Jesus Will Never Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well Michael, did you read post #72 about the wedding of Jesus in Cana of the Galilee? That's where I got the news that Jesus was married. Read and you will also find out who was Jesus' real beloved disciple. Sorry if I had to rain on your parade.
It does not say Jesus was married.

Ben Masada

It does not say Jesus was married.

Does it say Jesus was NOT married? No. So, what are you talking about? That's called "filling in the blanks"; then, you gather the evidences. If it makes the sense you need, you will adopt the idea if Christian preconceived notions are out of the way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does it say Jesus was NOT married? No. So, what are you talking about? That's called "filling in the blanks"; then, you gather the evidences. If it makes the sense to the reader he or she will adopt the idea if Christian preconceived notions are out of the way.
People are not born married Ben Masada. The default is singleness, not marriage. But the Bible (the NT) speaks against those who would forbid marriage.

It is no wonder that people try to prove that Jesus was married. The Bible doesn't say He was.

Ben Masada

People are not born married Ben Masada. The default is singleness, not marriage. But the Bible (the NT) speaks against those who would forbid marriage.

It is no wonder that people try to prove that Jesus was married. The Bible doesn't say He was.

Again! Does the NT say he was not? You have just given me an evidence that Jesus was married by mentioning that the NT speaks against those who would forbid marriage. The best way not to forbid marriage is by being married oneself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Again! Does the NT say he was not? You have just given me an evidence that Jesus was married by mentioning that the NT speaks against those who would forbid marriage. The best way not to forbid marriage is by being married oneself.
Being single and forbidding marriage are two different things.

I know Jesus was single. I do not know that Jesus married. The Bible doesn't speak to the matter of if Jesus was married.

Ben Masada

Being single and forbidding marriage are two different things.

I know Jesus was single. I do not know that Jesus married. The Bible doesn't speak to the matter of if Jesus was married.

The NT does not speak of the matter that Jesus was NOT married. There are more evidences on the range of 100 to 1 that Jesus was married. If you read post #72, most of them are there.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The NT does not speak of the matter that Jesus was NOT married. There are more evidences on the range of 100 to 1 that Jesus was married. If you read post #72, most of them are there.
It is important when reading the Bible to not go beyond what is written. It is not written that Jesus was married. It is not written that Jesus was not married. Thus, logic says He was either single and then became married or He was single and never became married. But since the Bible does not say He was married, we know only the default... that He was single and not married.

Ben Masada

It is important when reading the Bible to not go beyond what is written. It is not written that Jesus was married. It is not written that Jesus was not married. Thus, logic says He was either single and then became married or He was single and never became married. But since the Bible does not say He was married, we know only the default... that He was single and not married.

Okay. Let's try to approach this from another angle, who was the bridegroom in the wedding in Cana of the Galilee? (John 2:1)

Aimiel

Never?!? Never?!?

Never?!? Never?!?

Guess what, Ben? He never left (spiritually). Those of us who know Him are filled with His Holy Spirit. :thumb:

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Daniel1611

All evidences point to the fact that it was Jesus. So, I do take as a fact that Jesus was a married man.

It says Jesus and his disciples were called to the marriage. Why were he and his disciples invited if it was Jesus's wedding? He wouldn't have gotten an invitation. Further, Mary tells Jesus, "they" have no wine. Also, it says the governor of the feast went to the bridegroom. It doesn't specify Jesus, so its probably not Jesus.

All signs point to the fact that it is NOT Jesus getting married.

Ben Masada

Guess what, Ben? He never left (spiritually). Those of us who know Him are filled with His Holy Spirit. :thumb:

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Today, a today of almost 2,000 years already, Jesus has no longer a spirit within. As his body went back to the dust, his spirit aka his breath of life went back to God Who gave it. This is a reference to Gen. 2:7 when God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul.

Daniel1611

Who is a LIAR but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son.

Ben Masada

It says Jesus and his disciples were called to the marriage. Why were he and his disciples invited if it was Jesus's wedding? He wouldn't have gotten an invitation. Further, Mary tells Jesus, "they" have no wine. Also, it says the governor of the feast went to the bridegroom. It doesn't specify Jesus, so its probably not Jesus.

All signs point to the fact that it is NOT Jesus getting married.

In the Hebrew, the bridegroom remains throughout the party place until the bride is ready and the bridegroom is "called to the Chupah" This "called" aka invited does not mean he was a guest but the bridegroom. I got married in Israel and I am able to tell you about this. His disciples were perhaps interpolated into the text as invited to deviate the mind of the reader from the fact that Jesus was the bridegroom.

Now, there is another evidence that Jesus was the bridegroom when Mary his mother reported to him that there was no more wine. How? Thus: According to the Jewish culture of the time, which is still used by Yemanite Jews, of all things in the Wedding party, the Bride groom was in charge to provide the wine; nothing else but the wine and, obviously, I was reminded of that ancient custom as I happily complied with. My wife is a Yemanite Jewish lady.

The mother of the bride, according to the costume was to be in charge that every thing went as smooth as possible. Probably Mary Magdalene was an orphan by then and Mary the mother of Jesus had to take the charge as you can see by her giving orders around to the servants. Then when they had run out of wine she obviously had to go to the bridegroom to remind him of the incident. Who could it have been if not her own son? So, she did as she was expected to and every thing was fine. Jesus got married and guess what? He could get his license to operate as a Rabbi because here is another evidence: Rabbis had to be married or they would not be licensed. Rabbis were akin to bishops and, according to I Tim. 3:2 a Bishop aka Rabbi had to be married. (which I thank Paul for having come to the rescue!)

Daniel1611

She asked Jesus because she knew he could do it. If it was his duty to provide wine, why did he say "what have I to do with thee?". Looks like he was saying the wine wasn't his problem.

Aimiel

Today, a today of almost 2,000 years already, Jesus has no longer a spirit within. As his body went back to the dust, his spirit aka his breath of life went back to God Who gave it. This is a reference to Gen. 2:7 when God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living soul.

Jesus is The One Who did the breathing. He is The Life. He said so, Himself...

"I am the*way, the truth, and the*life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

He also didn't stay. He ascended back to Heaven, where He came from.

Ben Masada

She asked Jesus because she knew he could do it. If it was his duty to provide wine, why did he say "what have I to do with thee?". Looks like he was saying the wine wasn't his problem.

No, she did not know. Read John 2:11. The text says that the turning of water into wine was the first miracle in the life of Jesus. How could she have any idea that Jesus would perform a miracle if she had never witnessed one? The "what have I to do with thee" is not Jewish but an interpolation by the writer or the Church to uphold the Pauline doctrine that Jesus was the son of God. (Acts 9:20) Jesus was probably trying to disconnect himself from the excessive care of dependence to his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.