Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Jerry Shugart

(Matt 24:15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Christ Jesus knew that the above would happen while some of His contemporaries were still alive.

Where is your proof? As usual you just make things up out of thin air.

Jerry Shugart

I wonder when MAD groups will ge around to publishing a Hyperdispensational Bible using the Marcionite canon with the Book of Acts. Color coding could be used so the reader can keep up with the swiftly switching dispensations. Probably a number of versions would need to be published since MAD is actually a Babel of different views.

The gospel that was preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that "good news"(gospel) resulted in receiving life by being "born of God" (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The gospel which was preached to the Gentiles concerned the fact that Christ died for us and believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24). Those who believe in that gospel are also saved (1 Cor.15:1-4).

john w

Hall of Fame
Another group did too - the heretical Marcionites of the Second Century. They believed that God had revealed to Paul through visions another gospel different from the one proclaimed by the Twelve.

Go ahead and assert, on record, that Judas, one of "the Twelve," preached this "gospel," as Paul identified in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. And tell us the content of "the gospel of the kingdom," tying it to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Shasta

(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

In the above verse Paul meets with Peter and some other Apostles in private to make sure that what he was preaching to the Gentiles was ok.

If the gospel Paul was preaching to the Gentiles was some secret gospel that Peter and the other Apostles knew nothing about (MAD's claim), then how did Peter and the other Apostles know whether to approve it or not?

You are exactly right. Paul wanted to run what he taught past the Twelve (plus James) for their inspection and approval. This was his stated purpose.Nothing in the passage indicates that it was Paul's intention was to teach THEM anything. Paul went to the most influential and respected leaders to join forces with them against a common enemy - the Judaizers. In the end the Twelve did not say any converts had to be circumcised. They "laid no burden upon him"and his converts but only wanted Paul to remember the poor.

As you say, if Paul had received some new revelation they disciples would have been in no position to judge it since the only gospel they knew was the one taught to them by Jesus.

God's Truth

The gospel that was preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that "good news"(gospel) resulted in receiving life by being "born of God" (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The gospel which was preached to the Gentiles concerned the fact that Christ died for us and believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24). Those who believe in that gospel are also saved (1 Cor.15:1-4).

We all have to be born again to be saved.

We must be born again. We are BORN AGAIN when all our sins are washed away...we have a REBIRTH. This is done by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

john w

Hall of Fame
....As you say, if Paul had received some new revelation they disciples would have been in no position to judge it since the only gospel they knew was the one taught to them by Jesus.

Show us where the 12, prior to the death, burial, resurrection, ever preached this "the only gospel they knew taught to them by Jesus," preaching:

"Christ is going to die for your sins....be buried.....rise again......Believe this good news to be saved............"

= 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Jerry Shugart

You are exactly right. Paul wanted to run what he taught past the Twelve (plus James) for their inspection and approval.

Previously Paul had been with the Apostles while they preached a gospel (Acts 9:27-29).

If there was only one gospel then there would be no need for Paul to run the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles for their inspection and approval.

He would only do that if the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles was DIFFERENT than the one he previously preached in the company of other Apostles.

Jerry Shugart

We all have to be born again to be saved.

We must be born again. We are BORN AGAIN when all our sins are washed away...we have a REBIRTH. This is done by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Again, our sins are forgiven the moment when we believe:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 9:43).​

God's Truth

Previously Paul had been with the Apostles while they preached a gospel (Acts 9:27-29).

If there was only one gospel then there would be no need for Paul to run the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles for their inspection and approval.

He would only do that if the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles was DIFFERENT than the one he previously preached in the company of other Apostles.

The Jews did not trust Paul, so Paul was the choice to go far away to the Gentiles, not to preach another gospel, but to tell the Gentiles they too can be saved.

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

God's Truth

Again, our sins are forgiven the moment when we believe:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 9:43).​

Everyone has to be BORN AGAIN.

You said the Gentiles were not to be born again.

I gave you scripture from Paul that says 'rebirth'; rebirth is BORN AGAIN.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You can't be serious?

Paul wanted to make sure it was ok what he was preaching to the Gentiles

(Gal 2:2) ....I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Paul tells Peter and the Apostles what had happened:

(Gal 2:4) This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.

There is nothing about two gospels in Galatians chp 2

Jerry Shugart

Everyone has to be BORN AGAIN.

You said the Gentiles were not.

I gave you scripture from Paul that says 'rebirth'; rebirth is BORN AGAIN.

Here Peter tells us exactly how a person is born again:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God... And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

James says virtually the same thing:

"He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created" (Jas.1:18).​

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show us where the 12, prior to the death, burial, resurrection, ever preached this "the only gospel they knew taught to them by Jesus,"

You just don't get it.

The New Covenant wasn't implemented until Christ Jesus' blood was shed.

Prior to the cross, no one taught the New Covenant.

After the cross, the New Covenant was preached by Peter, Paul, and all the Apostles.

God's Truth

Before Paul was saved, he used to try to destroy the church.

So then when Paul started preaching salvation through Jesus, the Jews did not trust him, they thought he was trying to trick them so that he could put them in prison.

Acts 22:19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

God's Truth

Here Peter tells us exactly how a person is born again:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God... And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

James says virtually the same thing:

"He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created" (Jas.1:18).​

So did Paul, but why won't you acknowledge the truth?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

That's right.

Notice the Lord didn't say: "Go; I will send you far away to preach a different gospel to the Gentiles".

The "two gospel" theory can't stand up to scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
You just don't get it.

The New Covenant wasn't implemented until Christ Jesus' blood was shed.

Prior to the cross, no one taught the New Covenant.

After the cross, the New Covenant was preached by Peter, Paul, and all the Apostles.

You just can't be so stupid.

Caught, in another lie:

You assert "one gospel."

The gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV includes the:

Death
Burial
Resurrection

"Prior to the cross, no one taught the New Covenant."-you

And yet, prior to the cross, moron Craigie, the 12, including Judas, did preach "the gospel of the kingdom," which means, moron, that the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, is not equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom,"unless you are going to assert that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and the 12, prior to the dbr. But you just said that they did not..

So much for your "there is just one gospel/piece of good news" in the bible "invention."

How did you get so stupid, Craigie? Must be those infallible teachers, whom you claim teach you.

You're a pushover, so easy to defeat in a "debate"(loosely employed-no opposition with you). That's because you're stupid-no other option. Stay down on the mat, mutt, or I'll bloody you some more.

Tet. asserts that his saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Shasta

Go ahead and assert, on record, that Judas, one of "the Twelve," preached this "gospel," as Paul identified in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. And tell us the content of "the gospel of the kingdom," tying it to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Some people who were in ministry with Paul also turned back to the world also (e.g., Alexander the Coppersmith in 2 Timothy 4:14). Was Paul's gospel, or Paul himself somehow deficient because of the choices of his disciples? Many throughout history begin well, some even preaching and ministering but for one reason or another they turn aside from their mission and abandon Christ. Are you claiming that those who take up their cross to follow Christ will always do so?

Jesus hand picked Judas and sent him out with the others to do whatever they did. Judas loved money and in the end those thorns choked the word and destroyed the life within him. Doesn't this sound like a modern story? Modern day textual scholar Bart Eerman was originally a believer. Now he tries to use his knowledge to refute the scriptures. What's your point? Is it just the shock value of getting to say "St. Judas" as if one could call an apostate "holy" AFTER his apostasy

As I have read your posts it seems to me that you want every part of the synoptics to be a full statement of the Truth when Jesus' death. burial, Resurrection and Ascension do not occur until the very end. Altogether the events of Jesus life, Who He was, What He said, What He did comprise are the Story of Redemption which is the seed bed of all truth but the revelation was not complete until the last chapter.His final work on the cross could not be revealed before the hour for "if the devil had known what Jesus was going to do he would no have crucified Him"

BTW it is the almost unanimous opinion among scholars, conservative and otherwise, that 1 Cor. 15:1-4 is an early creed that was in existence before Paul's conversion and was passed down to him orally. It verifies that the earliest beliefs of the Church included the resurrection (among other things). So what you say is Pauline was actually taught to him

I don't know what you believe about the Kingdom so you will have to explain

Jerry Shugart

Paul tells Peter and the Apostles what had happened:

(Gal 2:4) This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves.

The matter under discussion was in regard to the "freedom" the Gentiles enjoyed under their gospel and some Jews were trying to enslave them. And that is why Paul went to Jerusalem:

"And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question" (Acts 15:1-2).​

Paul went to Jerusalem to explain to the other Apostles that according to the gospel he preached among the Gentiles that circumcision wasn't necessary for salvation.

Paul's trip to Jerusalem had nothing at all to do with him wanting to make sure it was ok what he was preaching to the Gentiles.

Again, previously Paul had been with the Apostles while they preached a gospel (Acts 9:27-29).

He would only do that if the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles was DIFFERENT than the one he previously preached in the company of other Apostles