Jesus Will Never Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Masada

Who is a LIAR but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son.

If you read Exodus 4:22,23, Israel is the son of God. Prophet Habakkuk 3:13 took from there that Israel is the anointed one of the Lord. "Anointed one" is the definition of "Christ." It means that, if you deny that Israel is the "Christ" of God, you are one of the anti-Christs. BTW, if you read I John 2:18,19, the anti-Christs are supposed to come out from the ranks of Christianity. It doesn't apply to us for we belong with the anointed one of the Lord. (Hab. 3:13)

Ben Masada

Jesus is The One Who did the breathing. He is The Life. He said so, Himself...

"I am the*way, the truth, and the*life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

He also didn't stay. He ascended back to Heaven, where He came from.

Jesus was a Jew and, to claim that a Jew was God the Creator is a terrible act of idolatry. Regarding being the way, the truth and the life, Jesus spoke as a Jew. Any real Jew can say the same if he is speaking on behalf of the People. Now, that Jesus died and was buried, we all believe as a fact. But that he was raised from the grave and taken back to Heaven, you have only faith as an evidence. Now, if you allow me, faith lacks all Logic.

Ben Masada

Owing to the absence of any indication that He was married, I cannot say that He was.

Owing to the absence of any indication that Jesus was NOT married, I can say that he was because of his claim to have come to obey the laws down to the letter. According to Gen. 1:28, it was a commandment to grow and multiply; and according to Gen. 2:24 all men SHALL leave his father and his mother and SHALL cleave unto his wife and become with her of one flesh. Now, last but not least, according to Mat. 5:18, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled." If Jesus came to fulfill and he was not married, he failed the credibility of his word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Owing to the absence of any indication that Jesus was NOT married, I can say that he was because of his claim to have come to obey the laws down to the letter. According to Gen. 1:28, it was a commandment to grow and multiply; and according to Gen. 2:24 all men SHALL leave his father and his mother and SHALL cleave unto his wife and become with her of one flesh. Now, last but not least, according to Mat. 5:18, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled. If Jesus came to fulfill and he was not married, he failed the credibility of his word.
You fail to see that it is not sin to not be married. This means you do not understand the command to be fruitful and multiply, as it was intended.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

You fail to see that it is not sin to not be married. This means you do not understand the command to be fruitful and multiply, as it was intended.

Listen Untellectual, can you fulfill the commandment to grow and multiply without a woman? (Gen. 1:28) No, because to do so, you must cleave unto a woman and be of one flesh with her. (Gen. 2:24)

What is a sin, Untellectual? Sin is the transgression of the law. How do you transgress that law? By willingly remaining a single man for the rest of your life.

Interesting to notice, the sinful consequence of that law is applied on men only, not on the women. All we need is the permission of a woman to cleave unto her.

All men can do that, unless one be less than human or incapable by disease to do so. I am sure Jesus was quite attractive enough for Mary Magdalene to give him her "YES" with great satisfaction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Listen Untellectual, can you fulfill the commandment to grow and multiply without a woman? (Gen. 1:28) No, because to do so, you must cleave unto a woman and be of one flesh with her. (Gen. 2:24)

What is a sin, Untellectual? Sin is the transgression of the law. How do you transgress that law? By willingly remaining a single man for the rest of your life.

Interesting to notice, the sinful consequence of that law is applied on men only, not on the women. All we need is the permission of a woman to cleave unto her.

All men can do that, unless one be less than human or incapable by disease to do so. I am sure Jesus was quite attractive enough for Mary Magdalene to give him her "YES" with great satisfaction.
Again, it is not sin to be single. Everyone is born single, and those who die without having been married have not sinned in being single. Being single is not sin no matter how you look at it.

A reason for saying Jesus was not married to Mary Magdalene as you presume, is that if He was married to anyone nobody would have accepted that Jesus has the church for His bride.

If you consider that the command to be fruitful and multiply was given to mankind, not individual men, you will see the command in its right perspective.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus will never return.

A poster once told me that, in his opinion, the Second Coming of Jesus would happen only when--through entirely natural causes--our planet be on the verge of destruction, and not before.

Well, I said, I am glad to hear that because, in that case, Jesus will never come because, soon after the Flood the Lord promised Noah that He would never again allow another universal destruction to destroy Mankind as long as the natural laws function properly. (Gen. 8:21,22)

Jeremiah read that text and said that as long as the natural laws function properly Israel will never cease as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36)

Jesus must have read those two texts; the one of Genesis and that of Jeremiah and completed the info that salvation comes from the Jews as he mean universal catastrophe. (John 4:22)

Abraham went further and said that as long as there is a minyan of ten righteous, universal destruction would not happen. (Gen. 18:32) After all this, do you still think Jesus will need to come back? Hardly!
Resurrection is not resuscitation. Paul's letters are the earliest Christian documents and he obviously does not believe in a physical body after the crucifixion.

The early followers were enacting Jesus' program of eating and healing and going around the countryside in pairs spreading the Kingdom of God.

The account of the pair on the road to Emmaus is a profound metaphor that expresses the presence of the Lord was always available because the pair were carrying out Jesus' work for weeks after he had been killed (news traveled slowly in those days).

I myself touch base with Jesus daily. He has risen! I believe in the resurrection but it had nothing to do with his body. Resurrection, "taken up," sitting at God's right hand--all of these theologies were ways in which his surviving apostles could understand Jesus' horrific death.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Again, it is not sin to be single. Everyone is born single, and those who die without having been married have not sinned in being single. Being single is not sin no matter how you look at it.

A reason for saying Jesus was not married to Mary Magdalene as you presume, is that if He was married to anyone nobody would have accepted that Jesus has the church for His bride.

If you consider that the command to be fruitful and multiply was given to mankind, not individual men, you will see the command in its right perspective.

Okay, sin is the transgression of the law. Agree or not agree? And, to choose to live in sin is rejection of that law. Agree or not agree? Since you have decided what a sin is, we don't have to talk about that anymore.

How could a Jew have a church for his bride? If you don't want to mention Paul as the one who had his church as his bride, at least say that Jesus was not a Jew and every thing will be all right.

The command to grow and multiply was given to Adam. Was Adam only an individual or he represented all Mankind? As you can see, I hope, you are making sense no more.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay, sin is the transgression of the law. Agree or not agree? And, to choose to live in sin is rejection of that law. Agree or not agree? Since you have decided what a sin is, we don't have to talk about that anymore.

How could a Jew have a church for his bride? If you don't want to mention Paul as the one who had his church as his bride, at least say that Jesus was not a Jew and every thing will be all right.

The command to grow and multiply was given to Adam. Was Adam only an individual or he represented all Mankind? As you can see, I hope, you are making sense no more.
Jesus was indeed a Jew. But the command to be fruitful and multiply was also given after the flood. It is a command for mankind, not one man. I didn't say Jesus has a church for His bride, but the church. That is, all who are called among the people of God in His name. Also, do you remember who it was in the New Testament writings that pointed out that it is wrong to forbid marriage? A person remaining single and serving God is not in any way forbidding marriage.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

1 - Resurrection is not resuscitation.

2 - Paul's letters are the earliest Christian documents and he obviously does not believe in a physical body after the crucifixion.

3 - The early followers were enacting Jesus' program of eating and healing and going around the countryside in pairs spreading the Kingdom of God.

4 - The account of the pair on the road to Emmaus is a profound metaphor that expresses the presence of the Lord was always available because the pair were carrying out Jesus' work for weeks after he had been killed (news traveled slowly in those days).

5 - I myself touch base with Jesus daily. He has risen! I believe in the resurrection but it had nothing to do with his body.

6 - Resurrection, "taken up," sitting at God's right hand--all of these theologies were ways in which his surviving apostles could understand Jesus' horrific death.

1 - Of course, I am aware that resuscitation is not resurrection!

2 - That's why Paul had to fabricate the doctrine that Jesus had resurrected. (II Tim. 2:8)

3 - Not Jesus' program but Paul's. In Jesus program the Kingdom of God was not to be spread among the Gentiles which I do not understand why. (Mat. 10:5,6)

4 - After only weeks! Jesus words were still according to Mat. 10:5,6.To live the Gentiles alone.

5 - Really! How could he eat and drink with his disciples after his so-called resurrection? (Luke 24:37-43)

6 - That's a nice metaphorical way to see the follow-ups of Ascension.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

1 - Jesus was indeed a Jew. But the command to be fruitful and multiply was also given after the flood.

2 - It is a command for mankind, not one man.

3 - I didn't say Jesus has a church for His bride, but the church.

4 - That is, all who are called among the people of God in His name.

5 - Also, do you remember who it was in the New Testament writings that pointed out that it is wrong to forbid marriage?

6 - A person remaining single and serving God is not in any way forbidding marriage.

1 - What does it have to do with the issue in discussion?

2 - Yes, wasn't Jesus part of Mankind? So, the command was for him too.

3 - Either way, Jesus never even dreamed that the Church would ever rise.

4 - God's People was God's son according to Exod. 4:22,23.

5 - Yes, Paul, because he had chosen to remain single all his life and wanted no one to condemn him for being single.

6 - I know, but because he is of the kind of preacher who says, "Do what I say but not what I do for I am a sinner too."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 - What does it have to do with the issue at discussion?

2 - Yes, wasn't Jesus part of Mankind? So, the command was for him too.
Yes, Jesus was of mankind. So was Adam, Noah and his sons, and all of them each their wife. But it is not recorded in the Bible that Jesus had a wife, so it is conjecture. The command to be fruitful and multiply was not given to just one man. That is, I believe it was given to mankind in general. A single person should never forbid marriage, but that doesn't mean they have to get married to not forbid it.
3 - Either way, Jesus never even dreamed that the Church would ever rise.
Then how is it that He said He would build His church?

Matthew 16:18 NASB - 18 "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
4 - God's People was God's son according to Exod. 4:22,23.

5 -
God's people is anyone saved by the death of Jesus. That is, all those who have faith in the one true and living God, the God of the Jews.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 1:9-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,

11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
5 - Yes, Paul, because he had chosen to remain single all his life and wanted no one to condemn him for being single.

6 - I know, but because he is of the kind of preacher who says, "Do what I say but not what I do for I am a sinner too."
Paul did not promote being a sinner, though he had sinned (which was not the case with Jesus) in his life as the rest of us have as well. He promoted being single if you can (to serve God) and being married if that is better to you (to serve God). In being single himself he was no different from Jesus. This is, marriage was designed by God whether it is for everyone or not. Sexual immorality, or sex outside of marriage, is strictly forbidden for single and married alike.

Ben Masada

1 - Yes, Jesus was of mankind.

2 - So was Adam, Noah and his sons, and all of them each their wife.

3 - But it is not recorded in the Bible that Jesus had a wife, so it is conjecture.

4 - The command to be fruitful and multiply was not given to just one man. That is, I believe it was given to mankind in general.

5 - A single person should never forbid marriage, but that doesn't mean they have to get married to not forbid it.

6 -Then how is it that He said He would build His church?

7 - Matthew 16:18 NASB - 18 "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

8 - God's people is anyone saved by the death of Jesus. That is, all those who have faith in the one true and living God, the God of the Jews.

1 - So, the commandment to get married was upon him too.

2 - And so was Jesus with Mary Magdalene.

3 - Is it recorded in the NT that Jesus did NOT have a wife? No, it is not. So, let's stop with this paradox.

4 - Oh! Thank you! You are finally coming into commonsense.

5 - Good! So, you must stop forbidding Jesus to have been married.

6 - Again! How can you bake your cake and eat it too? Either Jesus was a Jew or he built his Church. Jews don't build churches bud synagogues. Paul was the one who built Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

7 - This was never said by Jesus but by the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Matthew.

8 - No one has ever been saved by the death of Jesus because it would be a contradiction to the Prophets who say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Acts 1:9-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,

11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Nothing Jewish about this post but the men you are using to promote the gospel of Paul.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

3 - Is it recorded in the NT that Jesus did NOT have a wife? No, it is not. So, let's stop with this paradox.

6 - Again! How can you bake your cake and eat it too? Either Jesus was a Jew or he built his Church. Jews don't build churches bud synagogues. Paul was the one who built Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

7 - This was never said by Jesus but by the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Matthew.

8 - No one has ever been saved by the death of Jesus because it would be a contradiction to the Prophets who say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

Where does it say Jesus is married?

CherubRam

Yahshua did not marry, he was an ancient being from heaven. But even if he did, that would not prevent him from being the Messiah. As you know, people are awaiting the day of the resurrection. In the mean time, if God wants to make an acception, He can. (As in accept)

Status
Not open for further replies.