program

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If I had repented like the prodigal in the bible...would I have been there and then received? Or like the man in the temple would I there and then have gone home justified?

Or would I have to wait until I died?

There were 2 men in the temple, mercy was availiable....

what are you hiding?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
not much information in this post
No real questions to answer.

you didn't confirm whether or not your church uses the westminster confession
I don't tend to repeat myself to the same poster. Or a simple google on the point would leave you with (link):

When the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America was formed in 1788, it adopted (with minor revisions) the Westminster Confession of Faith, Larger and Shorter Catechisms (1647), as its secondary standards (the Bible itself being the only infallible rule of faith and practice). Officers in the Presbyterian Church in America take a vow to “sincerely receive and adopt” these confessional documents “as containing the system of doctrine taught in the Holy Scriptures.”​

IMJerusha

God knew Judas would be damned when psalm 69 was written...that is He always knew.

Yes, because He is in all time at all time; that is how He has foreknowledge. The fact that He knows our choice doesn't take away our choice. He has always given His people a choice. Deut. 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, because He is in all time at all time. The fact that He knows our choice doesn't take away our choice. He has always given His people a choice. Deut. 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..."

I chose this post freely
but
I have to admit

there is not much to choose from
so
it is true

my choices are limited

IMJerusha

What do you mean man is free to reject God? he HAS rejected God. That is the point which is overlooked. But God has not rejected man.

....Man is in bondage, he MUST sin, he MUST die. these facts govern the whole of man's existence at the present time.

Man's only hope is God have mercy....and He does

Oh come on, Tottie, you're playing a semantics game. DR means that we are free to believe in and obey Him or not. We MUST sin? We MUST die? Enoch proved that's not exactly so. Do we sin unintentionally? Yes. MUST we sin intentionally? NO. And Scripture does record a few not having died before God took them. We have choices. Belief in God is one of our choices. Obedience to God is another of our choices.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes, because He is in all time at all time; that is how He has foreknowledge. The fact that He knows our choice doesn't take away our choice. He has always given His people a choice. Deut. 30:19 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live..."

PROVE you have freewill, you are the great holiness teacher aren't you.

Stop sinning for a day [I was going to say week]

Surely with your belief in the need for holiness coupled with freewill you can manage that for the Lord's glory can't you?

IMJerusha

I chose this post freely
but
I have to admit

there is not much to choose from
so
it is true

my choices are limited

I think life is filled with choices, but if you want to consider that we have only One God and One Way to Him, in that I'd have to agree with you!

IMJerusha

PROVE you have freewill, you are the great holiness teacher aren't you.

Stop sinning for a day [I was going to say week]

Surely with your belief in the need for holiness coupled with freewill you can manage that for the Lord's glory can't you?

You just did it for me. You didn't have to insult me but you exercised your free will to sin against God by sinning against a member of the Body. You chose to sin. Was it good for you? :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
So we're limited........

So we're limited........

our choice is free
totally free
what we get to choose from is limited

Such was my point. This limitation however does not negate our freedom to choose, since we still have such a power. Granted this...then our free will is limited. The opportunity of life or death in its various stages or ultimacy still lies within this limited context of our choices. Therefore, the full allowance and potential of our own choices are based upon our 'response-ability', maintaining that principle of 'sovereignty of will' and 'self-responsibility'. God is ever giving us the opportunity for all possibilities, either positive or negative, the full range of choice & consequence.

We can 'modify' programs to an extent.

pj

Mocking You

good guess

I don't see anything applicable. I suppose Baptist would come the closest, as I have attended Baptist churches in the past, now attending a non-denom. However, there are a wide range of Baptist beliefs so labeling someone a Baptist usually means you can only be sure of a couple of things - - believers water baptism by immersion, communion and baptism as symbolic and not a means of grace, religious freedom, separation of church and state.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't see anything applicable. I suppose Baptist would come the closest, as I have attended Baptist churches in the past, now attending a non-denom. However, there are a wide range of Baptist beliefs so labeling someone a Baptist usually means you can only be sure of a couple of things - - believers water baptism by immersion, communion and baptism as symbolic and not a means of grace, religious freedom, separation of church and state.

great
now we are getting somewhere
I have a lot of respect for the baptists
I read their confession
and
I like it
so my question to you is
which of the following categories would you pick
protestant
evangelical
reformed