PARADISE ON EARTH---don't we all really want it?

glorydaz

YOU don't understand what a VISION is! Did the Apostle John actually SEE real locusts with heads like men and teeth like lions'? Did locusts actually exist that had tails like scorpions? That was a VISION. Something APPEARS to be there but is, in reality, not. John saw many things that were not real but were shown to him in a vision so that he might get an idea of what would happen as REPRESENTED BY the things in the vision.

Nonsense, John was shown things that would be in the future, and he described them as best he could.

Revelation 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:​

The Transfiguration was like that.

No, it wasn't.

Moses and Elijah represented the Law and the Prophets, both of which pointed toward Christ and were fulfilled in him. The whole thing showed that Jesus had God's approval and it was a foreview of his future glory and Kingdom power.

Moses and Elijah were men, and they appeared to those who were there.

What Paul saw on the road to Damascus was not a "vision." Jesus actually appeared to him. I don't see any place in the account where it called Jesus' appearance a "vision."

No one with Paul saw the Lord, and scripture doesn't say Paul actually saw Him. He did, however, appear to Paul and speak to him.

Why do you insist that Moses and Elijah were actually alive, when Jesus said that no one would go to heaven before he did (after his resurrection)? (John 3:13)

No one said they had gone to heaven. Their bodies had gone back to the dust, but Moses and Elijah were clearly not "sleeping" as so many cults claim.

glorydaz

Yeah, like the scripture doesn't mean what it says when it calls the Transfiguration a "vision." And it doesn't mean what it says when it says that the Father alone is the "only true God" (John 17:3), and "God is the head of Christ" (I Corinthians 11:3). The scripture, to you, doesn't mean what it says when it has Jesus saying that "the Father is greater than I am" (John 14:28) and that he was returning to "my God and your God" (John 20:17). None of that means what it says!! Right?

Unlike you, I can rightly divide the Scripture knowing which words are spoken by the man, Jesus of Nazareth, and which verses speak of the Lord Jesus Christ who was with God and was God from the beginning. That Lord Jesus Christ who came out from God, down from heaven to dwell among us as a man.

So, yes, all those verses mean what they say, but they don't tell the whole story. You have to actually read more than just those select verses, and you have to understand that Jesus Christ is both Divine and Human. Most cults reject that clear teaching of Scripture.

glorydaz

That's correct. Moses and Elijah were long dead, and we know that "dead" means DEAD to everybody but Satan.

"The dead are conscious of NOTHING at all." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

Cults love to cherry pick verses, even ignoring verses written by the same author. The dead BODY (dust) is conscious of nothing, but man is more than just a body. He is spirit, soul, and body.

Ecc. 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Ecclesiastes 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.​

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Cults don't accept that man's body is but his temporary covering....the tent in which we reside. Of course tents know not anything once the soul and spirit have departed.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's correct. Moses and Elijah were long dead, and we know that "dead" means DEAD to everybody but Satan.

"The dead are conscious of NOTHING at all." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

Did you read verse 9??? It was a VISION. They "appeared" but they weren't actually there. Just like all the stuff the Apostle John saw when he recorded the Revelation. Did a terrible beast with 7 heads actually exist? NO! He saw things that stood for, or, represented a reality, just like what Peter and James and John saw during the Transfiguration.

So you say Jesus was talking to a vision of people who were not there?

LA

KingdomRose

Nonsense, John was shown things that would be in the future, and he described them as best he could.

Revelation 1:1
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:​

No, it wasn't.

Moses and Elijah were men, and they appeared to those who were there.

No one with Paul saw the Lord, and scripture doesn't say Paul actually saw Him. He did, however, appear to Paul and speak to him.

No one said they had gone to heaven. Their bodies had gone back to the dust, but Moses and Elijah were clearly not "sleeping" as so many cults claim.

Moses and Elijah were DEAD, and they "appeared" only in VISION. Hello! Do you ignore EVERYTHING that might rock your little boat?

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

So your brilliant estimation is that Moses and Elijah weren't really dead and they didn't go to heaven but were....what?....wandering around somewhere? Where???

KingdomRose

Unlike you, I can rightly divide the Scripture knowing which words are spoken by the man, Jesus of Nazareth, and which verses speak of the Lord Jesus Christ who was with God and was God from the beginning. That Lord Jesus Christ who came out from God, down from heaven to dwell among us as a man.

So, yes, all those verses mean what they say, but they don't tell the whole story. You have to actually read more than just those select verses, and you have to understand that Jesus Christ is both Divine and Human. Most cults reject that clear teaching of Scripture.

I have said all along that Jesus was both divine and human. Did you neglect to read my posts? "Divine" doesn't mean that he was God, just that he "came directly FROM God." The angels are divine as well. Your "clear" teaching of Scripture is somewhat vague, and conveniently so for you. I do not reject that Jesus was divine and also human.

KingdomRose

Cults love to cherry pick verses, even ignoring verses written by the same author. The dead BODY (dust) is conscious of nothing, but man is more than just a body. He is spirit, soul, and body.

Ecc. 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Ecclesiastes 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.​

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Cults don't accept that man's body is but his temporary covering....the tent in which we reside. Of course tents know not anything once the soul and spirit have departed.

I could say the same for you! You present Eccles.12:7 and yet ignore Eccles.9:5. Wake up. The spirit is simply God's POWER to keep someone alive. It is not a conscious part of a person that goes on living somewhere else. When you understand THAT you can accept Eccles.9:5 and not ignore it.

Man's body is not a "temporary covering" to billions of people who have lived and will live on the earth forever in the future. God made us with physical bodies and that is His will for us, to remain physical people. You have somehow perverted His purposes and teach that He has changed His mind and now wants everybody in heaven!! How foolish. You will be sadly disappointed when you find out that you are going to have to stick with your physical body. How could you be so arrogant as to believe that YOU are one of Jesus' chosen---to rule with him over the earth?

And you continue to say that "dead" does not mean "dead." The person goes on thinking and being conscious somewhere else, according to you. That makes Eccles. 9:5 a laughingstock.

The "spirit" is God's active Force---His power. The "soul" is the entire person, including his body. It can DIE (Ezekiel 18:4). But you don't pay attention to ALL Scripture, do you.

glorydaz

Moses and Elijah were DEAD, and they "appeared" only in VISION. Hello! Do you ignore EVERYTHING that might rock your little boat?

Jesus was dead, too, when He appeared to Saul/Paul on the Damascus Rd.

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

Taking verses out of their context is always a problem for the cults.

They have no more knowledge of the things done under the sun. If you would take the time to read more than just one "proof text" you might have figured that out for yourself. Solomon has more to say....you should look a bit deeper.

Ecclesiastes 4:2
So I considered the dead happier, because they were already dead, than the living, who must still live their lives;​

So your brilliant estimation is that Moses and Elijah weren't really dead and they didn't go to heaven but were....what?....wandering around somewhere? Where???

It's written in the Bible, I don't have to guess like you do. Their bodies were in their graves and they, themselves, were in Abraham's bosom awaiting the resurrection.

glorydaz

I have said all along that Jesus was both divine and human. Did you neglect to read my posts?

I avoid them as much as I can. You are a cult member and have nothing to say that is of any use to anyone.

"Divine" doesn't mean that he was God, just that he "came directly FROM God." The angels are divine as well. Your "clear" teaching of Scripture is somewhat vague, and conveniently so for you. I do not reject that Jesus was divine and also human.

:rotfl:

Divine DOES mean He is God.

Angels are NOT Divine.

glorydaz

I could say the same for you! You present Eccles.12:7 and yet ignore Eccles.9:5. Wake up. The spirit is simply God's POWER to keep someone alive. It is not a conscious part of a person that goes on living somewhere else. When you understand THAT you can accept Eccles.9:5 and not ignore it.

Man's body is not a "temporary covering" to billions of people who have lived and will live on the earth forever in the future.

You may not understand what Scripture plainly teaches. Our bodies will be "put off" when we go to be with the Lord.

2 Peter 1:13-14
Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.​

God made us with physical bodies and that is His will for us, to remain physical people. You have somehow perverted His purposes and teach that He has changed His mind and now wants everybody in heaven!! How foolish. You will be sadly disappointed when you find out that you are going to have to stick with your physical body. How could you be so arrogant as to believe that YOU are one of Jesus' chosen---to rule with him over the earth?

Oh, heaven forbid. I would never want to be one of you JW's. I will be given a new spiritual body, thank you very much.

And you continue to say that "dead" does not mean "dead." The person goes on thinking and being conscious somewhere else, according to you. That makes Eccles. 9:5 a laughingstock.

The "spirit" is God's active Force---His power. The "soul" is the entire person, including his body. It can DIE (Ezekiel 18:4). But you don't pay attention to ALL Scripture, do you.

Actually, I do read all of it. I just understand it, unlike you cultists.

The body returns to the dust...when I am absent from my body, I will be present with the Lord. Then, I will be given a spiritual body at the resurrection of the just.

I don't think you'll be there.....alas.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You may not understand what Scripture plainly teaches. Our bodies will be "put off" when we go to be with the Lord.

Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.​

Oh, heaven forbid. I would never want to be one of you JW's. I will be given a new spiritual body, thank you very much.

The body returns to the dust...when I am absent from my body, I will be present with the Lord. Then, I will be given a spiritual body at the resurrection of the just.

If you want to keep calling the JWs a cult as if that makes you the sole depository of the truth, then keep it up but it fools no one.

You can not be made present with the Lord through your death. It is just as much a false gospel as any other.

At least the JWs go door to door telling people God exists and a future Kingdom is to be enjoyed by those who believe and put off all evil things out of their life.

but you do nothing except bicker every day trying to prove you have the truth and finding fault wherever you can, and condemning them to hell, like all madists.

You need Christ.

LA

glorydaz

If you want to keep calling the JWs a cult as if that makes you the sole depository of the truth, then keep it up but it fools no one.

You can not be made present with the Lord through your death. It is just as much a false gospel as any other.

At least the JWs go door to door telling people God exists and a future Kingdom is to be enjoyed by those who believe and put off all evil things out of their life.

but you do nothing except bicker every day trying to prove you have the truth and finding fault wherever you can, and condemning them to hell, like all madists.

You need Christ.

LA

They don't preach the Gospel....nor do you. All I see you doing is bickering, threatening, and denying Jesus is Lord and God. Obviously you don't listen to Kingdom Rose and her unholy profane mewling....either that or you have no spiritual discernment, which come to think of it......is the case.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They don't preach the Gospel....nor do you. All I see you doing is bickering, threatening, and denying Jesus is Lord and God. Obviously you don't listen to Kingdom Rose and her unholy profane mewling....either that or you have no spiritual discernment, which come to think of it......is the case.

You lie so well.

Did it take a lot of practice or did it come naturally.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did your daddy teach you that, LA? Since bible verses "lie" too... according to you... do you like my signature?... GD is in awesome company with people and books you consider "liars".

Jesus is Gods son.

Get used to it, and stop pretending you are a Trinitarian when you are "jesus only".

LA

glorydaz

Jesus is Gods son.

Get used to it, and stop pretending you are a Trinitarian when you are "jesus only".

LA

Oh dear. LA thinks that "Jesus only" is a horrible thing.

She is clearly denying the Lord Jesus Christ is the ONE TRUE GOD. She just can't succeed in separating God from Himself.

1 Tim. 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

1 Corinthians 9:17-18
For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

Titus 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;​

KingdomRose

Jesus was dead, too, when He appeared to Saul/Paul on the Damascus Rd.

Taking verses out of their context is always a problem for the cults.

They have no more knowledge of the things done under the sun. If you would take the time to read more than just one "proof text" you might have figured that out for yourself. Solomon has more to say....you should look a bit deeper.

Ecclesiastes 4:2
So I considered the dead happier, because they were already dead, than the living, who must still live their lives;​

It's written in the Bible, I don't have to guess like you do. Their bodies were in their graves and they, themselves, were in Abraham's bosom awaiting the resurrection.

OH! Did you get that everybody??? Glorydaz doesn't think that Jesus was resurrected! She denies the resurrection! Hello! GLORYDAZ DENIES THE RESURRECTION!!! She says that Jesus was DEAD when he appeared to Paul. That means he wasn't resurrected. True Christians believe that Jesus was RESURRECTED ON THE THIRD DAY. You have a lot to learn.

How does Eccles.4:2 prove that the dead aren't really dead?

How do you get the idea that Moses and Elijah "themselves" were in "Abraham's bosom"? I haven't seen that one.

KingdomRose

More baloney. You have no idea how silly you sound. But you don't read my posts, so you will never learn something of the truth. Too bad. You do NOT understand anything. You should cease from misleading others with your shallow, brainwashed ideas.

It is sad that you don't understand that there are two eventualities for Christians. You arrogantly suppose that you are one of the small group of Christians that will rule with Christ in heaven. Or will you COME DOWN literally to the earth to rule? Do you know?

The rest of mankind will be right here on Earth enjoying the beauty of God's creations while you are....where? Heaven? On Earth? Explain what it will be like with you ruling the earth.

KingdomRose

She is clearly denying the Lord Jesus Christ is the ONE TRUE GOD. She just can't succeed in separating God from Himself.

1 Tim. 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

1 Corinthians 9:17-18
For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

Titus 1:3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;​

Hey, missy, I Timothy 1:11 refers to JEHOVAH, not Jesus. Poor deluded little girl.

I Corinthians 9:17-18 is referring to the gospel of Christ, which is: "The Good News of the Kingdom of God," which is being preached throughout the whole world. (Matthew 24:14)

Titus 1:3 refers to JEHOVAH as well. Paul accepted the fact that Jehovah, the Father and God of Jesus (John 20:17), was "God our Saviour," and wrote repeatedly of it.

But you will never see that until you stop being so self-righteous.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

You do not know either of them, when all you do is try to find fault and condemn them to hell.

LA