Paul: "If Christ be not raised your faith is in vain and you are still in your sins"

beloved57

"For by grace (God's goodness) are you saved, BY FAITH (not Calvinism) and not that of yourself: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD" Ephesians 2:8.
You deny that scripture and teach salvation by works, by what a person does.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Brother Ducky

Were you saved when you accepted Christ as your savior and received the Holy Spirit or were you saved 2000 years ago by the life, death and resurrection of Christ which you had not part in?

First, you really did not respond to the post.

Not really an either/or situation. In some sense, we are saved upon election before the foundation of the world. In some sense we were saved by the cross work of Jesus. And in some sense we are saved when God monergistically converts us. And in some sense we are saved when we are glorified. We were saved, we are being saved, and we will be saved.

My salvation or your salvation is not really the issue. Was Judas Iscariot saved? If so, what did salvation get him?

Robert Pate

Banned
First, you really did not respond to the post.

Not really an either/or situation. In some sense, we are saved upon election before the foundation of the world. In some sense we were saved by the cross work of Jesus. And in some sense we are saved when God monergistically converts us. And in some sense we are saved when we are glorified. We were saved, we are being saved, and we will be saved.

My salvation or your salvation is not really the issue. Was Judas Iscariot saved? If so, what did salvation get him?

We are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus NOTHING.

That should have been your answer.

Ben Masada

It doesnt matter what you are. the jews of moses day were not christians either, they were golden calf worshippers !

Not the Jews but the Gentiles who took advantage of the Exodus of the Jews and left Egypt together. Once in the desert when Moses went up the Mount Sinai and was taking too long to return, they demanded golden calf to be built and worshiped, and take them back to Egypt. Happy now? Thousands of Gentile slaves had left Egypt with the Jews and Moses did not stop them.
They were all Baal worshipers.

beloved57

Not the Jews but the Gentiles who took advantage of the Exodus of the Jews and left Egypt together. Once in the desert when Moses went up the Mount Sinai and was taking too long to return, they demanded golden calf to be built and worshiped, and take them back to Egypt. Happy now? Thousands of Gentile slaves had left Egypt with the Jews and Moses did not stop them.
They were all Baal worshipers.
It was jews, Moses brethren according to the flesh that believed God was a golden calf.

Nanja

It was jews, Moses brethren according to the flesh that believed God was a golden calf.

Yes, they were jews according to the flesh which worshipped a false god,
just as all false religion does Eph. 4:18.

Only one who is Born of the Spirit, in God's reckoning, is a True Jew.

Rom. 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Phil. 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, they were jews according to the flesh which worshipped a false god,
just as all false religion does Eph. 4:18.

Only one who is Born of the Spirit, in God's reckoning, is a True Jew.

Rom. 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Phil. 3:3
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

~~~~~
So True.