ECT Our triune God

Surnaturel

What? You are arguing that a progressive revelation of God's Word has continued past......... lets say, the 16th century?

If you allow for a "progressive revelation" to occur in the 16th century then there would be no logical reason to deny it a few centuries later.

Pierac

[/B]
That is rationalizing truth, rationalizing scripture. I do rationalize a bit when I say I have yet to find a godly arian, but that's not why I reject your ideas. I reject your ideas because it is just and exactly like you are taking a black crayon and scribbling "my Lord and my God," "because you, a mere man claim to be God," "was God and was with God," out of your bible. Everything you say doesn't account for those at all, just exactly like you scribbled them out of your Bible.

Let's see who's scribbled out of their Bible... and it's not Keypurr... :think:

Old Testament Prophesies Showing the Messiah has a GOD
Psalm 89:26-28 - "He (the Messiah) shall say of me. "You are my father, my God, my rock, my savior". And I will make him the firstborn."

Micah 5:3-4 - "He (the Messiah) shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD, in the Majestic name of the LORD, his God."

Psalm 22:10-11 - "To you I was committed at birth. From my mother’s womb you are my God."

Jesus saying He has a GOD

John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Apostles teaching Jesus has a GOD!

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."

Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John:
Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

When one reads the above verses, there is one thing that is a fact. That Jesus Christ has a God. Jesus speaks of his God, Peter Paul and John mention the God of Jesus Christ. So why do you scribbled out all these verses...

Remember...
Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD... there is no God but me." Yet, JESUS HAS A GOD! ;)

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

dreadknought

Ah, the self proclaimed scholar and intellectual has weighed in......... in an exclusively Christian forum.

Somebody surely has to define this thing, erm forum. :plain:

keypurr

What? You are arguing that a progressive revelation of God's Word has continued past......... lets say, the 16th century?

That is what I wrote. that is what I meant.

Man has a better understanding of scripture today than they did in the 16th century. There, I said it again.

Apple7

Yep, but they love me anyway. Like you should do to those who disagree.

My new iPad arrives soon, maybe it got some Greek stuff on it so I can be like you and Lon. On second thought, I don't want to be like that. I would rather be me.

Perhaps your family can put you back on the right path before your time is up...

Lon

[/b]

Paul
Why would I want to listen to you? Can cursing and praise come from the same tongue?

You are banal/fleshly. I'll have a very hard time listening to anything you say from now on.

keypurr

You told the Lutheran pastor that too?

Wouldn't they 'have' too being family and all? But you are telling me (us) that they don't agree with you either? Why in the world aren't you listening to them either?

I'd love if you could read Greek. You'd very quickly realize what scripture has been saying all along that you didn't get.

"Free-thinkers" scares me a bit. The Samaritans were free-thinkers. Jesus told them Spirit and Truth. Free-thinking isn't Truth. I'm a truth thinker. I am free to listen and believe what He says and nothing else.

When I was a child, I thought like a child, believed everything I was told. Even waited for Santa to come. But then I grew up.

I question if you did. For your hanging on to fables because you do not have the courage to seek God on your own. Let some one else do it for you if you wish. Use your wisdom to bring me into your light if you can.

Apple7

Jesus is my Lord. But he is not my God. I have the same God that Jesus has. And I do not have to speak in Greek to talk to him. He is just great, you should meet him some day, oh, you will meet him some day. I am a Lone Ranger. And I like it that way. I only have to answer to my God. Speaking of reading, I would go back to your school and ask for your money back for you just do not understand what I have been posting.

Jesus is the God you must answer to, brother.

If you fail to do this, then the only time that you will ever meet Him is just before you are sent into the Lake of Fire.

Apple7

Thank you friend because the very last thing I want to be is a orthodox Christian for they have distorted truth, changed manuscripts and even killed those who opposed them. Jesus is Lord, and God says to worship him. So I do, after all GOD made him Lord of ALL creation. God made him to be like God, BUT he is not God. You have a hard time seeing that. Your stuck in that rut GR, there is only one God, and Jesus has one so he is not God. He is Lord. Big difference. Think about what He said: "My father is greater than all"

How many times do we have to keep going over the same exact things with you, brother?

You are like a 76 year old broken record...

keypurr

That is rationalizing truth, rationalizing scripture. I do rationalize a bit when I say I have yet to find a godly arian, but that's not why I reject your ideas. I reject your ideas because it is just and exactly like you are taking a black crayon and scribbling "my Lord and my God," "because you, a mere man claim to be God," "was God and was with God," out of your bible. Everything you say doesn't account for those at all, just exactly like you scribbled them out of your Bible.

The Jews did not listen to him either, he never said he was God.
He said he was the Son of God, they assume just like you do.

John 8:40 But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Acts 17:31: "Because He has established a day on which He will judge the world with justice through a man he has appointed, and He has provided confirmation for all by raising him from the dead."
See that Lon, a man who he appointed?

Now read this slowly:
1Co 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by (dia 'on account of') whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Did you see that. ONE GOD AND ONE LORD?

I do not know Greek, but the folks who translated my 20 different Bibles did. So I do not need to know Greek or Hebrew. And my English is treated me OK for 76 years.

Apple7

[/B]

Old Testament Prophesies Showing the Messiah has a GOD
Psalm 89:26-28 - "He (the Messiah) shall say of me. "You are my father, my God, my rock, my savior". And I will make him the firstborn."

Micah 5:3-4 - "He (the Messiah) shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD, in the Majestic name of the LORD, his God."

Psalm 22:10-11 - "To you I was committed at birth. From my mother’s womb you are my God."

Jesus saying He has a GOD

John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Apostles teaching Jesus has a GOD!

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."

Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John:
Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

When one reads the above verses, there is one thing that is a fact. That Jesus Christ has a God. Jesus speaks of his God, Peter Paul and John mention the God of Jesus Christ. So why do you scribbled out all these verses...

Remember...
Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD... there is no God but me." Yet, JESUS HAS A GOD! ;)

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

How many times do we have to reply to your slavishly reposted assertions before you recant, brother?

Broken record...

dreadknought

Ever read about a little book being opened near the end time?
I think it is in Daniel.
Computers today has man to go many places friend, even deep into scripture.
Ever listened to called teachers, without computers, who've rightfully exposited Daniel with Antiochus Epiphnes, the last of your "end time".

keypurr

Ah, the self proclaimed scholar and intellectual has weighed in......... in an exclusively Christian forum.

The door is always open if you want to leave. But I welcome your thoughts if you wish to share. Just don't look down on folks like Lon does. He does not realize one can learn without going to college. One can formulate his own opinion on what it being said in scripture. And, that is OK to disagree in a friendly manner without down grading people.

keypurr

The door is always open if you want to leave. But I welcome your thoughts if you wish to share. Just don't look down on folks like Lon does. He does not realize one can learn without going to college. One can formulate his own opinion on what it being said in scripture. And, that is OK to disagree in a friendly manner without downgrading people. We are all really students here.

Apple7

The Jews did not listen to him either, he never said he was God.
He said he was the Son of God, they assume just like you do.

John 8:40 But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Acts 17:31: "Because He has established a day on which He will judge the world with justice through a man he has appointed, and He has provided confirmation for all by raising him from the dead."
See that Lon, a man who he appointed?

Now read this slowly:
1Co 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by (dia 'on account of') whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Did you see that. ONE GOD AND ONE LORD?

I do not know Greek, but the folks who translated my 20 different Bibles did. So I do not need to know Greek or Hebrew. And my English is treated me OK for 76 years.

Please explain in detail exactly how any of your Trinitarian rendered passages supposedly thwarts the Trinity.

Did you know that the Trinity already represents these scriptures?

Wake up, pops...