ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'd appreciate a citation from Paul showing where the Law is written anew in the hearts of believers.

It is not a literal citation, but a summary:

II Corinthians Chapter 3 compares (not "contrasts") the O.T. usage of Law, engraven upon stones, to the new ministry of the Holy Spirit, engraven upon hearts.

Doom

Considering my age, this is quite possible! ;)

But I am lucid enough to see that you are going to be disagreeable even when we agree.

I think that is another disease, by another name . . .
Read what Paul says, and then read what you said. Ask Lon (for example) or another neutral observer, if they are seeing what I'm seeing. What you said in your quotes is diametrically in opposition with what Paul says.

dreadknought

Read what Paul says, and then read what you said. Ask Lon (for example) or another neutral observer, if they are seeing what I'm seeing. What you said in your quotes is diametrically in opposition with what Paul says.
No one has to ask Lon, nor AMR to prove Reformed point. :sigh:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

No, your accusation in this OP diametrically opposes what I believe regarding Paul's teachings.

If Lon thought I believed in Perfectionism or that I was a boastful liar, he would have rebuked me for defending myself by now, don't you think?

Doom

It is not a literal citation, but a summary:

II Corinthians Chapter 3 compares (not "contrasts") the O.T. usage of Law, engraven upon stones, to the new ministry of the Holy Spirit, engraven upon hearts.
God is not going to write on someone's heart that which not only the believer is free from Rom 7:6; Gal 2:19, but has been abolished. 2 Cor 3:13; Eph 2:15; Heb 8:13

Doom

No, your accusation in this OP diametrically opposes what I believe regarding Paul's teachings.
Ummm... the opening post are your quotes. Unaltered. Unchanged. Exactly as you stated them. You know this.

I only added the word "as" when asking the question of someone else in a completely different post. The word "as" was not added by me in those quotes. Everyone knows this, but you apparently. Check them out. Click on the links and read your original posts.

Now, getting back to what Paul said in Rom 7, and the two unaltered posts that I referenced above, how can you not see that you are saying exactly the opposite of what Paul said?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God is not going to write on someone's heart that which not only the believer is free from Rom 7:6; Gal 2:19, but has been abolished. 2 Cor 3:13; Eph 2:15; Heb 8:13

So what do you believe is the ministry of the Holy Spirit, that is engraven upon hearts, if not love for God's Word and commands?

dreadknought

Ummm... the opening post are your quotes. Unaltered. Unchanged. Exactly as you stated them. You know this.

I only added the word "as" when asking the question of someone else in a completely different post. The word "as" was not addedHY by me in those quotes. Everyone knows this, but you apparently. Check them out. Click on the links and read your original posts.

Now, getting back to what Paul said in Rom 7, and the two unaltered posts that I referenced above, how can you not see that you are saying exactly the opposite of what Paul said?
Yet, you added. Don't apply double standards. :plain:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I only added the word "as" when asking the question of someone else in a completely different post. The word "as" was not added by me in those quotes. Everyone knows this, but you apparently. Check them out. Click on the links and read your original posts.

The problem is not what I have said, but your lack of understanding of what I have said.

You can apologize to me any time now, for all your ranting and name-calling . . .

Doom

The problem is not what I have said, but your lack of understanding of what I have said.
There is no lack of understanding on my part at all. What you said is that if someone does not act holy as Christ is holy then they are not saved.

That is what you said. Any thinking person can see that you believe that someone's actions must equal those of Christ or they are not saved.

So what is a Christian? What determines the actions of a Christian, but what he is.

If one professes to be in Christ, but does not act holy as Christ is holy, that evidences what that professor is NOT.

You can apologize to me any time now, for all your ranting and name-calling . . .
:rotfl:

You're insane

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is no lack of understanding on my part at all. What you said is that if someone does not act holy as Christ is holy then they are not saved.

That is what you said. Any thinking person can see that you believe that someone's actions must equal those of Christ or they are not saved.

:rotfl:

You're insane

I won't state what I think you are, because I would get banned, unlike what you get away with posting.

Doom

"Law" and "commands" are synonymous with God's "Word."

The O.T. ministry was the letter of the Law; the N.T. ministry is the Spirit of the Law, engraven on the hearts of the saints, that enables a new love for God and His Word/Law/commands. Matthew 22:37-40
This is theological gobbledygook, and nothing in the Bible to back it up. You have been so seduced by your religion, that you are claiming the Bible says things it never does. You need major help.

Doom

I won't state what I think you are, because I would get banned, unlike what you get away with posting.
Forget the insult, just deal with what you said. I know, you can't. Your stubborn pride won't allow it.

1. You have emphatically stated that the evidence that someone is saved is if they act holy as Christ is holy.

2. You claim that Paul practiced evil

This means that you believe Paul was not saved.

It is impossible to draw any other conclusion.

Case closed.

dreadknought

This is theological gobbledygook, and nothing in the Bible to back it up. You have been so seduced by your religion, that you are claiming the Bible says things it never does. You need major help.
And you philosphoy sucks up everything the Bible ever thought about saying..... (what open theists).