ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Forget the insult, just deal with what you said. I know, you can't. Your stubborn pride won't allow it.

1. You have emphatically stated that the evidence that someone is saved is if they act holy as Christ is holy.

2. You claim that Paul practiced evil

This means that you believe Paul was not saved.

It is impossible to draw any other conclusion.

Case closed.

Bah!

I won't hold my breath . . .

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'd appreciate a citation from Paul showing where the Law is written anew in the hearts of believers.

Are you asking for Paul because of dispensationalism?

There is Heb 10:16
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Some say that Paul wrote Hebrews. :D

musterion

Are you asking for Paul because of dispensationalism?

Nope. I'm asking because I don't see where he said it at all.

There is Heb 10:16
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

a. In context, who is "them"?
b. In context, when is "after those days"?

Some say that Paul wrote Hebrews. :D

Not to me, he didn't.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It means that God is holy and perfect, and whatever holy and perfect is, God is it, and we can only be it, if he makes us it. Heb 10:14

When Jesus told others to be perfect, they not only could not comprehend what perfect is, but were left in a state of hopelessness to attain it. That's why Jesus said it. He wants to bring all men into a state of hopelessness in their ability so that they will receive everything pertaining to life and godliness as a gift by grace through faith.

Did Jesus talk about receiving everything by grace through faith?

Doom

Did Jesus talk about receiving everything by grace through faith?
I might be accused of moving away from MAD here, but I believe that Jesus used the Law to lead men unto Himself, by bringing them to the end of themselves. I believe it was to expose Israel for trusting in their own righteousness.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I might be accused of moving away from MAD here,
I didn't realize you were MAD.

but I believe that Jesus used the Law to lead men unto Himself, by bringing them to the end of themselves. I believe it was to expose Israel for trusting in their own righteousness.
Perhaps, but do we see him teach that in the gospels?

If Jesus really did use the Sermon on the Mount to bring his audience to a place of hopelessness then it seems odd that he wouldn't follow that up with a sermon about receiving by grace through faith. Otherwise his audience just walks away hopeless? It's hard for me to believe that Jesus would do that.

dreadknought

Lemme guess.I suppose, R^J are a covenant. God is the head. Break it, dispy's. No free choice, a bond/covenant set in time. No choice.

musterion

I might be accused of moving away from MAD here, but I believe that Jesus used the Law to lead men unto Himself, by bringing them to the end of themselves. I believe it was to expose Israel for trusting in their own righteousness.

Can't speak for anyone else but without digging into it, I don't see a problem with that, esp. since the Law written on the heart of Gentiles [conscience] condemns them too, so...yeah.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fight me, cowards.
chain-gun.gif