Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope.

Paul didn't add anything to what Peter and the Apostles were already preaching.
Better go look up the word "contrariwise", tet.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

When they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter it was then (that's where the contrariwise came in~ "when they saw") that they perceived the grace given to Paul! They didn't know it before then!

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

And why have you NOT corrected GT on her perverted gospel? Don't you love your neighbor? Why are you working ill to her with your silence?

God's Truth

"Cessationed"?

To paraphrase Nicholson's The Joker " where does she get those wonderful words?"

Reminds me of a slow acquaintance of mine - who keeps asking "Pauline; who's she?" lol

Relax, I was being humorous because you said you listened to Paul, yet you did not recognize scripture from Paul about other spirits.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, I'm saying both Peter and Paul preached the same gospel to two different groups of people.

Of course you are, but that's not what saith the scripture! It shows two gospels to two different groups of people.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

And why then did Paul go to the Jew first all those years if it is as you say? I know why he did, but I don't think you'll believe it.

And why do you try and make things that are different the same?

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

You can't make those things the same no matter how hard you try!

God's Truth

Paul NEVER used the term born again once to describe members of the Body of Christ, but a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).

What do you think REBIRTH is?

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

heir

TOL Subscriber

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
The verse doesn't say rebirth

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Better go look up the word "contrariwise", tet.

When they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter it was then (that's where the contrariwise came in~ "when they saw") that they perceived the grace given to Paul! They didn't know it before then!

You are so desperately trying to make the Bible fit your "two gospel" theory, that you stop at nothing in trying to do so.

Read verse 6

(Gal 2:6 KJV) But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person: for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

They added nothing to what Paul was preaching.

They agreed with Paul, they didn't add anything to what Paul was preaching, and Paul didn't add anything to what they were preaching.

They both agreed that Paul was going to preach to the uncircumcised, and they were going to preach to the circumcised.

There is absolutely NOTHING about two different gospels no matter how hard you try.

Yes

Paul told Peter and the Apostles what he was preaching to the Gentiles, and Peter and the Apostles gave their approval.

And why have you NOT corrected GT on her perverted gospel?

I've been too busy trying to correct you and your perverted gospel.

Don't you love your neighbor?

Yes, that's why I so much want you to stop being a follower of John Nelson Darby.

Why are you working ill to her with your silence?

She's not the one claiming there are two gospels, that would be you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course you are, but that's not what saith the scripture!

Read the OP

I have shown with scripture (I even used the KJV) that 2 Peter 3 proves you wrong.

In your thread, and in this thread, you keep ignoring the verses from 2 Peter 3 that I have provided.

Unless you address the verses in 2 Peter 3, you are showing everyone that you can't defend your "two gospel" theory when it is put to the test of the King James Bible.

God's Truth

The verse doesn't say rebirth

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Being born again is being RENEWED.

You cannot get rid of the truth.

God's Truth

I can hardly believe the MADists do not know that being born again is when our sins are washed away and we have a new life without sins.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:thumb:

heir likes to go on and on about how only Romans - Philemon is for the BOC.

Last I checked, Titus is somewhere between Romans and Philemon.

Right Divider

Body part
You just don't get it.

The New Covenant wasn't implemented until Christ Jesus' blood was shed.

Prior to the cross, no one taught the New Covenant.
Mat 26:25-29 KJV Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said. (26) And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (27) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; (28) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Is this NOT Jesus teaching the New Covenant (Testament)?

You probably think that Jesus is drinking wine in the Father's kingdom right now.

After the cross, the New Covenant was preached by Peter, Paul, and all the Apostles.

God's Truth

The Gentiles were DEAD in their sins because they did not do the ceremonial works to clean themselves.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Jesus did not make the Gentiles get circumcised first before he would save them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

A pagan Gentile would have had no idea what Pentecost was.

It would be pointless to tell an unbelieving pagan Gentile about Pentecost.

However, to a Jew who made the annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem every year of his life, Pentecost would have made a lot of sense.

heir

TOL Subscriber
:thumb:

heir likes to go on and on about how only Romans - Philemon is for the BOC.

Last I checked, Titus is somewhere between Romans and Philemon.
The washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost is the Lord's. It was shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour. That's what saith the scripture:

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

as we never had the Spirit to begin with that it could be renewed, but the Lord did!

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this NOT Jesus teaching the New Covenant (Testament)?

Jesus was telling them that He was going to implement the NC.

(John 4:23 KJV) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

"But the hour cometh, and now is"