Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Jerry Shugart

A teaching of another gospel is nowhere in the scriptures, nowhere.

The gospel that was preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that "good news"(gospel) resulted in receiving life by being "born of God" (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The gospel which was preached to the Gentiles concerned the fact that Christ died for us and believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24). Those who believe in that gospel are also saved (1 Cor.15:1-4).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, is not equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom,"unless you are going to assert that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and the 12, prior to the dbr.

(Matt 24:14 KJV) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

"shall be preached" is future tense.

As we see above, Jesus made it clear that the Gospel of the Kingdom would only be preached until 70AD.

If you disagree the end was in 70AD, then the Gospel of the Kingdom should still be preached today according to Matt 24:14

Jerry Shugart

Notice the Lord didn't say: "Go; I will send you far away to preach a different gospel to the Gentiles".

The "two gospel" theory can't stand up to scripture.

Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17; NIV).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul's trip to Jerusalem had nothing at all to do with him wanting to make sure it was ok what he was preaching to the Gentiles.

That's not true Jerry.

Maybe the Easy-To-Read Version will help you:

(Gal 2:2 ERV) I went there because God showed me that I should go. I explained to them the message that I tell the non-Jewish people. I also met alone with those who were considered to be the leaders. I wanted to be sure we were in agreement so that my past work and the work I do now would not be wasted.

Paul questioned himself on what he was preaching. He wanted to run it by Peter and the other Apostles in Jerusalem to make sure it was ok.

Paul met with them in private to discuss it.

There is absolutely nothing about another gospel.

God's Truth

The gospel that was preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that "good news"(gospel) resulted in receiving life by being "born of God" (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The gospel which was preached to the Gentiles concerned the fact that Christ died for us and believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24). Those who believe in that gospel are also saved (1 Cor.15:1-4).

You speak against the Gentiles being born again. If you are not born again, then you are not saved.

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Danoh

(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

In the above verse Paul meets with Peter and some other Apostles in private to make sure that what he was preaching to the Gentiles was ok.

If the gospel Paul was preaching to the Gentiles was some secret gospel that Peter and the other Apostles knew nothing about (MAD's claim), then how did Peter and the other Apostles know whether to approve it or not?

In other words, you're basically saying the Apostle Paul was a two-faced hypocrite.

Now, should you or your girlfriend ask what I mean, that will only show once more you not only don't see the connection between your fool assertion and its unavoidable conclusion, but as also is the obvious once more; that you and yours haven't a clue how to properly study these things out.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I wonder when MAD groups will ge around to publishing a Hyperdispensational Bible using the Marcionite canon with the Book of Acts. Color coding could be used so the reader can keep up with the swiftly switching dispensations. Probably a number of versions would need to be published since MAD is actually a Babel of different views.
Most of us "MAD" are KJ Bible believers. What need would we have to publish another Bible when we have all scripture that throughly furnishes us already?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8).

Then he went to Jerusalem

(Acts 9:26) When he came to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he really was a disciple.

But then Barnabas vouched for him.

He then spent time in Jerusalem, but the Jews tried to kill him, so they sent him to Tarsus.

But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia.

Acts 9 is before Peter's vision and Corny.

That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

No, it means that before Peter's sheet vision, neither Peter, Paul, or anyone else preached to the Gentiles.

Danoh

I believe you. Have you cessationed away from Paul?

1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

"Cessationed"?

To paraphrase Nicholson's The Joker " where does she get those wonderful words?"

Reminds me of a slow acquaintance of mine - who keeps asking "Pauline; who's she?" lol

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are exactly right. Paul wanted to run what he taught past the Twelve (plus James) for their inspection and approval. This was his stated purpose.Nothing in the passage indicates that it was Paul's intention was to teach THEM anything. Paul went to the most influential and respected leaders to join forces with them against a common enemy - the Judaizers. In the end the Twelve did not say any converts had to be circumcised. They "laid no burden upon him"and his converts but only wanted Paul to remember the poor.

As you say, if Paul had received some new revelation they disciples would have been in no position to judge it since the only gospel they knew was the one taught to them by Jesus.
What a load of dung!

Paul went up BY REVELATION and communicated unto them "that gospel" that He "preached among the Gentiles". What's the point of communicating "that gospel" or even saying "that gospel" if it were the same gospel?

They added NOTHING to Paul, but contrariwise...(that means to the contrary, Paul added unto them)! It was then and not before then that they "perceived the grace" that was given to Paul. Read it for yourself and believe IT.

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Paul wanted to make sure Peter and the rest of the Apostles at the Jerusalem Church were ok with what he was preaching to the Gentiles.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We all have to be born again to be saved.

We must be born again. We are BORN AGAIN when all our sins are washed away...we have a REBIRTH. This is done by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
Paul NEVER used the term born again once to describe members of the Body of Christ, but a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).