Madists

God's Truth

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

We have to BELIEVE to be saved---but that is NOT all we have to do!
I can give you many scriptures that say believing without right action is DEAD.

Therefore, John 5:24 is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

They believed WHAT?!!! That is what you have to ask yourself! They had to believe that Jesus can forgive the sins that they REPENT OF doing. Have you forgotten about John the baptizer who says who warned you vipers about the coming wrath?! Did you forget how he said to prove your repentance by your deeds? Paul preached the SAME THING!

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Matthew 3:7 But when John saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his place of baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8Produce fruit worthy of repentance

So once a person believes he receives eternal life. Anything which happens to anyone after he believes cannot contribute in any way to that person's receiving eternal life. Therefore, obeying the Lord Jesus contributes nothing to a person being saved.

Only in your confused mind!

God's Truth

The verse which Paul quoted about Abraham's justification comes from the OT at a time BEFORE Abraham was circumcized. You do know what the word "before" means, don't you?

Paul is saying ABRAHAM was given the promise from God because Abraham BELIEVED and OBEYED GOD and that it was BEFORE HE WAS circumcised.

Paul is explaining that the purification/ceremonial works---SUCH AS circumcision---is NOT required anymore and is not the type of works that save anymore.

God's Truth

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Did you read that Jerry?

They believe in Jesus or they would not be calling him 'Lord'.

However, they are not saved for believing alone.

Only those who do the will of his Father will be saved.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Man how I love the Word of God!

clefty

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Did you read that Jerry?

They believe in Jesus or they would not be calling him 'Lord'.

However, they are not saved for believing alone.

Only those who do the will of his Father will be saved.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Man how I love the Word of God!

But only 9/10ths of His law...

clefty

That is the old law. Jesus came to earth and taught the rules for the new law.

New laws huh?

Except for these:

"Pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath." That it might be kept

"The Sabbath was made for man" not just Jews...

"If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love." RIGHT THERE IT HITS TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE-YOUR BIRD OF IT Will BE ABOLISHED AND THE MADIST BIRD THAT HE JUST HAS TO BELIEVE...AND ONLY ONCE

"Think NOT I have come to destroy the Law...not one jot or one tittle will pass away until ALL IS FULFILLED"

"It is lawful to do good works on the Sabbath"

"Love AS I have love you"...JUST AS with a seventh day rest INCLUDED...AS HE EXEMPLIFIED FOR US

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

But Jesus also tells us belief alone is DEAD.

Where?

it is clear that the Lord Jesus said that it is through God's word whereby a man who is dead in sin receives "life":

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).​

The gospel comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5) and those who believe it are saved:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Jn.6:63).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I did...but nothing corrected this

"This is a different law than the Law of Moses that our Father abolished."

Christ spoke to Jacob's people his marriage vows and the people said we will.

Christ wrote the stipulations of his marriage covenant on tablets of stone and they were stored in a box housed in a tabernacle.

Today we are the tabernacle for his marriage covenant with us. His first marriage ended with his death and descendants of Jacob no longer have a relationship with Christ unless they enter into his marriage covenant with his NT bride. This "new" covenant has the same stipulations as his former marriage covenant.

Today there are people who claim to be a member of Christ but they don't keep all of the marriage vows and are not married to him. He doesn't know them nor accept them as his special treasure.

This marriage covenant is completely separate and was never a part of his ordinances (house rules) for his former wife.

However, the weekly Sabbath existed and was enforced by penalty of death before Mt. Sinai. The Sabbath was an integral part of his marriage covenant with Jacob's people and is an integral part of his "new" covenant of marriage with us.

However, in due time Christ will make a new covenant with the house of Judah and the house of Israel. This new covenant with Jacob's people will be administered by Christ's bride to train and nurture them with Christ as their King, but not their husband.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Galatians used to observe special days...

As do many people today. Not the same special days as the Galatians may have observed but Halloween, Christmas, and Easter are just as pagan as any days the Galatians may have observed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I say nothing about worshiping on a Sunday. Pay attention when you want to be a teacher and correct others.

What is so hard for you to understand when I say worshiping days is now worthless?

By your term "worshiping days" are you referring to days of worship? Worshiping days is a strange term to me and I'm not sure what you means by it.

Maybe you could explain.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Just believe what is written. The observance of special days is worthless; AND it does nothing in the way of loving your neighbor.

Good point. Obeying Christ and his NT apostles' teachings has more to do with love toward God than it does toward neighbor.

Paul instructed the assembly at Corinth to keep the Passover with sincerity and truth. Why do you quote Paul if you believe part of his teaching is worthless? Perhaps you can explain.

Jesus never suggested that any part of his creation is worthless. On the contrary, many people believe he did a fine job.

Do you also consider the millennial Sabbath to be worthless?

If you do then you will not be forced to be there. You can rest until the second resurrection.

:rip:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Good day to you Sir.

Disrespect does not show love or concern for a person.

Meshak should be respected as a fellow human being.

You don't have to agree with her, but she has said nothing worthy of disrespect.

Verbal abuse is not Christian.