ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

john w

Hall of Fame
"When I stumble or fail to do so, I have the intercession of the Spirit and my High Priest in heaven, Jesus Christ, to whom I can confess and be continually cleansed from all unrighteousness."-Naggie

The Lord Jesus Christ is not my High Priest now, and I am no longer considered a sinner, by the LORD God.

1 John 2:1 KJV, which you assume is talking to you, does not say "High Priest."

It says they have an advocate with the Father.
It does not say "High Priest"-it says "advocate."

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children.

Now that is how you study, and survey the book, a book of details, paying attention to details.

musterion

I argue that the gospel proclaimed today is no different than it was proclaimed in the garden.

Yes, I've seen you attempt to support that.

There is no such thing as a N.T. "my" gospel of Paul, that supposedly differs from the eternal covenant promises of God, given throughout time, to His children all redeemed by His grace.
Odd that he should have called it that, then.

Also odd that he said his Gospel was part of a previously unrevealed body of truth kept hid in God before the world began.

Had he ever said "our gospel," with clear reference to the circumcision apostles (Peter et al), you'd have a point.

musterion

My Justification was worked in the fullness of time, on the cross, by the Incarnate Jesus, according to eternal decree.

However, "Eternal Justification" is not correct teaching, for the blood offering necessarily had to happen in flesh in the fullness of time by a real Man, to atone for the sins of his human brethren.

IOW's, the decree required manifestation (creation) in order to work reconciliation between the Creator and His creatures (just as elimination of all wickedness required the creation, manifestation, and elimination of Satan and his minions in time.)

Deep theodicy, this . . .

Not really. It's really very simple. Wrong, but simple. You (presumably, you hope) were elected unto salvation by God in eternity past. Your eventually being enabled to hear and believe the Gospel is just an incidental detail because your being saved was (presumably, you hope) a foregone conclusion in the eternal decree of God. In other words, your soteriology demands that you were as good as saved, unthwartably and irresistibly, before you ever heard the Gospel.

Which is, in itself, a false gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Correct, heir-ness. She assumes all of the book is about her, specfically, is written to her, and thus does not believe that Christ died for her sins, forgiving all of her tresspasses:

"When I stumble or fail to do so, I have the intercession of the Spirit and my High Priest in heaven, Jesus Christ, to whom I can confess and be continually cleansed from all unrighteousness."-nasty Naggie

What sin/sins? The righteousness of God.
In her religious hijacking of 1 John 1:9 she admits that she believes sin/sins are an issue, and spits on the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ with her "confession".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In her religious hijacking of 1 John 1:9 she admits that she believes sin/sins are an issue, and spits on the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ with her "confession".

You spit on Johns letter to Christians.

Sinless perfectionism is heresy.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"When I stumble or fail to do so, I have the intercession of the Spirit and my High Priest in heaven, Jesus Christ, to whom I can confess and be continually cleansed from all unrighteousness."-Naggie

The Lord Jesus Christ is not my High Priest now, and I am no longer considered a sinner, by the LORD God.

Sinners need a Saviour, a High Priest, not an advocate. The Lord Jesus Christ is only an advocate for God the Father's children.

Now that is how you study, and survey the book, a book of details, paying attention to details.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

That's too bad, Johnny . . . what are you going to do on Judgment Day without an Advocate representing you before God?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not really. It's really very simple. Wrong, but simple. You (presumably, you hope) were elected unto salvation by God in eternity past. Your eventually being enabled to hear and believe the Gospel is just an incidental detail because your being saved was (presumably, you hope) a foregone conclusion in the eternal decree of God. In other words, your soteriology demands that you were as good as saved, unthwartably and irresistibly, before you ever heard the Gospel.

Which is, in itself, a false gospel.

All this is your words, not mine . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Guess not . . . sinless persons, like you, have no need of an eternal High Priest, do you?

So why did Jesus die, if not, as High Priest, to offer the blood sacrifice of His own Person, for your sins?

Do you think His office as High Priest was a temp job?

heir

TOL Subscriber
You spit on Johns letter to Christians.
:yawn: Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Sinless perfectionism is heresy.
What sins?

Colossians 2:13 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
So why did Jesus die, if not, as High Priest, to offer the blood sacrifice of His own Person, for your sins?
Why do you ask others a question like this when you yourself do not believe that Christ died for your sins (as evidenced by your thinking you have sins to "confess")?

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:yawn: Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

The right hand of fellowship because they all preached the same gospel of grace.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

What sins?

Colossians 2:13 KJV

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you ask others a question like this when you yourself do not believe that Christ died for your sins (as evidenced by your thinking you have sins to "confess")?

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

oh please, johnny, help us - teach us. show us how to study and see all the details like you. you are a sage, a guru, a svengali, a mystic, a genius, a wise man, a master, a scholar, historian, teacher, sensai, a monk and a monkey. survey the book for us. argue with yourself about the contradictions YOU find in The Bible. i feel sorry for folks that get trapped within layers of misinterprentaions, focusing on percieved "problems" with scripture. your mind must be tormented :juggle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
oh please, johnny, help us - teach us. show us how to study and see all the details like you. you are a sage, a guru, a svengali, a mystic, a genius, a wise man, a master, a scholar, historian, teacher, sensai, a monk and a monkey. survey the book for us. argue with yourself about the contradictions YOU find in The Bible. i feel sorry for folks that get trapped within layers of misinterprentaions, focusing on percieved "problems" with scripture. your mind must be tormented :juggle:

What does "Other" stand for? I'm really getting quite annoyed
with you!