ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You mean her post about 2 Cor 3? If so, that was in response to your question asking if Paul talked about the law being written on our hearts. So that still doesn't answer why you asked for Paul specifically.

I'm not getting your point.

The point is, as far as MADists are concerned, if Paul did not directly teach a truth, it does not count.

In actuality, God the Holy Spirit inspired all the bible and wrote II Corinthians 3 and Hebrews 10; reiterating the same gospel truth in both.

The concept of living anew, with a resurrected heart enabled to love God and man, according to the ministry of the Spirit of the Law versus the letter of the Law, is taught in multiple places in the bible.

And it is the ministry of the Spirit, that is engraven on the resurrected hearts of the redeemed sons of God.

dreadknought

chain-gun.gif
Halo 5 Beta gives me a better

hulk smash..

Doom

I didn't realize you were MAD.

Perhaps, but do we see him teach that in the gospels?

If Jesus really did use the Sermon on the Mount to bring his audience to a place of hopelessness then it seems odd that he wouldn't follow that up with a sermon about receiving by grace through faith. Otherwise his audience just walks away hopeless? It's hard for me to believe that Jesus would do that.
He did it all the time.

Matt 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matt 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Matt 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Matt 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matt 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

Matt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

john w

Hall of Fame
The point is, as far as MADists are concerned, if Paul did not directly teach a truth, it does not count.

Sophistry. Deceit. Did Moses teach, the nation Israel, as God's servant, "a truth?" Is that "truth" for your/our obedience? No? Well, then, as far as "all scripture is about me specifically, is addressed to me specifically, is for my obedience, except the ones I don't like" proponents, like Naggie, if the LORD God did not directly teach a truth, then it does not count; but, if He did, it counts, and we must obey it, which means all of scripture is for our obedience.

See how that "argument" works?

Naggie, if she lived during the time of Moses:The point is, as far as OT believers are concerned, if Moses did not directly teach a truth, it does not count.

Check.

dreadknought

Good thing for God's grace to his people, the proselytes of yesterday, or the creatures of Ephesus are a corpse. You're law lacks authority, John.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sophistry. Deceit. Did Moses teach, the nation Israel, as God's servant, "a truth?" Is that "truth" for your/our obedience? No? Well, then, as far as "all scripture is about me specifically, is addressed to me specifically, is for my obedience, except the ones I don't like" proponents, like Naggie, if the LORD God did not directly teach a truth, then it does not count; but, if He did, it counts, and we must obey it, which means all of scripture is for our obedience.

See how that "argument" works?

Naggie, if she lived during the time of Moses:The point is, as far as OT believers are concerned, if Moses did not directly teach a truth, it does not count.

Check.

Jesus speaks to his disciples today what they should do or not do, to believe or not believe from the Bible when they seek Him.

You would have a hard time in Job.

Pro 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Pro 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
Pro 1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
Pro 1:4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
Pro 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
Pro 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

LA

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He did it all the time.

Matt 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matt 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Matt 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Matt 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matt 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

Matt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

If I'm following you, you are giving these verses as examples of God leading people to hopelessness, but what I'm looking for is how Jesus doesn't leave them in that hopelessness. Where is the talk of grace through faith? Where is the other side of that hopelessness?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You know our doctrine well enough to know that that is a lie.

If there is no gospel for this age, except the "my" gospel of Paul, then there is no saving truth to be found beyond the teachings of Paul . . right?

At least that is what heir constantly tells all of us . . .

Dispensationalists write off all the non-Pauline epistles as being directed to Jews only, and MADists even discount the Apostles' accounts (Paul again excepted) to proclaim gospel truths of dbr to anyone.

So you tell me . . .

Doom

If I'm following you, you are giving these verses as examples of God leading people to hopelessness, but what I'm looking for is how Jesus doesn't leave them in that hopelessness. Where is the talk of grace through faith? Where is the other side of that hopelessness?

"come to me..."

"He who believes in me..."

"God so loved the world..."

"I came that you might have life..."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"come to me..."

"He who believes in me..."

"God so loved the world..."

"I came that you might have life..."

Do MADists believe these are promises to both Jews and Gentiles? Which kingdom do MADists believe is being promised by Jesus in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John?

heir

TOL Subscriber
If there is no gospel for this age, except the "my" gospel of Paul, then there is no saving truth to be found beyond the teachings of Paul . . right?

At least that is what heir constantly tells all of us . . .

Dispensationalists write off all the non-Pauline epistles as being directed to Jews only, and MADists even discount the Apostles' accounts (Paul again excepted) to proclaim gospel truths of dbr to anyone.

So you tell me . . .
Paul's "my gospel" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ( Romans 1:16-17 KJV although no longer to the Jew first, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV) for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). That's the standard for heaven, Nang: the righteousness of God. Do you have it upon you?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Paul's "my gospel" is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ( Romans 1:16-17 KJV although no longer to the Jew first, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV) for therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). That's the standard for heaven, Nang: the righteousness of God. Do you have it upon you?

Is this the only gospel unto salvation?

What was preached prior to Paul and his conversion?