question for MADIsts.

lifeisgood

No scripture says Jesus is God in the flesh....

Only for those who do not want to believe He is.
If you get Jesus wrong, it does not matter what else you get right.

====

http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/moreproof_paulinechristology.html
Excerpt:
The foregoing examples are explicit and unambiguous in their witness concerning what the very first Christians believed about Christ. The preceding data provides ample proof that the holy Apostle of the risen Lord Jesus and the earliest Christian communities believed in the absolute Deity of Christ [emphasis mine]. These Biblical passages testify that the first-century Churches thought of Jesus in the same way they thought of God. The eyewitnesses to Jesus and their followers clearly believed that Christ is the unique Divine Son of God who could perform and carry out the very same functions that God the Father performs.

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus come! You are the eternal Son of God and the risen Lord of glory whom we love and adore forevermore! Amen.

God's Truth

Who is saying this to you? Are you hearing voices?

OBEY Jesus, which you so boastfully say you do, and ENTER INTO HIS REST and stop DISOBEYING Him.

You are saying it, but you are so confused that you forget why.

In this very post you made to me you say who is saying obeying Jesus is a damnable act---and then you you try to shame me for saying I obey by calling it boasting, and that I need to STOP disobeying him by obeying!

It is sad that you do not know what you do.

God's Truth

Why don't you believe that you are to OBEY Jesus and enter into His rest?

Why is it that you demand that others OBEY Jesus by entering into His rest, but you do not enter into His rest?

Have you ever noticed that Jesus says to enter into His rest because YOU have NO rest?

My rest is established by doing what Jesus says to do...not by not doing anything.

God's Truth

How sad Lazy afternoon that you also do NOT OBEY Jesus and enter into His rest. You, LA, and gt, are looking for your own rest. You have none.

We're talking about life and death here, LA. Eternity in the wrong place will not be funny at all. If you are not found in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary exclusively plus absolutely nothing, you will end up in the wrong place.

You get Jesus wrong, it does not matter what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

If you do not believe Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, then you got the wrong Jesus.
If you do not believe Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary exclusively plus absolutely nothing, you will end up in the wrong place.

How foolish of you.

Where does Jesus ever say do nothing?

God's Truth

How do you know, oh, DISobedient one who has NOT obeyed Jesus by entering into His rest.

I did not know that you are sitted in God's throne and know people's heart. Good one, gt, good one.

If you think LA is bringing a reasoning voice to the table, you have NOT obeyed Jesus yet, even though you, gt, boast that you do, exactly like LA.

YOU tell me that I am disobeying by doing what Jesus says, you say he says do nothing.

I do not believe that Jesus would ever go against HIMSELF.

I say what God says.

God says those who know me are the ones who obey me.

God's Truth

Here are the scriptures that plainly tell us we have to obey to be saved:

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

God's Truth

Jesus says many things to do...

Humble yourself, forgive others, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness...

How do you ever get that Jesus says to be saved you do nothing?

God's Truth

Yeah do nothing...do no more sins...but still, you cannot twist that to say do not forgive others...do not humble yourself?

Your way is not reasonable, it is illogical. No matter how you try to spin it, it is NEVER, EVER, wrong, to obey Jesus.

God's Truth

What do you do with the sins you have NOT repented of?
Whose blood is cleansing them sins you have not repented of?
Where do you ever get that there are sins I believe we do not have to repent of?

Stop DISobeying Jesus, gt, which you so boastfully say you do obey, and OBEY Him by entering into His rest.
Either the blood of Jesus Christ is all-sufficient to REMIT ALL of your sins, or it was not. You cannot have it both ways.

The blood of Christ means that I do not have to get an animal to sacrifice---it does NOT mean I do not have to stop sinning!!!

You, gt, have just stated that you, gt, does not believe that Jesus' blood is all-sufficient to remit ALL your sins and you have to work your fingers off trying to provide your own way of cleanliness to remit the sins you have NOT repented of.

OBEY Jesus, gt, and enter into His rest and His blood is all-sufficient to cleanse you of ALL your sins, not just those you repented of. There is still time that you, gt, OBEY Jesus and enter into His rest.

Salvation comes to those who fear God and do what is right.

but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

"Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

God's Truth

No arguing with that, for sure.

Something happened after I started obeying. I was saved by Jesus himself. My obeying was not without a miraculous happening. It was beyond miraculous.

I just want others to know of this goodness that I experienced, and that which is in me still.

lifeisgood

So how shall I get rest? Should I get rest by not stopping any sin that I am doing? Should I get rest by continuing to fornicate, for example?

By your comments I know that you have no idea of the rest Jesus is talking about.

If you are fornicating you must stop immediately.

lifeisgood

You are saying it, but you are so confused that you forget why.

In this very post you made to me you say who is saying obeying Jesus is a damnable act---and then you you try to shame me for saying I obey by calling it boasting, and that I need to STOP disobeying him by obeying!

It is sad that you do not know what you do.

Liar. I have NOT said to you or anyone else that obeying Jesus is a damnable act. That is something YOU YOURSELF invented.