Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

john w

Hall of Fame
No, it's just that he keeps copying and pasting the same posts in every thread no matter what the thread topic is.

Like you, Johnny W has not even attempted to address the topic of this thread.

I stay on topic. I'm the director here, Cragie; you are the dancer. Power....Authority...

What is this "one gospel," that you claim that your saint Judas preached?

Danoh

(2 Peter 3:15 KJV) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Peter is telling the Galatians that Paul had previously written to them.

Yet, heir claims that the Galatians Peter is writing to are being preached a different gospel than Paul preached, despite Peter clearly telling the Galatians that Paul has previously written to them.

15. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

In other words,

16. As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

What things? The Lord's delayed return in wrath, in longsuffering.

In other words, this - Acts 3:

18. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Was interrupted by this - Romans 9:

22. What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23. And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24. Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

1 Timothy 1:

15. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
16. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Romans 11:

25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles
be come in.
26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father’s sakes.

That, interrupted this - Romans 15:

8. Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9. And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10. And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11. And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
12. And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

And as a result...

13. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
14. And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
15. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
16. That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
17. I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
18. For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,
19. Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
20. Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man’s foundation:
21. But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

What both their letters to the other had in common was that "whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope," Romans 15:4.

1 Corinthians 9:

11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

In this, you're hard pressed to show what letters Peter says Paul wrote "to" them.

Neither would throw out a part of the Scriptures.

john w

Hall of Fame
What makes you think she isn't?

Why is it that you Dispies say salvation is by faith and faith alone, but then go around telling everyone who has faith in Christ Jesus that they aren't saved?

Are you asserting that you agree with "god'suntruth's testimony?

Yes, or no, spneless one?

john w

Hall of Fame
What I wonder is how you and heir claim to be experts about the "two gospels", but then when you both are given questions with verses from the KJV challenging your "two gospel" theory, you both run and hide.

Identify this "one gospel" that your saint Judas preached-tell us about it.

Why are you running and hiding?

Ben Masada

I read it.

Paul and Peter preached the one true gospel.

In 2 Cor 11 Paul is warning the Corinthians about false apostles preaching a false gospel.

This has nothing to do with the one true gospel Paul, Peter, and the rest of the Apostles preached.

Sorry but you are totally wrong. Paul was referring to the Apostles in Jerusalem. Read II Cor. 11:22. "Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I. If this is not enough, take a look at Gal. 1:17. Paul was talking about the Apostles of Jesus in Jerusalem. Then v. 19 reads thus: "But other of the Apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother." Well, can you still say that this has nothing to do with the Apostles? That's why you guys don't like me here; because you know I bring the truth up into the light and you want the truth hidden in the dark. That's why Paul wanted Christians to walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7)

Jerry Shugart

The ole "generation doesn't really mean generation" argument.

Are you not aware that many Greek words have more than one meaning?:

"genea,, a/j, Ion. geneh,, h/j( h`, Ep. dat. geneh/fi: (gi,gnomai): I. of the persons in a family, 1. race, stock, family, Hom., etc.; Pria,mou g. Il.; evk geneh/j according to his family, Ib.; geneh/| by birth-right, Od.; geneh.n Aivtwlo,j by descent, Il.:-of horses, a breed, Ib.:-generally, geneh,n in kind, Hdt.:-also a tribe, nation, Persw/n g. Aesch. 2. a race, generation, oi[hper fu,llwn geneh. toih,de kai. avndrw/n Il.; du,o geneai. avnqrw,pwn Ib. 3. offspring, Orac. ap. Hdt.; and of a single person, Soph. II. of time or place in reference to birth: 1. a birth-place, geneh. evpi. li,mnh| Gugai,h| Il.; of an eagle's eyrie, Od. 2. age, time of life, esp. in phrases geneh/| new,tatoj( presbu,tatoj youngest, eldest, in age, or by birth, Hom. 3. time of birth, evk geneh/j Hdt.; avpo. g. Xen."

Don't you Dispies ever get tired trying to make Matt 24:34 say something it doesn't say?

Where is your evidence that the Lord Jesus even knew which "generation" would see all these things? And anyone in their right mind knows that the generation who lived in the first century never saw a world wide judgement:

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth"(Lk.21:32-35).​

Of course the correct translation is:

"Verily I say unto you, This family shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled."

Danoh

Please tell me what you think Peter was speaking about when he said people misunderstand Paul.

Tell me in a new post.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times - not gonna happen...

Here, that your actual intent as to the following request be a witness before all.

Here, read this short, very simple, primer on our view.

Can you do that much, or will your refusal be your witness against you once more - remember 25,000 plus and counting, lol

http://www.bijbel.nl/_files/MDonaI01.pdf

Danoh

This is what you guys do.

When you can't defend your Dispensationalism, you try to portray the person arguing against your Dispensationalism as unsaved.

That is absolute nonsense as the two issues are not the same.

There are more saved than there are lost, that are confused about our view.

Which one are you? Your basis?