Prostituting TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What a load of dung.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

All men have been dealt the measure of faith to believe the gospel of Christ.

No, Paul is saying every man that has faith has been dealt his measure from God.

In I Corinthians 2:6-15, Paul very clearly teaches that no man comprehends or understands the spiritual things of God, except through possessing the indwelling of the Holy Spirit:

". . Even so, no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God." I Cor. 2:11b-12

That is no "load of dung" heir. That is revelation from God in His own words!

With out God's Spirit, no man can understand spiritual things. A soul must be born from above, before he can comprehend ("see") the spiritual truths and promises of the Kingdom. John 3:3

Christian Liberty

You are. You are teen age bully who think so highly of himself. You see, arrogance is not of Jesus.

This is basic Christianity.

I don't think that highly of myself. Admittedly, I feel somewhat like an abolitionist sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the abolitionists of the 1800's had some of the same problems with arrogance that I have. But, I still recognize that without Christ I'd be nothing. I'm not a good person. I didn't choose God, he chose me. Anything and everything I am I give him credit for.

I don't see how I'm a "bully." I oppose all aggressive violence, which makes me not a bully by definition.

I'll be a teenager until early 2015.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The difference is only a matter of who CAUSES sinners to choose faith in the righteousness of Christ.
The righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Reformers (myself) believe God causes and enables the sinner to comprehend ("see") the gospel of the kingdom,
:doh: The gospel of the kingdom is not the offer on the table! You better get your facts straight. The gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth was a mystery at that time. It is the gospel that Paul received from the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ, Himself (Galatians 1:11-12)!

The glorious gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The fact that it was a mystery hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures" yet the "wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom"), kept secret until it was made manifest through Paul's preaching!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

And the fact that Christ's faith and finished work on the cross extended to the likes of you and me who in time past:

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

but now

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

and fellowheirs and of the same Body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJB) and partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel was a mystery hid in God! It was UNSEARCHABLE!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
In I Corinthians 2:6-15, Paul very clearly teaches that no man comprehends or understands the spiritual things of God, except through possessing the indwelling of the Holy Spirit:

". . Even so, no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God." I Cor. 2:11b-12
That is the deep things of God, not the gospel!

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

That is no "load of dung" heir. That is revelation from God in His own words!
No, it's your spin on it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'll be a teenager until early 2015.

Heh . . .

Won't you be glad when it is all over and behind you! :chuckle:

It amazes me that others put you down for your youth, instead of rejoicing in the spiritual insights God has given you so early in life!

You have been spared so many years of silly sins and fleshly mistakes, by being converted early . . . but you do pay a price with all the put-downs about your age.

It should not be . . .

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't think that highly of myself.

you think you can level Christians who are serving Jesus as non-believers is super ego.

And you don't have anything to back up your slanderous accusation.

Did Jesus say you have to believe Jesus is God or believe in the trinity to be saved?

Nope. So you are just a boaster.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is the deep things of God, not the gospel!

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

No, it's your spin on it.

Can you think of anything more spiritually deep, than the good news that God the Son assumed human flesh to redeem His brethren, through bearing their sins, dying their deaths, and then resurrecting from His grave?

What deeper Truths of God have been revealed to men, but this saving and amazing grace?

You respect scripture. I gave you scripture . . . not spin.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did Jesus say you have to believe Jesus is God or believe in the trinity to be saved?
Why ask such questions when you don't think you are saved or need to be saved. You don't even know what the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation is.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Can you think of anything more spiritually deep, than the good news
Actually, the good news which you never quote is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and when preached in it's simplicity it can be believed by anyone for salvation (God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV).

It is when deceitful workers try and complicate it that people's minds are corrupted from it.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Christian Liberty

You are bully because you make slanderous accusation without any reason.

This is actually the #1 pragmatic reason why slander laws are stupid and anti-liberty. Its often completely subjective what qualifies.

This is perhaps one of the best posts ever on the issue:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2008/12/walter-e-block/sue-for-libel/

(Note: The author is not pro-life, and he's an atheist. I don't condone everything he says. But I agree with what he says here.)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Actually, the good news which you never quote is the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and when preached in it's simplicity it can be believed by anyone for salvation (God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV).

It is when deceitful workers try and complicate it that people's minds are corrupted from it.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Nang is such an angry person, she has no time to examine truth!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

:doh: The gospel of the kingdom is not the offer on the table! You better get your facts straight. The gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth was a mystery at that time. It is the gospel that Paul received from the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ, Himself (Galatians 1:11-12)!

The glorious gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The fact that it was a mystery hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures" yet the "wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom"), kept secret until it was made manifest through Paul's preaching!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

And the fact that Christ's faith and finished work on the cross extended to the likes of you and me who in time past:

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

but now

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

and fellowheirs and of the same Body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJB) and partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel was a mystery hid in God! It was UNSEARCHABLE!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

I do not disagree with any of the scriptures above, but I disagree that these promises were not made to God's people through out time. The first time the gospel promise was made, was to Eve in the garden, when a Savior was first promised to rectify the wickedness of the devil. Genesis 3:15

I study Covenant Theology, and it reveals these promises made openly to men of God from Seth to Noah; from Abraham to Moses; to David and all the prophets, John the Baptist, Mary, etc.

The gospel was only kept a mystery to those who would perish, according to the determination of God.

Dispensationalism is doing you no favors, heir. . .

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This is actually the #1 pragmatic reason why slander laws are stupid and anti-liberty. Its often completely subjective what qualifies.

This is perhaps one of the best posts ever on the issue:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2008/12/walter-e-block/sue-for-libel/

(Note: The author is not pro-life, and he's an atheist. I don't condone everything he says. But I agree with what he says here.)

Why do you need such big argument just for bullying?

You are so pretentious and dramatic.

sheesh.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do not disagree with any of the scriptures above, but I disagree that these promises were not made to God's people through out time. The first time the gospel promise was made, was to Eve in the garden, when a Savior was first promised to rectify the wickedness of the devil. Genesis 3:15

I study Covenant Theology, and it reveals these promises made openly to men of God from Seth to Noah; from Abraham to Moses; to David and all the prophets, John the Baptist, Mary, etc.

The gospel was only kept a mystery to those who would perish, according to the determination of God.

Dispensationalism is doing you no favors, heir. . .

BAH!! You don't have a clue Groucho!

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I am sorry you confuse "deep things of God" with "complicated."

My confession:

Romans 11:33-36

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I heard that a group of Scientists had themselves "miniaturized" and
injected into the brain of Meshak! Their mission, was to see if they
could find, intelligent life within her skull! Needless to say, they
found NONE!

Christian Liberty

Why do you need such big argument just for bullying?

You are so pretentious and dramatic.

sheesh.

I'm not a bully. Again, I don't believe in aggressive violence, nor do I use it. Bullies use it, or call on others to do so on their behalf. Its sad that this society has its moral compass so warped that insulting people when they are acting stupid is seen as "bullying" while donning a uniform and killing or threatening people at gunpoint is seen as "heroic."

Status
Not open for further replies.