Judge OK’s Petition for America’s First ‘Genderless’ Person

glassjester

I'm convinced, you've just convinced me. You're an apple.

I bet that doesn't quite taste as sweet as you intended.

This is great news! Will you support me in my brave quest to be recognized as an apple in every way possible, by all people? Will you denounce, as bigots, all those who will not acknowledge that I am truly an apple - as much as any apple that actually grew from an apple tree?

Will you support my lawsuit against the doctor who refused to have an apple stem surgically attached to my head?

Will you support my lawsuit against the grocery store who would not acknowledge my right to sit amongst my brethren in the produce aisle?

Will you join the boycott against the bakery that refused to put me in a pie?

quip

BANNED
Banned
This is great news! Will you support me in my brave quest to be recognized as an apple in every way possible, by all people? Will you denounce, as bigots, all those who will not acknowledge that I am truly an apple - as much as any apple that actually grew from an apple tree?

Will you support my lawsuit against the doctor who refused to have an apple stem surgically attached to my head?

Will you support my lawsuit against the grocery store who would not acknowledge my right to sit amongst my brethren in the produce aisle?

Will you join the boycott against the bakery that refused to put me in a pie?

Sure. I'll support you equally to the level of sincerity you display for your cause.

What date is your operation scheduled for?

glassjester

Sure. I'll support you equally to the level of sincerity you display for your cause.

What date is your operation scheduled for?

It's not. The doctor refused, remember?

Are you being candid, here? Would you really believe that a man was an apple, just because he claimed to be so?

Is there anything someone could claim to be, that would make you think that they were actually delusional?

quip

BANNED
Banned
It's not. The doctor refused, remember?

Are you being candid, here? Would you really believe that a man was an apple, just because he claimed to be so?

Is there anything someone could claim to be, that would make you think that they were actually delusional?

Do you believe the analogy is apt?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

You did not answer.

Is there any kind of person, plant, animal... any earthly thing at all, that a man could claim to be, that would make you think that man was delusional?

That brings up a few ontological questions. Such as: What is it like to exist as an apple? Is there any way to accurately answer this?

Do apples "exist" in the same manner as a human "exist'...is the apple sentient and self-aware; have 'being' or the capacity for reason?

How can a self-aware individual "become" an non-sentient nor self-aware inanimate object?

More importantly, how is any of this relevant to an individual who claims to be a-sexual?

Your analogy was simply long on form; absent on function. :idunno:

glassjester

That brings up a few ontological questions. Such as: What is it like to exist as an apple? Is there any way to accurately answer this?

Do apples "exist" in the same manner as a human "exist'...is the apple sentient and self-aware; have 'being' or the capacity for reason?

How can a self-aware individual "become" an non-sentient nor self-aware inanimate object?

More importantly, how is any of this relevant to an individual who claims to be a-sexual?

Your analogy was simply long on form; absent on function. :idunno:

So many words, still no answer...

glassjester

Then read the many words again. The answer will be obvious.

You said you'd believe I truly was an apple, if I claimed to be.
Why wouldn't you, instead, think that I was delusional?

I continue to ask, what kind of person, animal, or object could someone claim to be, that would make you think they were actually delusional?

quip

BANNED
Banned
You said you'd believe I truly was an apple, if I claimed to be.
Why wouldn't you, instead, think that I was delusional?

I continue to ask, what kind of person, animal, or object could someone claim to be, that would make you think they were actually delusional?

Your question is irrelevant. An individual who claims to be a-sexual is not an ontological issue. They are not "turning into" an alternate being or existent.

glassjester

Your question is irrelevant. An individual who claims to be a-sexual is not an ontological issue. They are not "turning into" an alternate being or existent.

Quip, do you think it's even possible for someone to be delusional about their own identity?