PARADISE ON EARTH---don't we all really want it?

KingdomRose

Are you afraid that if you answer that simple question you are in danger of becoming a Jehovah's Witness? LOL! Your faith must be pretty shaky.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
When someone mentions "heaven" and they describe what it would be like for them, have you noticed that most often they speak of ideal conditions that would be physical, like here on the earth? They say, oh there will be no more sickness and even the lame will be able to romp with their dogs and there will be food enough for everybody, etc., etc.

Why do people think that God wants us to go to heaven to have those things? Why is it so difficult to believe that those things and more will be given to us here on Earth? Doesn't most of the O.T. speak of wonderful conditions here on the earth that humans can eventually have?

Smack this Garbage down! You are missing so much scripture here and missing that the dead in Christ "Go to Heaven"... "Before... THE DAY OF THE LORD" ... which your replacement garbage totally doesn't comprehend!

LOL and have a video... for you "effort"... (Work's based salvation pun)

P.S... Did the 12 Apostles of Jesus that are "still walking the earth" and teaching JW doctrine tell you this?

ROTFL!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It would be great to get comments on these last few posts here....posts #217,218.

"The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, but the earth He has given to the sons of men." (Psalm 115:16, NASB)

Heaven is coming to the earth.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Psa 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Smack this Garbage down! You are missing so much scripture here and missing that the dead in Christ "Go to Heaven"... "Before... THE DAY OF THE LORD" ... which your replacement garbage totally doesn't comprehend!

Only 4 men are recorded in the scriptures as going to Heaven to this time, Enoch, Moses ,Elijah and Jesus.

However only Jesus dwelleth in unapproachable light at this time but the others reflect it 1 Tim 6:16

We who believe and overcome are never shown in scripture to go to Heaven until the resurrection at Christ's return from Heaven and even then only need to travel as far as the clouds.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

You need to pay attention to the words of the Bible instead of parroting the word of the fallen world.

KingdomRose

Only 4 men are recorded in the scriptures as going to Heaven to this time, Enoch, Moses ,Elijah and Jesus.

However only Jesus dwelleth in unapproachable light at this time but the others reflect it 1 Tim 6:16

We who believe and overcome are never shown in scripture to go to Heaven until the resurrection at Christ's return from Heaven and even then only need to travel as far as the clouds.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

You need to pay attention to the words of the Bible instead of parroting the word of the fallen world.
Where does it say that Enoch, Elijah and Moses went to heaven? IT DOESN'T. In fact, the scriptures show us that Elijah was merely TRANSFERRED to another location to continue his prophesying work. (2 Chronicles 21:12-15) The "heaven" he went up into in the chariot was the same heaven that the birds fly in. The same word is used in Genesis for OUR ATMOSPHERE.

There is no reference as to where Enoch was after he died, and the same for Moses.

Jesus tells us at JOHN 3:13 that NO ONE went to heaven before he himself was resurrected and then went back to heaven. Enoch, Moses and Elijah were buried somewhere in the ground, and that is where they remain, waiting for Jesus to resurrect them. (John 5:28)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No you didn't. You just made some surly remark about I'm not going to make any JWs here.

Youre a liar, i posted before that and anyone who knows how to check, can check the number of my posts in this thread. You even responded to me back and forth, but its ok, please continue to lie, so others can see you do it and know what you teach is a cult and a lie also.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
When someone mentions "heaven" and they describe what it would be like for them, have you noticed that most often they speak of ideal conditions that would be physical, like here on the earth? They say, oh there will be no more sickness and even the lame will be able to romp with their dogs and there will be food enough for everybody, etc., etc.

Why do people think that God wants us to go to heaven to have those things? Why is it so difficult to believe that those things and more will be given to us here on Earth? Doesn't most of the O.T. speak of wonderful conditions here on the earth that humans can eventually have?

I'll take the seventy virgin one

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

1 Pt. 3:19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison,

Eph. 4:8 Therefore it says, “When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men.”

Mt. 27:52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised,

1 Thes. 3:13 so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where does it say that Enoch, Elijah and Moses went to heaven? IT DOESN'T. In fact, the scriptures show us that Elijah was merely TRANSFERRED to another location to continue his prophesying work. (2 Chronicles 21:12-15) The "heaven" he went up into in the chariot was the same heaven that the birds fly in. The same word is used in Genesis for OUR ATMOSPHERE.

So you say Gods chariots carried Elijah to the clouds and dumped him out while they continued on to Heaven?

Maybe you think Moses and Elijah reflected Gods Glory from being in the earths atmosphere?

Luk 9:30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
Luk 9:31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

There is no reference as to where Enoch was after he died, and the same for Moses.

So you think the reward for Enoch walking with God is to go into the earths atmosphere?

Moses was taken from the grave by the Angel, and he was seen alive with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration.

Jesus tells us at JOHN 3:13 that NO ONE went to heaven before he himself was resurrected and then went back to heaven. Enoch, Moses and Elijah were buried somewhere in the ground, and that is where they remain, waiting for Jesus to resurrect them. (John 5:28)

No.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It was Christ who preached through Noah, a preacher of righteousness, in his time before the flood.

Jesus was not yet born at that time.

Eph. 4:8 Therefore it says, “When he ascended on high he led a host of captives, and he gave gifts to men.”

Yes after His resurrection and ascension to Heaven.

Mt. 27:52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised,

That verse is a lie.

1 Thes. 3:13 so that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Jesus was saying he would be with Him when He comes into His kingdom in that day, which is the correct answer to the question.

LA

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It was Christ who preached through Noah, a preacher of righteousness, in his time before the flood.

Jesus was not yet born at that time.

Yes after His resurrection and ascension to Heaven.

That verse is a lie.

Jesus was saying he would be with Him when He comes into His kingdom in that day, which is the correct answer to the question.

LA

KingdomRose

It gets monotonous after awhile spoon-feeding babes who have no clue about what they are saying.

I Peter 3:19 refers to Jesus speaking to the demons in their spiritually debased condition, after his resurrection. They had been debased since the days of Noah when they disobeyed & left heaven to cohabit with human women.

Ephesians 4:8 tells us of Jesus' freeing of many spiritually captive people, having given them the hope of eternal life; he also left men on the earth to lead the new Christian congregation. What is YOUR point?

Matt.27:52 can be understood in more than one way, but the most sensible way is that when Jesus died an earthquake opened the graves of many dead people and their bodies were thrown up out of the tombs. No dead person was resurrected yet, because Jesus had stopped doing it, and his followers had not yet received the Holy Spirit from Jesus after he returned to heaven. You're pretty numb if you think anyone there was actually brought back to life. Whenever that happened, either Jesus or, later, one of his Apostles had to be doing it. So what's your point?

I Thess.3:13 refers to Armageddon, when all of Jesus' co-rulers come with him to get rid of the wicked.

Luke 23:43.....NO PUNCTUATION IN GREEK, so the English comma just might be AFTER "today." It must be, because Jesus did not go anywhere that day. He was DEAD for three days, and then he stayed on the earth for 40 more days.

Do some more research before you put your foot in your mouth.

KingdomRose

So you say Gods chariots carried Elijah to the clouds and dumped him out while they continued on to Heaven?

Maybe you think Moses and Elijah reflected Gods Glory from being in the earths atmosphere?

Luk 9:30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
Luk 9:31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

So you think the reward for Enoch walking with God is to go into the earths atmosphere?

Moses was taken from the grave by the Angel, and he was seen alive with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration.

No.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

LA

No, God's chariot didn't dump Elijah out and continue on to heaven. He must've landed in another part of the territory and eased himself out of the chariot.

I don't understand your snide comment on Moses and Elijah. They were not ACTUALLY there....what Peter, James and John saw was a VISION, not actual people.

"As they were descending from the mountain, Jesus commanded them: 'Tell THE VISION to no one until the Son of man is raised up from the dead." (Luke 17:9)

I didn't say anything about Enoch going anywhere. The Bible doesn't say where his body went.

Moses wasn't seen "alive" after his death. During the Transfiguration Peter and the others saw a VISION.

YES.

Matthew 24 refers to the end times, when Jesus comes back at Armageddon to get rid of the wicked. He will bring with him his co-rulers, the 144,000, who will have been resurrected to heaven before the Great Tribulation. Their resurrection is called "the FIRST resurrection." Then there is the resurrection for everyone else, during the Thousand-Year Reign.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, God's chariot didn't dump Elijah out and continue on to heaven. He must've landed in another part of the territory and eased himself out of the chariot.

I don't understand your snide comment on Moses and Elijah. They were not ACTUALLY there....what Peter, James and John saw was a VISION, not actual people.

"As they were descending from the mountain, Jesus commanded them: 'Tell THE VISION to no one until the Son of man is raised up from the dead." (Luke 17:9)

I didn't say anything about Enoch going anywhere. The Bible doesn't say where his body went.

Moses wasn't seen "alive" after his death. During the Transfiguration Peter and the others saw a VISION.

YES.

Matthew 24 refers to the end times, when Jesus comes back at Armageddon to get rid of the wicked. He will bring with him his co-rulers, the 144,000, who will have been resurrected to heaven before the Great Tribulation. Their resurrection is called "the FIRST resurrection." Then there is the resurrection for everyone else, during the Thousand-Year Reign.

So you say Jesus was not talking to Moses and Elijah.

Mat 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

glorydaz

Clearly, you don't understand that the vision WAS INDEED the REAL Moses and Elijah. Just as the Lord appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus, Moses and Elijah appeared to Peter, James and John.