Paul's gospel was a mystery!

heir

TOL Subscriber
It was hard for me to admit I was a sinner because I was raised Catholic and thought I was already saved and not guilty of any sin.

When I found out that the Catholic denomination was not the truth, I went on a search for God's Truth. After much searching by studying other denominations...I was overwhelmed with all the different denominations and doctrines. I didn't think God wanted to have anything to do with me, really. However, I wanted to belong to God more than anything and to know His Truth. So I told God that I was going to do what Jesus says and maybe God would mistake me for one of His and let me be called His child. Not so much that God would mistake me for one of His, but that I would be so much like one of His that He would allow me to be called His. So I started to do everything that I could think of that Jesus had said to do in the Bible. I started obeying by admitting I was a sinner. It was hard for me to admit I was a sinner because I didn't do anything from an evil heart...I always had an excuse for doing the wrong that I did. I really looked at my life and thought about what I was doing wrong and what I had done wrong in my life. I thought about I might doing wrong at that moment that was a sin, and I went backwards in time and thought of everything that I did that was wrong, all the way as far as I could remember, and then I asked God to forgive me. Then I started to get rid of the sin that I was doing.
None of that is a testimony of salvation.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Warning, Heir. Leave Eagles Wings alone. Do not dare to touch her with your hatefulness. Doing so will bring coals of fire upon your head. I mean it!

You are saying that you believe, if Heir does not leave Eagles Wings alone, then God will punish her, correct? It seems some folks think you are saying you will put coals of fire in Heir's head?

You might want to clear this up? Why do you get so mad when someone professes a differing belief?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Warning, Heir. Leave Eagles Wings alone. Do not dare to touch her with your hatefulness. Doing so will bring coals of fire upon your head. I mean it!
Threatening members again? That's gonna cost you. We can debate chickens' wings all we want

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Good example of what I say to look for from MADists . . .

Their superiority attitude and condescending behavior towards others reveals a lot.

MADism is nothing more than a convenient theology for people who would like to be worldly and then assume into Heaven when the fruits of their indifference becomes realized.

It ought to be completely anathema, along with their pretentious attitude which really just nails the coffin.

God's Truth

I guess you NEVER heard of the "Grace Gospel" that was preached by The Apostle Paul, right?

Jesus CAME with grace and he taught the gospel of grace.

Paul taught that same grace.

Paul, a Pharisee for many years and from many generations of Pharisees explained that salvation is no longer of works...works of the law...the righteous works of the law which is circumcision, the observance of special days, a dietary law, various external washings and the sacrifice of animals.

How do you ever get that Paul would put down obeying God?

Paul did not preach believe and do not obey or you will have forfeited salvation.

Doing what Jesus says to do will not ever cause you trouble.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are saying that you believe, if Heir does not leave Eagles Wings alone, then God will punish her, correct? It seems some folks think you are saying you will put coals of fire in Heir's head?

You might want to clear this up? Why do you get so mad when someone professes a differing belief?
The whole "I mean it!" comment shows who the threat was coming from and it wasn't God. Her subsequent attempt to smooth it over by saying she was talking about the judgment of God was most likely a result of her seeing that I had reported it.

God's Truth

You said before that repenting is, "stop doing the sins that you do". God repented and according to your made up definition of what repent means God would be in need of "stop doing the sins that you do". You make God a sinner. Now, to top that off, instead of saying God has never sinned, you are saying God doesn't have to! Doesn't have to stop doing the sins" that He does? No! Repent does not mean what you say it does and God is not a sinner! You are a mess!

Will you say any false thing about me to defend your doctrines?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Nang is old and has always gone a bit hyper over her theology, as of disagreement is a personal attack. She is basically a harmless old lady who gets too bent out of shape when anyone, as she perceives, is 'attacking' her beliefs.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Will you say any false thing about me to defend your doctrines?
Why did you not say that God has never sinned? Why did you leave it at God "doesn't have to" repent according to your twisted definition? Will you leave God a sinner according to your twisted definition or will you retract your definition that makes him a sinner in need of "stop the sins that you do"?

SaulToPaul 2

Nang is old and has always gone a bit hyper over her theology, as of disagreement is a personal attack. She is basically a harmless old lady who gets too bent out of shape when anyone, as she perceives, is 'attacking' her beliefs.

I agree, but still she is not a normal grandma.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is a testimony and doing what Jesus says to do will get you say. Jesus is the Way. How do you ever think you will get lost by doing what the Way says.
The gospel of your salvation is nowhere to be found in that long post about what you allegedly do (but in reality, don't).

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Nice cherry pick, from one of the books you think holds all the weight, from a Bible version which you feel best upholds your views :rolleyes:

I don't even need to refute MADism, it refutes itself.