ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus speaks to his disciples today what they should do or not do, to believe or not believe from the Bible when they seek Him.

You would have a hard time in Job.

Pro 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Pro 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
Pro 1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
Pro 1:4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
Pro 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
Pro 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

LA

As usual, you missed the respective participant's arguments. Thanks for weighing in, with your "spam any verse and see if it sticks" MO. But sit down.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul's "my gospel" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ( Romans 1:16-17 KJV although no longer to the Jew first, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV) for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). That's the standard for heaven, Nang: the righteousness of God. Do you have it upon you?

Yes, it has been imputed to my account before God through the accomplishments of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Even though I believe in only one gospel (that promised His coming) proclaimed since the garden, which you do not believe.

Is the righteousness of God, upon Abel, Seth, Noah, Job, Moses, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, David, and the O.T. prophets?

If so, how so? If not, why not?

musterion

Yes, it has been imputed to my account before God through the accomplishments of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Now tell the truth...it was as good as accounted to you in eternity past when you were (presumably, you hope) elected.

Right?

dreadknought

Paul's "my gospel" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ( Romans 1:16-17 KJV although no longer to the Jew first, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV) for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). That's the standard for heaven, Nang: the righteousness of God. Do you have it upon you?
Yet, outside of the context of John 316, in context......... oh oh.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I argue that the gospel proclaimed today is no different than it was proclaimed in the garden.

There is no such thing as a N.T. "my" gospel of Paul, that supposedly differs from the eternal covenant promises of God, given throughout time, to His children all redeemed by His grace.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Now tell the truth...it was as good as accounted to you in eternity past when you were (presumably, you hope) elected.

Right?

My Justification was worked in the fullness of time, on the cross, by the Incarnate Jesus, according to eternal decree.

However, "Eternal Justification" is not correct teaching, for the blood offering necessarily had to happen in flesh in the fullness of time by a real Man, to atone for the sins of his human brethren.

IOW's, the decree required manifestation (creation) in order to work reconciliation between the Creator and His creatures (just as elimination of all wickedness required the creation, manifestation, and elimination of Satan and his minions in time.)

Deep theodicy, this . . .

john w

Hall of Fame
I argue that the gospel proclaimed today is no different than it was proclaimed in the garden.

There is no such thing as a N.T. "my" gospel of Paul, that supposedly differs from the eternal covenant promises of God, given throughout time, to His children all redeemed by His grace.

No scripture "ties" the gospel of Christ, the good news, as contained in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, with any "covenant promises of God"-you made that up, winged it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
vs.

I do not practice sin, for I am indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God, and am enabled to choose to walk according to His Spirit, and not my flesh. When I stumble or fail to do so, I have the intercession of the Spirit and my High Priest in heaven, Jesus Christ, to whom I can confess and be continually cleansed from all unrighteousness.
The walking contradiction, is Nang.

You either have it or you don't. By the looks of it, you don't have it because you don't believe. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Romans 3:21-22 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
vs.

The walking contradiction, is Nang.

You either have it or you don't. By the looks of it, you don't have it because you don't believe. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV Romans 3:21-22 KJV

Correct, heir-ness. She assumes all of the book is about her, specfically, is written to her, and thus does not believe that Christ died for her sins, forgiving all of her tresspasses:

"When I stumble or fail to do so, I have the intercession of the Spirit and my High Priest in heaven, Jesus Christ, to whom I can confess and be continually cleansed from all unrighteousness."-nasty Naggie

What sin/sins? The righteousness of God.