ECT Our triune God

sholom

There is only one God.

Why do you keep insisting that there are more?

Since you have taken this position, then you must scripturally prove that there is more than one God.

Good luck...

They did!

Why don't you try reading the OT, brother...!

I already showed you the relation in the Shema.

The Trinity has its genesis in Genesis.

Show me one scripture which states that God is a monad.

Why did the Jews keep resorting to making idols and worshiping them?

Why did God have to constantly chastize them for doing this?

Come on, brother...

Your words...how can we disagree?

WhAAA HAAA!!!

Mom, I shot him. I KILLED him.

And he wouldn't fall down. Make him play right, mommy.

Smucken bestrucken, Apple. Git yore face to the dirt.
You are defeated. Go down ya little hippy.

keypurr

You have a hard time saying it? Probably me too but I am thinking it. It would seem we haven't a lot of esteem for one another. I come from a place where the educated in every other area does better than the none educated. You think there is an exception. You make far too many comments for me to believe you don't despise education, especially when it comes to theology where somebody more educated than you could steer you back in the right direction.
Just admit it to me and yourself. You are happy with yourself right now whether you are right or wrong. In fact, you are so happy you don't care. It feels right and that's simply enough for you. Admit it at least to yourself. You don't have to admit it to me at all.

Just for the record Lon, I helped put two kids through college and they are both teachers. And my grandson is a computer programmer, I helped him too. My youngest grandson is in the highest honors in HS. His averages are all in the nineties. Plus he is going for his Eagle Scout, and is playing on the HS basketball team. Education is VERY important to my family. I just was not given the opportunity to get it for myself. But I did just fine. God likes me Lon, he has given me a great understanding of himself . Your wrong again Lon, I do not despise you or any other person, educated or not, they are God's people. I do wish I had more education but I would not trade my faith for it.
Peace

Lon

Hi Lon,

Do you understand that God spoke and everything came to be?

The WORD/logos is not a separate person, friend.

God SPOKE, and it was done:

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Gen 1:6 ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which [were] under the firmament from the waters which [were] above the firmament: and it was so.

Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Gen 1:9 ¶ And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry [land] appear: and it was so.

ETC...when God SPOKE, the creation came into being...God's WORD was with HIM..from the beginning.

Ps 33:9 For he spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast.

There is no such thing as three persons, called God.

There is ONE God who spoke via the WORD, and it was done.
This is modalism. Tell me this, when Jesus prayed, who was He talking to? When He said He had a Father, who was He talking about?

I've less problem with modalism than those who deny Christ's divinity but it is still problematic in how it doesn't take Jesus' words as seriously as need be.

There is only one God.

There is only one sheep, Dolly, yet she exists as two entities. Both are her. She is the only one (Dolly the sheep) there is or will be, yet she was cloned from parts of herself and now there are two of her (not hers or they). If you don't understand that, there is still only one Dolly the sheep.

There is only one God.

Lon

Just for the record Lon, I helped put two kids through college and they are both teachers. And my grandson is a computer programmer, I helped him too. My youngest grandson is in the highest honors in HS. His averages are all in the nineties. Plus he is going for his Eagle Scout, and is playing on the HS basketball team. Education is VERY important to my family. I just was not given the opportunity to get it for myself. But I did just fine. God likes me Lon, he has given me a great understanding of himself . Your wrong again Lon, I do not despise you or any other person, educated or not, they are God's people. I do wish I had more education but I would not trade my faith for it.
Peace
I believe you've traded your faith for lack of it (education).
Do all your kids and grandkids agree with you on these scriptures?

Get out of that cult and get them out.

There is no way, other than being raised in a cult and loving it/being 'comfortable' with it, that you can dismiss that Jesus is Lord and God in John 20:28. Anybody reading Greek knows this. Anybody who can't read it, is following somebody else who can't and is unfortunately, raised believing somebody else who can't read Greek. You have to be duped into this kind of poor theology/ poor education.

Lon

I called no one a homo. Where did you get that from?
Google a couple of them. Boychick, Hairman, Chongo, etc. They each come up this way in South America.

I am sorry. 'Lon' sounds well, less exciting....
Just be careful. That's why we have to avoid even the appearance of something not good. Nicknames have a way of doing that. It is better to choose terms people know and recognize.

Not if v. 1-3 in John 1 are not YET referring to Jesus at all.
The problem there is, when then, did the Logos become flesh? We can ask questions, it is answering them wrong that gets us into trouble. In theology, at least, some questions are best left as questions because they are really questions from us for God, not questions we are asking one another to answer. Who would be so presumptuous as to answer for God? This is primarily the why there is a problem with modalism or arianism being cults. They presume too much and purposefully tread on what we view as God's ground alone. Only He can answer these questions for us and for reason of His own good purpose, He hasn't explained everything in perfect detail to us. Leave questions questions and we wouldn't have such a problem Mormons and JW's and other cults insist Jesus was only a man because their doctrine demands it. They dictate to God who He must be rather than God dictating Himself.

There you go again. Hairless MONKEY? Why, Lonnyboy I've not called you that for two posts, actually EVER. I said be good, and I WON'T.
You are not being good, Lonnyboy.
And what does a hairless monkey have to do with a homosexual?
Are you projecting here? What is your sensual affiliation anyway?
Never mind. I don't really want to know. Too much information.
What? What does 'were they all mean?' All polytheist, or all monotheist? You are not being perspicuous here, hairlessmano.
(Oh, I get it. The lack of hair on your head, I've all along been referring to as parallel to your sexual affiliation. Good inference, chochem).
No, I just said at the best, an internet search turned up "monkey."
There were a lot worse things I didn't bother mentioning here. We've covered this enough, I'm just trying to get you to realize that some nicknames don't transfer across the water very well. A lot of these nicknames aren't turning up in too good of a light.

The two Lords in Psalms 110 prove that Jesus is NOT GOD. Because
the YHWH was always our LORD before. Now the Son is added.
David is saying YHWH my former LORD says to JESUS my present
(in prophetic mode, of course) LORD (adoni, singular) ....

Simple. Easy. Clear. Plain. Even a child could understand.
But are you and the child right?

EERR. This is what YOU are doing hairlessmano. Adding to scripture with your incarnation meaning of LOGOS. LOGOS has ALWAYS meant for the Jew the spoken WORD which made the heavens and the earth.
That's at least the second step of assumption from scripture. The first must and has to be "what does John mean by logos?"

So now how did this metaphor come to mean Jesus? And how do these 2 mutually exclusive meanings come together? How are they even remotely compatible? Herr NOT, hairlessmano.
I DO know a little German :)
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his(αὐτοῦ),
glory. So yes, "How is this remotely compatible" I agree.

Just eliminate the last two words and I would agree.
Except I said that's what this thread is about.

I know you don't want to answer it. Becuz you CAN'T, rasta.
Doesn't matter if we are in the same boat. If we aren't, this is special pleading that God has 'given you' the answer.

God gave you the Shema in Deut 6. Follow HIM. NOT some inference you made about Thomas. God commanded you. It is your FIRST
COMMAND hairlessbreath.
Yes, but I've already mentioned this:
Those are both her.
Though each are called sometimes different names,
they are the same and there is only one, but she
appears as two.
There is no other. Unlike God, there are other's like her, but
we are not discussing those, just the one that exists as one and yet two at the same time.
One is first and one is second though they are both the same being.
Those are both her.
Though each are called sometimes different names,
they are the same and there is only one, but she
appears as two.
There is no other. Unlike God, there are other's like her, but
we are not discussing those, just the one that exists as one and yet two at the same time.
One is first and one is second though they are both the same being.

Now, before you say "no," I've accurately described a being that truly does exist. I'm not saying that this is how God exists to us, I'm simply saying that even if I cannot put the pieces together above, I can believe the statements even though they seem contradictory. I assure you they are not. All statements, and more like them, explain a singular entity that truly exists, yet that entity resides in two different individuals/manifestations or what language can suffice to say meaningfully: There are two in certain aspects though there has ever been just one and the second is the same material/essence of the first yet exists as if there were two, but the two are indeed both the same individual. The two can talk to each other though they are the same one, at the same time. Very confusing, but wholly true regardless. Facts cannot lie. Everything given is fact.

No, now don't try to weasel out. I put you in a logistical corner, one which neither of you can't paint yourselves out of. AND claimed checkmate.
Really? Do you really see this as checkmate? You seem a bit beyond such trivialities. Just say "check" and move along. Wait for the game to be over before declaring.... You simply asked about what Jews believed here. I told you straight up that those who are accepting Him these days are also declaring Him to be God. In my mind, this is greatly damaging to your so-called dilemma. It certainly looks like you aren't wanting dialogue, just a win. We always thought the other team was afraid to play us, didn't like the weather, or had something good for dinner waiting, when they tried calling an unfinished game early.

NOW who is becoming incomprehensible? I am archiving your DOLLY
theorem of theology, Lon. This is classic. Simply classic.
Apple looky here. INCOMPREHENSIBLE.
Hasn't the Catholic Church said the same thing exactly about the trinity? That it is a mystery?
I must be a bit sharper or something because I can follow the logic just fine. I can't tell you how many sheep there are because it is a bit confusing on who is who, but I know what I'm looking at and know I'm describing her accurately. If you can't comprehend, I can't 'dumb' it down for your. I assessed, at first, you'd have no problem whatsoever grasping the idea.

No, I am adhering to the strict text of that which cannot be broken.
The written Word of God. Are you going to now say that the written WORD

IS JESUS TOO? Woo hoo. ROFL.
Er...check...

You are NOT monotheist. MONOTHEIST means one God, hairy.
Yep. So tell me. Is Dolly one sheep? Yes or no?
No sqirming or wiggling now. You can laugh or engage the discussion. I'll take laughter as nervousness or concession.

No, now listen up. The Gentile monolithic paradigms of paganism raised up their irrational rational constructs in the fourth century.
This resulted first in Jesus becoming God, second the second hypostasis of the Godhead.
No? Just No? You can accuse anybody of anything and I do when I say a symbol of Jesus is on top of my place of worship and not on the cult's. It is true, but that's not an argument. You can't say they made Jesus God any more than I make Him God. Jesus is who He is and if this is all you've got against Him being God, your queen is taken and your king is in trouble. Check...

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Simple question: Who taught you this?
Jesus!

Did you fall under the teachings of men first, or did you read through the bible on your own first?

I have been listening to my bible daily.

So tell me the name, who are you following?

Jesus, and I dont believe you are following Jesus because I know what Jesus teaches and commands. It is all in my heart.

I highly doubt this. I didn't believe much the church I attended taught. I had to be a Berean because that church was more of a religious liberal social club. They didn't really do much with the scriptures but read them liturgically. If they weren't teaching me, who was? Is it just coincidence that I happen to agree with the majority of Christianity about this?
I don't think so, but you go ahead and believe what brings you comfort.
I don't care if I am wrong as long as He is right. I've been over and over this conversation and have found you are wrong. Look at just the gross mouth of a couple of your cohorts on here this week.

You are one very typical churchgoer, by your posts.

I haven't much of a clue what you are talking about here. I'd be left to guessing to try and answer.

Do you attend church? Which denomination? let's go from there.

Lon

▲ ▲
Jesus, and I dont believe you are following Jesus because I know what Jesus teaches and commands. It is all in my heart.
How? Who's version? "All in my heart" sounds a bit "Mormon" and touchy-feely to me. I'm looking for a much more imperical answer.

You are one very typical churchgoer, by your posts.
That's a TERRIFIC compliment. I didn't think they'd be able to explain it so well. That's good good news!
Do you attend church? Which denomination? let's go from there.
It was UMC growing up. SBC.

Apple7

Peace

Sounds like your family is smart enough to know that pops is off his rocker.:)

keypurr

Sounds like your family is smart enough to know that pops is off his rocker.:)

Yep, but they love me anyway. Like you should do to those who disagree.

My new iPad arrives soon, maybe it got some Greek stuff on it so I can be like you and Lon. On second thought, I don't want to be like that. I would rather be me.

keypurr

I believe you've traded your faith for lack of it (education).
Do all your kids and grandkids agree with you on these scriptures?

Get out of that cult and get them out.

There is no way, other than being raised in a cult and loving it/being 'comfortable' with it, that you can dismiss that Jesus is Lord and God in John 20:28. Anybody reading Greek knows this. Anybody who can't read it, is following somebody else who can't and is unfortunately, raised believing somebody else who can't read Greek. You have to be duped into this kind of poor theology/ poor education.

They were brought up Lutheran. But now they are free thinkers like me.

Jesus is my Lord. But he is not my God. I have the same God that Jesus has. And I do not have to speak in Greek to talk to him. He is just great, you should meet him some day, oh, you will meet him some day. I am a Lone Ranger. And I like it that way. I only have to answer to my God. Speaking of reading, I would go back to your school and ask for your money back for you just do not understand what I have been posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Jesus is my Lord. But he is not my God. I have the same God that Jesus has. And I do not have to speak in Greek to talk to him. He is just great, you should meet him some day, oh, you will meet him some day. I am a Lone Ranger. And I like it that way. I only have to answer to my God. Speaking of reading, I would go back to your school and ask for your money back for you just do not understand what I have been posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Only true Christians can confess Jn. 20:28 with Thomas. Jesus called him blessed for His worship (same phrase is used by Psalmist of YHWH in LXX). Since you cannot affirm Jn. 1:1; Jn. 20:28, you are outside of biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity.

keypurr

Only true Christians can confess Jn. 20:28 with Thomas. Jesus called him blessed for His worship (same phrase is used by Psalmist of YHWH in LXX). Since you cannot affirm Jn. 1:1; Jn. 20:28, you are outside of biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity.

Thank you friend because the very last thing I want to be is a orthodox Christian for they have distorted truth, changed manuscripts and even killed those who opposed them. Jesus is Lord, and God says to worship him. So I do, after all GOD made him Lord of ALL creation. God made him to be like God, BUT he is not God. You have a hard time seeing that. Your stuck in that rut GR, there is only one God, and Jesus has one so he is not God. He is Lord. Big difference. Think about what He said: "My father is greater than all"

Lon

You told the Lutheran pastor that too?
Yep, but they love me anyway. Like you should do to those who disagree.
Wouldn't they 'have' too being family and all? But you are telling me (us) that they don't agree with you either? Why in the world aren't you listening to them either?
My new iPad arrives soon, maybe it got some Greek stuff on it so I can be like you and Lon. On second thought, I don't want to be like that. I would rather be me.
I'd love if you could read Greek. You'd very quickly realize what scripture has been saying all along that you didn't get.

"Free-thinkers" scares me a bit. The Samaritans were free-thinkers. Jesus told them Spirit and Truth. Free-thinking isn't Truth. I'm a truth thinker. I am free to listen and believe what He says and nothing else.

There is no such thing as a "lone ranger" Christian, [n]or private interpretation of the Scriptures. :mmph:

Lon

True, but they are both wrong. They are still in the 16th century. They did not progress when Luther died.
Technically, you didn't. The church condemned what you believe (and not just the RC) that first century. They weren't even burning them at the stake at that point in time, those guys just died out.

Lon

Think about what He said: "My father is greater than all"
That is rationalizing truth, rationalizing scripture. I do rationalize a bit when I say I have yet to find a godly arian, but that's not why I reject your ideas. I reject your ideas because it is just and exactly like you are taking a black crayon and scribbling "my Lord and my God," "because you, a mere man claim to be God," "was God and was with God," out of your bible. Everything you say doesn't account for those at all, just exactly like you scribbled them out of your Bible.