Paul: "If Christ be not raised your faith is in vain and you are still in your sins"

God's Truth

God regenerates no one that has not come to Christ as a repentant sinners to be saved by him.

You are not going to be able to go around Jesus Christ and be saved by being predestinated. Its not going to happen that way.

Repent means we have to stop sinning.

Robert Pate

Banned
Repent means we have to stop sinning.

Repent really means to change your mind about God and his Son Jesus Christ.

It is not really possible to repent without the Holy Spirit.

Those that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him will repent.

You will never stop sinning as long as you are still in your Adamic body. You need to repent from your holiness doctrine and confess that you are a sinner.

God's Truth

Repent really means to change your mind about God and his Son Jesus Christ.

The Gentiles had to change their mind about Jesus? Some didn't even know about Jesus until it was preached to them, so how would they have to change their mind about him?

Repent is about sins. Repent is about sins to Jews and to Gentiles.

How many times do you have to be told?

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

It is not really possible to repent without the Holy Spirit.

Saul in the Old Testament had the Holy Spirit and did not repent.

Jesus told the people to repent when he walked the earth, and they did not yet have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Those that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him will repent.

Just listen to your nonsense.

You will never stop sinning as long as you are still in your Adamic body. You need to repent from your holiness doctrine and confess that you are a sinner.

If I did not confess to being a sinner, and repent of my sins, Jesus never would have saved me.

Just believe Jesus.

Repent or perish.

You were given two scriptures from Paul where he says God does not play favoritism and that you will pay for your wrong doing. You think you are standing strong because you say you believe in Jesus and are saved, be careful...God does NOT play favoritism.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gentiles had to change their mind about Jesus? Some didn't even know about Jesus until it was preached to them, so how would they have to change their mind about him?

Repent is about sins. Repent is about sins to Jews and to Gentiles.

How many times do you have to be told?

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Saul in the Old Testament had the Holy Spirit and did not repent.

Jesus told the people to repent when he walked the earth, and they did not yet have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Just listen to your nonsense.

If I did not confess to being a sinner, and repent of my sins, Jesus never would have saved me.

Just believe Jesus.

Repent or perish.

You were given two scriptures from Paul where he says God does not play favoritism and that you will pay for your wrong doing. You think you are standing strong because you say you believe in Jesus and are saved, be careful...God does NOT play favoritism.

The sinner that goes down on his knees to repent is the same sinner that gets up off of his knees.

Repentance does not make one righteous.

If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that you fall short of what God requires, which is perfection, Romans 3:23.

You apparently think that God is a sinner like yourself.

God's Truth

The sinner that goes down on his knees to repent is the same sinner that gets up off of his knees.

Repentance does not make one righteous.

If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that you fall short of what God requires, which is perfection, Romans 3:23.

You apparently think that God is a sinner like yourself.

What are you doing on your knees if we do not have to anything---like YOU preach?

Tell me, how is it you preach against me saying we have to obey, yet you are on your knees?

God's Truth

Your confusion and condemnation you speak to others is from the devil. Who else but the devil would cause you so much confusion?

Robert Pate tells me I am condemned for preaching obedience, when I tell people to obey and humble ourselves, and to repent of our sins, and then he says he did something great by going on his knees.

Just listen to the way he lies about me. Just listen to the accusations he says. He says I think God is a sinner like me. Where does his evil accusations come from? Think about it.

God's Truth

Pate, all your false accusations show you are ensnared by the devil.

Tell me, why were you on your knees, but then falsely accuse me and lie about me when I say to obey and repent?

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus saved me when I was sitting down.

We have been over this many times before.

You seem to think that you have some sort of righteousness that God will accept.

Big shock for you in the judgment when you find out that your righteousness is filthy rags.

You will probably be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.

I can hear you now. "But Lord, Lord, didn't I obey the commandments?"

God's Truth

No one says it is. How many times do you have to be told? Are you so programed there is no room for input whatsoever? Is it all just an outflow of indoctrination? You're a sad sad case. :sigh:
Since you know obeying is never a sin---THEN REPENT of your sins to be saved and to stay saved.

God's Truth

You're going against yourself, GT.

You're like Let's Argue except you post out here where we can all see your self absorbed personality. Why don't you ever listen? Many have tried to preach the gospel to you and you count on yourself every time. It's sad.

I don't count on myself. I count on what Jesus says. I do what he says to do.