Judge OK’s Petition for America’s First ‘Genderless’ Person

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Judge OK’s Petition for America’s First ‘Genderless’ Person

A Portland student has become the first American to gain legal designation as “genderless”, following a ruling by a Multnomah County judge.

The March 10 decision, reported for the first time on Thursday, involved a 27-year-old who was born male but claimed to identify with no gender whatsoever. Judge Amy Holmes, who approved the petition, also last year approved a “non-binary” gender designation for another Portland resident.

The 27-year-old formerly known as Patrick Abbatiello, now legally designated agender, also got legal approval to change names, now going only by “Patch,” no surname. That name also serves as a pronoun, Patch explained to the local NBC affiliate this week.

“Even gender-neutral pronouns don’t feel as if they fit me,” Patch said. “I feel no identity or closeness with any pronouns I’ve come across. What describes me is my name.”

By deadline, Patch did not respond to requests for interview sent by phone and Facebook through Portland Community College’s Queer Resource Center. Patch works there as a co-coordinator, and a Facebook post for the center lauded the student for “blazing the way.

Could you have even imagined the mass mental illness that we would see today, 10 years ago?

Each day the news gets more and more weird and someone else has lost their mind.

jman

I don't know, I spose if men can be attracted to men, and women to women. Why can't there be people who aren't attracted to anyone?

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app

jman

I spose it's just as confusing as men that want to be a women, where do they really fit in? I don't know the answer

I would like to see a picture of this Patch, if it looks like a normal guy or girl, or a far fetched idea is maybe it's the beginning of a new race? But I'd really like to see a picture!

jman

There can be, what though about that should translate to its own gender designation?
I would like to see a picture of this Patch, if it looks like a normal guy or girl, or a far fetched idea is maybe it's the beginning of a new race? If so how do they reproduce, maybe natural selection? But I'd really like to see a picture!

jman

A mental institution getting help? Not having illness catered to.
I really dont think its an illness. Ive been around alot of mentally ill people and ive been around alot of "queer" and "gay" people my sister has a girlfriend and some of my friends are gay. Unless it's a dormant mental illness you can't detect.....but I'd also hate to think my friends and loved ones belong in a mental institution just cause they aren't what we call "normal". I just think it's a new world and we can take sides or we can deal.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I really dont think its an illness. Ive been around alot of mentally ill people and ive been around alot of "queer" and "gay" people my sister has a girlfriend and some of my friends are gay. Unless it's a dormant mental illness you can't detect.....but I'd also hate to think my friends and loved ones belong in a mental institution just cause they aren't what we call "normal". I just think it's a new world and we can take sides or we can deal.

Its mental illness to create a "new" gender.

jman

Its mental illness to create a "new" gender.
Your taking two sides now, either it's a mental illness OR it's a new gender. Or maybe your right, whether it's god or evolution causing this "mental illness", it's just showing us this new world we live in. I think we'll just have to deal. My girlfriend doesn't like gay people. Ya know what she does? She just stays away. If you don't like them, might be your best option. But don't judge them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Your taking two sides now, either it's a mental illness OR it's a new gender.

Its mental illness, i never said it was a new gender. (an idiot liberal judge did)

Or maybe your right, whether it's god or evolution causing this "mental illness", it's just showing us this new world we live in. I think we'll just have to deal. My girlfriend doesn't like gay people. Ya know what she does? She just stays away. If you don't like them, might be your best option. But don't judge them.

Evolution is a lie from the pit of hell. Sexuality is a choice, since unless one is raped, they make a choice to have or not.

jman

Its mental illness, i never said it was a new gender. (an idiot liberal judge did)

Evolution is a lie from the pit of hell. Sexuality is a choice, since unless one is raped, they make a choice to have or not.
I'm not in the mood to debate evolution right now, but yes, sex is a choice. But who your attracted to is not.

jman

tell that to heterosexuals who turn gay in prison
Ok ok, that's true but different. But all sex is included in that. If you have sex, just to have sex, don't care bout the person, whether guy on guy or guy on girl. That would be considered, I believe, in God's eyes a sin. On a side note that's why I've always believed god gave us AIDS. To respect sex.