Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

Danoh

More proof that Peter and Paul preached the one gospel:

(Gal 1:9 KJV) As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Notice the "WE".

So, yours IS autobiography... written in straws, lol

God's Truth

Peter not only preached a different gospel from Paul but also denied that Paul could be the apostle to the Gentiles by saying that he himself was the one assigned with the mission to the Gentiles. (Acts 15:7) Paul was present at the Jerusalem Council that day and kept his mouth shut and did not say a word against Peter.

You just do not like Paul because Paul teaches there is no one saved according to their race; and, there is no race more special than another, except Jesus Christ.

You do not like Paul because Paul teaches Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. The only circumcision that counts is the circumcision of the heart. Special days were about the coming Messiah, and since the Messiah came, those observing days are doing something worthless. There is no more special washings anymore, because we are washed by pure water once and for all. We do not have to give the blood of animals year after year, because Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world once and for all.

Jerry Shugart

Give it up Jerry.

You need to give it up because you have provided no evidence that even hints that the Lord Jesus would know which particular generation would see all the things he listed. You have not even attempted to address what I said here:

By the Lord Jesus' own admission the "times" and "seasons" have been put in the Father's power (Acts 1:7; Mt.24:36). It is not as if He had been given a vision in regard to the time when all these things would be fulfilled. Instead, He was the Prophet described here:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him" (Deut.18:18).

The Lord Jesus had no special knowledge in regard to when the things would happen so He certainly would not be pointing out any specific generation of men who would see the signs of which He spoke.

Therefore there is nothing in the Bible which indicates that the Lord Jesus would know that His prophecies would be fulfilled during the time of any specific generation.​

if you have an answer to this then let us hear it. If you don't then admit that you have no answer.

(Luke 17:35 KJV) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 11:32 KJV) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

So what?

None of those verses are in regard to the time when the Lord Jesus will return to earth. I never said that the Greek word genea cannot be translated "generation." I proved that one of the meanings of that word is "family.

God's Truth

That's rich - most of us are Cessasionist.

I believe you. Have you cessationed away from Paul?

1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

john w

Hall of Fame
This is what you guys do.

When you can't defend your Dispensationalism, you try to portray the person arguing against your Dispensationalism as unsaved.

Show us one dispensational/MAD proponent, providing the exact quote/thread, who has ever asserted that any person arguing against Dispensationalism, is unsaved.

You made this charge before, I challenged you on it, and you punted/flew away.

Show us.

You won't, Puff n Stuff Craigie.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jerry, you really need to do a study on the Feast of Trumpets.

In Matthew 24 Jesus gives us all kinds of events that will take place before His return. Christ Jesus knew when it would take place

When Jesus said no one knows the day or hour, it was a specific reference to the Feast of Trumpets.

The Sanhedrin used to send out two witnesses to proclaim when the new moon was seen. Only when the two witnesses verified there was a new moon, could the Feast of Trumpets start. Everyone
had to wait before they could begin the observance of the festival until the two witnesses verified it.

Jesus fulfilled the 4 spring feasts during His Incarnation. The 3 fall feasts were fulfilled in 70AD beginning with the Feast of Trumpets.

Unlike the other feasts, no one knew what day the Feast of Trumpets would fall on because it depended when the two witnesses would verify the new moon.

young_moon.jpeg

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you really need to do a study on the Feast of Trumpets.

Now that you cannot give any evidence that the Lord Jesus knew which generation would see His return to earth you want to change the subject. Why don't you just admit that you have no answer to what I said here?"

By the Lord Jesus' own admission the "times" and "seasons" have been put in the Father's power (Acts 1:7; Mt.24:36). It is not as if He had been given a vision in regard to the time when all these things would be fulfilled. Instead, He was the Prophet described here:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him" (Deut.18:18).

The Lord Jesus had no special knowledge in regard to when the things would happen so He certainly would not be pointing out any specific generation of men who would see the signs of which He spoke.

Therefore there is nothing in the Bible which indicates that the Lord Jesus would know that His prophecies would be fulfilled during the time of any specific generation.​

You evidently have no answer or else you would have already presented it. Now is the time for you to admit that you have no answer.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that you cannot give any evidence that the Lord Jesus knew which generation would see His return to earth you want to change the subject.

It's clear from scripture that the generation of Jesus' contemporaries would see His return.

When Jesus said "No one knows the day or hour" it was a direct reference to the Feast of Trumpets.

Like I said Jerry, do a study on the Feast of Trumpets and how the Sanhedrin used to send out men to look for the new moon.

Jerry Shugart

It's clear from scripture that the generation of Jesus' contemporaries would see His return.

You obviously have no answer to what I said here:

You evidently have no answer or else you would have already presented it. Now is the time for you to admit that you have no answer.

You talk big but when it comes down to providing actual Scriptual evidence to support your view you come up empty handed.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nope

(Matt 24:15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Christ Jesus knew that the above would happen while some of His contemporaries were still alive.

And, that's what happened, starting in 66AD

Shasta

Yep.

Messianic Jews and MADists both claim Peter and Paul preached different gospels.

Another group did too - the heretical Marcionites of the Second Century. They believed that God had revealed to Paul through visions another gospel different from the one proclaimed by the Twelve. Marcion's gospel was also antinomian not like that of the legalistic half-Judaized disciples who still held to the silly notion that true faith will lead a Christian to obey the moral law.

Accordingly, Marcion took out of his Bible everything but Luke's Gospel and the writings of Paul. I wonder when MAD groups will ge around to publishing a Hyperdispensational Bible using the Marcionite canon with the Book of Acts. Color coding could be used so the reader can keep up with the swiftly switching dispensations. Probably a number of versions would need to be published since MAD is actually a Babel of different views.