?

Jesus does not command everyone to prophesy and cast our demons...but he does command everyone to repent of their sins.