OSAS is the swindle of the century!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
OSAS enslaves you to sin by telling you that you can sin with impunity.

OSAS turns your children into rebels.

OSAS promotes laziness.

It promotes gluttony and drunkenness.

It does this by focusing on individual rights.

So, you'd rather try working yourself into Heaven huh? Do you
drink or overeat at times or are you pure as the driven snow?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
what you believe about what he preached.

I don't have a problem with what Paul preached, but I said what he preached is not required for salvation by grace through faith toward God.

You seem to me to believe that salvation is by knowledge of Paul's gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey Dialm, watch what you eat tonight. Don't over do it. Don't sit there
and watch Cable tonight. Instead, clean your house, do the wash, paint
your house, milk the cow, feed the chickens and slop the hogs. Otherwise,
they'll call you lazy.

Daniel1769

Not just from Romans to Philemon...I defy anyone to show me a single person in the entire Bible that worked their way to heaven or lost their salvation. Salvation has ALWAYS been by grace alone through faith alone in the Lord alone. Because it is not earned by works, it cannot be lost by works. This is true from Genesis to Revelation. This idea that people were saved by works in the OT is anathema.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't have a problem with what Paul preached, but I said what he preached is not required for salvation by grace through faith toward God.
You said

Paul's teachings are not essential for salvation, but it is some nice to know stuff for the curious.
The very gospel that Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). You can't be saved and sealed unless you trust the Lord after hearing and believing it (Romans 10:17, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) and since you don't believe "Paul's teachings" are "not required for salvation" you fall into the believe not category (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) and have disqualified yourself from speaking about salvation.

You seem to me to believe that salvation is by knowledge of Paul's gospel.
Our salvation is trusting the Lord believing an event took place in our place. Our salvation is by grace though the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). His faith and work is the why of the cross; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is the gospel that Paul received by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) that was before a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) and is the only good news that will establish you (Romans 1:11 KJV, Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 3:2 KJV).

Get saved by trusting the Lord believing IT!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because it is not earned by works, it cannot be lost by works.

Ananias and Sapphira haven't necessarily lost their salvation but it has been deferred to the second resurrection. They were not spiritually mature when they died.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...since you don't believe "Paul's teachings" are "not required for salvation"...

You misunderstand, I do believe Paul's teachings are not required for salvation. Why? Because God saved people for four thousand years before Paul.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said the secrets of men will be judged by his Gospel.

...in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. (Romans 2:16 NKJV)​

Keeping in mind that a person must die before they are judged.

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment. (Hebrews 9:27 NKJV)​

Paul taught his gospel from the Hebrew Bible. Is that what you do?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
...in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. (Romans 2:16 NKJV)​

Keeping in mind that a person must die before they are judged.

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment. (Hebrews 9:27 NKJV)​

Paul taught his gospel from the Hebrew Bible. Is that what you do?

I don't understand what you're getting at?