Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

God's Truth

The washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost is the Lord's. It was shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour. That's what saith the scripture:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

WE ARE RENEWED.

We are BORN AGAIN.

When someone has their sins washed away that is when they are renewed. That is when they are born again.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Paul's authentic letters tell me that Peter, James (Jesus' brother), John and others of Jesus' original followers in Jerusalem had a conflict with Paul's gospel and he confronted Peter "to his face" and referred to the Jerusalem church as the "super apostles" sarcastically.

And the conflict was also expressing itself to other followers in the letter to the Galatians at 2:11.

God's Truth

Paul's authentic letters tell me that Peter, James (Jesus' brother), John and others of Jesus' original followers in Jerusalem had a conflict with Paul's gospel and he confronted Peter "to his face" and referred to the Jerusalem church as the "super apostles" sarcastically.

And the conflict was also expressing itself to other followers in the letter to the Galatians at 2:11.

Paul opposed Peter because Peter WAS AFRAID of the Jews, which caused Peter to act out of line with the gospel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Keep reading Titus 3

(Titus 3:8 KJV) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

heir, do you maintain "good works"?

Just curious.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost is the Lord's. It was shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour. That's what saith the scripture:

as we never had the Spirit to begin with that it could be renewed, but the Lord did!

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Interesting post.

I'll have to think about, and study this for awhile.

Thanks

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Paul opposed Peter because Peter WAS AFRAID of the Jews, which caused Peter to act out of line with the gospel.
Since there is no literal passage in the text that says "Peter was afraid of the Jews" or a passage from Peter himself which says "I am afraid of the Jews" I have a difference of opinion with you.

If anything, Peter was a Jew himself and would not seem to be afraid of his own ancestry.

The problem for the early followers was that some Jews refused to see Jesus as God. And many Gentiles did as well.

The vitriolic Antisemitism placed into Jesus' mouth by the gospel writer John reflects that the early faith was having real serious conflicts from Jews who did not accept Jesus. Like us, John's community of believers wanted to have a Jesus that agreed with them, even though the historical Jesus might not have.

God's Truth

Jesus is the one who cleans us and gives us a new life. He is the one that makes us born again.

Not by works of righteousness means we do not clean ourselves with works of righteousness that the Jews used to have to do...and that is the ceremonial works.

God's Truth

Since there is no literal passage in the text that says "Peter was afraid of the Jews" or a passage from Peter himself which says "I am afraid of the Jews" I have a difference of opinion with you.

If anything, Peter was a Jew himself and would not seem to be afraid of his own ancestry.

The problem for the early followers was that some Jews refused to see Jesus as God. And many Gentiles did as well.

The vitriolic Antisemitism placed into Jesus' mouth by the gospel writer John reflects that the early faith was having real serious conflicts from Jews who did not accept Jesus. Like us, John's community of believers wanted to have a Jesus that agreed with them, even though the historical Jesus might not have.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.
So he was upset with the idea of the Gentiles being circumcised.

That is the way Paul communicates the matter. Paul was desperate to prove that he, too, was "an apostle" so it should not be surprising that he paints things in the best possible light for him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Acts 10:34 KJV) Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Peter tells us that God is no respecter of persons.

However, MAD teaches that certain people were respected by God over other people.

God's Truth

So he was upset with the idea of the Gentiles being circumcised.

That is the way Paul communicates the matter. Paul was desperate to prove that he, too, was "an apostle" so it should not be surprising that he paints things in the best possible light for him.

You are speaking against Paul, which is going to make understanding even harder for you.