OSAS is the swindle of the century!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have a choice to accept Jesus in this life. To not do so is a denial.

We don't choose God, he chooses us. No one comes to Christ unless the Father draws him to Christ.

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.
(1 Corinthians 1:26 NKJV)​

heir

TOL Subscriber
You misunderstand, I do believe Paul's teachings are not required for salvation. Why? Because God saved people for four thousand years before Paul.
No, you misunderstand. In Paul first, Jesus Christ shewed forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter (hereafter Paul's salvation) believe on Him to life everlasting.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul was saved by the gospel he declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV and it is the only gospel that will save you!

heir

TOL Subscriber
We don't choose God, he chooses us. No one comes to Christ unless the Father draws him to Christ.

For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.
(1 Corinthians 1:26 NKJV)​
Those which were called at that time were Jews and Greeks

1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Today, God is calling "all men"

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

God will save anyone, anywhere no matter what they were doing while they were there, including you. It's due time you trust the Lord believing the gospel that is the power of God to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
What I'm getting at is that people can't be judged until their sins are paid. Then they are judged.

The wages were paid.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Why don't you believe it?

bsmitts

Why do people have to work out their own salvation with reverence if they are already saved forever?

I could ignorantly say that this verse, which it doesn't, says we aren't saved unless we "WORk" it out with fear and trembling. works! That's just how easily scripture can be taken out of context.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I could ignorantly say that this verse, which it doesn't, says we aren't saved unless we "WORk" it out with fear and trembling. works! That's just how easily scripture can be taken out of context.

We are saved by grace through faith but rewarded according to our works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)

heir

TOL Subscriber
The wages were paid for whom?
the world!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Unbelievers don't accept Jesus' payment for sin, they will pay their own debt.
The sin debt was paid for the world whether the world believes it or not! Those who aren't saved having never received the love of the truth that they could be saved, God shall send strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV). They will will be judged according to their works!

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the world!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The sin debt was paid for the world whether the world believes it or not! Those who aren't saved having never received the love of the truth that they could be saved, God shall send strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV). They will will be judged according to their works!

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Great - first post of the year !!!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Sounds like we are being offered a new one true religion.
The offer is salvation by grace through the faith and work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). Receive it by faith and be saved believing that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

False Prophet

3 I passed on to you what I received, of which this was most important: that Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures say; 4 that he was buried and was raised to life on the third day as the Scriptures say; 5 and that he was seen by Peter and then by the twelve apostles. 6 After that, Jesus was seen by more than five hundred of the believers at the same time. Most of them are still living today, but some have died. 7 Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. 8 Last of all he was seen by me— 1 cor 15

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I've posted in this thread more than a few times. I post when I want and if I want. You opened a thread that denies the eternal security of the believer today and I cited scripture from our apostle that proves that those who have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), are indeed secure (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). And of course our salvation is secure. It is based entirely upon what the Lord did and not what we do or don't do (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). In order for you to even have an argument you'd have to show from Romans through Philemon where one who is saved and identified into the Body of Christ can be uncrucified, unburied, unrisen with Christ.

Ok I finally see where you are coming from. It took a while what with the verse selection. Your verse selection is great

IF

You were arguing pro-Calvin. But you are arguing pro-OSAS. Here is an example of why I misunderstood you-

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

That is your I Cor. 15 passage. Your very first one has an 'IF' clause in verse 2.

My question is-

Why are you using a passage that contains an 'if' clause since the clause terminates the surety?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Who said they were saved?

And what would you say about them if the lying episode never took place?

Here is what OSAS would say to them

"You can't lose your salvation no matter what."

Raven your reasoning is faulty.

"Circular reasoning (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with. The components of a circular argument are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true."

First you say that OSAS is true. Then you paint everything with that brush. Life doesn't work that way.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And what would you say about them if the lying episode never took place?

Here is what OSAS would say to them

"You can't lose your salvation no matter what."

Raven your reasoning is faulty.

"Circular reasoning (Latin: circulus in probando, "circle in proving"; also known as circular logic) is a logical fallacy in which the reasoner begins with what they are trying to end with. The components of a circular argument are often logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true."

First you say that OSAS is true. Then you paint everything with that brush. Life doesn't work that way.

I'm afraid you're a wee bit dimwitted.