ECT Nang's Boastful Lie

Doom

However the law of sin remains in our earthly members (nature) until we resurrect to glory.
:doh: In light of that (which I wholeheartedly agree), then how can you not recognize Paul's words concerning this as true for all believers?

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

This has been the entire disagreement. You think we should be able to do that which Paul says he could not.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Yeah, and? Are you an Israelite priest that is bringing the world to God? Or are you now saved through their fall instead?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:doh: In light of that (which I wholeheartedly agree), then how can you not recognize Paul's words concerning this as true for all believers?

I DO believe all of this applies to all believers:

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

This has been the entire disagreement. You think we should be able to do that which Paul says he could not.

You accuse(d) me of saying that . . . which I have been denying throughout this entire thread.

You created a disagreement that does not exist, by accusing me of thinking I can be or want to be perfect. I have always believed and lived with the tension and struggle between spirit and flesh that Paul describes in this passage. All (and only Christians) struggle with this conflict, even while we rest by faith in Christ, that there is no further condemnation in Christ. Romans 8:1; I Corinthians 15:57

Doom

What do you think it means?
It means that God is holy and perfect, and whatever holy and perfect is, God is it, and we can only be it, if he makes us it. Heb 10:14

When Jesus told others to be perfect, they not only could not comprehend what perfect is, but were left in a state of hopelessness to attain it. That's why Jesus said it. He wants to bring all men into a state of hopelessness in their ability so that they will receive everything pertaining to life and godliness as a gift by grace through faith.

Doom

I DO believe all of this applies to all believers:

You accuse(d) me of saying that . . . which I have been denying throughout this entire thread.

You created a disagreement that does not exist, by accusing me of thinking I can be or want to be perfect. I have always believed and lived with the tension and struggle between spirit and flesh that Paul describes in this passage. All (and only Christians) struggle with this conflict, even while we rest by faith in Christ, that there is no further condemnation in Christ. Romans 8:1; I Corinthians 15:57

All insults and debate aside, but have you been to see a doctor about the possibility that you might be suffering from dementia, senility or such?

So what is a Christian? What determines the actions of a Christian, but what he is.

If one professes to be in Christ, but does not act holy as Christ is holy, that evidences what that professor is NOT.

God's law is now written on our hearts. We obey it because now we love God's holy standards.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All insults and debate aside, but have you been to see a doctor about the possibility that you might be suffering from dementia, senility or such?

Considering my age, this is quite possible! ;)

But I am lucid enough to see that you are going to be disagreeable even when we agree.

I think that is another disease, by another name . . .