program

Lon

close
our choice is free
totally free
what we get to choose from is limited
Then choose not to sin, ever again. I say you are a slave and can only serve one of two masters. Well, scriptures says it. Such is very much against a totally free will. You are 'totally free from God, but a slave to sin' at birth. You are totally free from sin, but a slave to God, at rebirth.

Notice 'totally' doesn't mean totally free other than as it pertains to slavery and binding of the will.

I don't care who you are, you cannot rewrite scripture or the truth found thereof.

Lon

That is what God asks of us based on what He has provided us with as a guide to what sin is.
If you had a 'total' free will, you could avoid sin forever after obtaining it. 1 John 3:2 says that day will happen, which means we will then have a free will, for the first time since Adam and Eve's Fall with the rest of humanity.

You really can't rewrite this: we have no genuinely unrestrained freewill.
Very few ever suggest, imply or out and out claim we do because it cannot be true.

IMJerusha

If you had a 'total' free will, you could avoid sin forever after obtaining it. 1 John 3:2 says that day will happen, which means we will then have a free will, for the first time since Adam and Eve's Fall with the rest of humanity.

You really can't rewrite this: we have no genuinely unrestrained freewill.
Very few ever suggest, imply or out and out claim we do because it cannot be true.

There are sins we can not avoid; sins we can not control. As a young adult I once thought that we could not be held to blame for these because we are as God made us but Scripture tells us there are thoughts that are sinful. We can school our thoughts to some degree but oftentimes thoughts come unbidden. Still, God gives us choices and our salvation hinges on our choices and His Grace and Mercy.

Lon

There are sins we can not avoid; sins we can not control. As a young adult I once thought that we could not be held to blame for these because we are as God made us but Scripture tells us there are thoughts that are sinful. We can school our thoughts to some degree but oftentimes thoughts come unbidden. Still, God gives us choices and our salvation hinges on our choices and His Grace and Mercy.
Such means a responsible/culpable will. Such is a much better definition of will and I'd agree to it's responsibility and culpability.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

There you go again speaking out of both sides of your mouth, I am not being rude to you but Freewill speech IS doublespeak, just as the conditional salvation which derives from it is doublespeak.

It is all I will/I won't, I can/I can't

It is all by grace/but it depends on us

It is eternal life/but we might lose it.

Dearest Chrys often says I am misreprepresenting the meaning of freewill. But freewill means to the whole world that you can do as you want.

That's what the homos mockingly say, God gave me freewill so He can't blame me if I choose to be homo...the church taught them that.

Chrys says freewill is a precious gift from God...but he seeks to take freewill away by legislating against abortion. I am not pro abortion but you can't have it both ways.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Dearest Chrys often says I am misreprepresenting the meaning of freewill. But freewill means to the whole world that you can do as you want.

That's what the homos mockingly say, God gave me freewill so He can't blame me if I choose to be homo...the church taught them that.

Chrys says freewill is a precious gift from God...but he seeks to take freewill away by legislating against abortion. I am not pro abortion but you can't have it both ways.

can you blame someone for what they do?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They are blamable for not doing God's will, when we are out of God's will we are in bondage....bondage is not freewill, doing God's will is not freewill.

Man has a will but it is not free.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Man's story is told, He was deceived into thinking he had freewill to disobey God...there would be no death...no bondage to death through sin.

The devil uses the same tactics today.