Jesus Will Never Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Masada

And? The LORD God is on your time period? Time between the promise to Abraham, of a son, and it's realization? Promise of the redeemer in Genesis, and....?

There are scores of examples in the book, of prophecies, and it's later ultimate fulfillment, hundreds/thousands of years later.

You'd know that, if you were honest on this issue, and survey the book. But you sre not/have not.

2 Peter 3 KJV

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Thanks for checking in, "scoffer" Ben.

Well, have you read John 21:15-22? It is about the return of Jesus. After dinner, Jesus and his disciples went out and had a dialogue with Peter. Suddenly he stopped and asked, "Simon, do you love me?" Yes lord, you know I love you!" "Feed my sheep!" They went a few steps further and Jesus asked for the second time, "Peter, do you love me?" Peter said, "Yes my Lord, you know I love you!" "Feed my sheep!" They walked a few steps more and again, Jesus asked for the third time, "Peter, do you love me!" "Of course Lord, you know I do!" "Feed my sheep." Peter was getting annoying and asked, "What about John?" Jesus said, "If I want him to wait till
I return, what do you care?"

I know that's not literal but, the promise of his return was implied to be eminent. How eminent? We have no choice but to wonder. As you have made me see, to wonder in this case is to be a scoffer. I guess we can all scoff as long as we don't let any one else hear. Is that what you mean?

Ben Masada

you are saying there is only ONE way to destroy the earth?

I guess you like to put God in a box

++

No. What I mean is that, "Of the size of the Flood" I am pointing to the almost totality of Mankind and not the destruction by waters. So, neither by water nor by any other mean, Mankind will never be destroyed as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord forever. That's all.(Jer. 31:35-37)

Ben Masada

Translated: You've not studied the type/anti type re. Joseph, in Genesis.

You are dismissed.

I have studied the Philosophy of type and ante-type but, here in the case of Joseph versus Jesus, one must be intoxicated with Christian preconceived notions to see what you do.

john w

Hall of Fame
3 - Jesus would not contradict the Prophets who say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20

That is deceitful on your part, as you continue to "argue" this point, it is answered, but then you go into your "Alfred E. Neuman" act("What, me worry?"), or your "Wizard of Oz" act("Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"), i.e., you are not an honest seeker, but one who has an unteacheable "spirit."

You are not here to present an argument, but to "prove" that you are right, not able to be convinced. therefore, "....Neither do I tell you....."(survey Mark 11 KJV).

http://theologyonline.com/forums//showthread.php?p=4155199

Post #416

Jer. 31 KJV
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

dying for your sin = teeth set on edge
sin=eaten/ing sour grapes
dying for your sin = teeth are set on edge.

Thus, the point:children will not die for their parents' sins, but their own.

Same context in Ez. 18:KJV:

1 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,

2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

3 As I live, saith the Lord God, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.

4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 John 2:28 KJV - 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

john w

Hall of Fame
I know that's not literal but, the promise of his return was implied to be eminent. How eminent? We have no choice but to wonder. As you have made me see, to wonder in this case is to be a scoffer. I guess we can all scoff as long as we don't let any one else hear. Is that what you mean?

Deceit. Many times events are "pegged" as "eminent," "soon," near," "at hand,"........................but were fulfilled hundreds/thousands of years later.

Sit down, scoffer. You are engaging in dishonesty. My evidence? Your posts.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
My point is that, since Paul juxtaposed "walking by faith" with "walking by sight," obviously he meant that to walk by faith, one walks in the dark of the night...
:dizzy:

"2 Co 5:7 The Christian can hope for a heaven he has not seen. He does so by believing what Scripture says about it and living by that belief (see note on Heb. 11:1; cf. John 20:29)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1770). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

john w

Hall of Fame
I have studied the Philosophy of type and ante-type but, here in the case of Joseph versus Jesus, one must be intoxicated with Christian preconceived notions to see what you do.

No, you have not. My evidence? Your "posts."

"preconceived notions"=sound byte cliche, serving as your "Hail Mary"

Weighty. Sit.

Ben Masada

:dizzy:

"2 Co 5:7 The Christian can hope for a heaven he has not seen. He does so by believing what Scripture says about it and living by that belief (see note on Heb. 11:1; cf. John 20:29)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1770). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Why focus on the reward of a heaven in order to do good? That's akin to treats given to dogs to perform well. Plato said in his book "The Dialogues" that the reward of virtue must be virtue itself.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Ben, Why have not addressed Acts 1:11

My point is not that Jesus will return but when. He said in John 21:22 that he would return even before John died. What happened? It has been more than 2,000 years and not even a call he hasn't made to renew his promise.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
My point is not that Jesus will return but when. He said in John 21:22 that he would return even before John died. What happened? It has been more than 2,000 years and not even a call he has made to renew his promise.

Do you believe that the book promises a messiah, the Messiah, the Christ, a deliverer?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Jesus will never return.

False.

A poster once told me that, in his opinion, the Second Coming of Jesus would happen only when--through entirely natural causes--our planet be on the verge of destruction, and not before.
I would like to see his theory on that, the all of it being by natural causes, since its way more than that.

Well, I said, I am glad to hear that because, in that case, Jesus will never come because, soon after the Flood the Lord promised Noah that He would never again allow another universal destruction to destroy Mankind as long as the natural laws function properly. (Gen. 8:21,22)
Actually God promised never to flood the world again, and promised that He would never again destroy all living things.

Jeremiah read that text and said that as long as the natural laws function properly Israel will never cease as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36) Verse says nothing of 'natural law and it isnt speaking of natural law.

Jesus must have read those two texts; the one of Genesis and that of Jeremiah and completed the info that salvation comes from the Jews as he mean universal catastrophe. (John 4:22)
Verse deals with promised Messiah coming to His people.

Abraham went further and said that as long as there is a minyan of ten righteous, universal destruction would not happen. (Gen. 18:32) After all this, do you still think Jesus will need to come back? Hardly!

Yes, Jesus needs to come back, He promised He would, and the jews still havent received Him as Messiah, but they will.

God does all He proclaims.

Mocking You

My point is not that Jesus will return but when.

Looks at thread title--"Jesus Will Never Return"

Huh, strange way of stating that he will return, the only question is when...

He said in John 21:22 that he would return even before John died. What happened? It has been more than 2,000 years and not even a call he has made to renew his promise.

Wow. Jesus didn't say he would return before John died. He said if he wanted to return before John died, why would Peter care?

John 21:20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

Noticed you didn't address Bright's point about Acts 1:11.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My point is not that Jesus will return but when. He said in John 21:22 that he would return even before John died. What happened? It has been more than 2,000 years and not even a call he has made to renew his promise.

You don't seem to be able to read very well.

John 21:22-23 Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!" 23 Therefore this saying went out among the brethren that that disciple would not die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but only, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you?"…

In other words, we don't know when John died or would die and it doesn't say Jesus would be back before-so.

If you always read scripture that badly, no wonder you don't understand it and make statements that are out there.

Ben Masada

Do you believe that the book promises a messiah, the Messiah, the Christ, a deliverer?

Yes, I do. Since you did not mention which book, I found in the book of Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord.

Ben Masada

1 - False.

2 - I would like to see his theory on that, the all of it being by natural causes, since its way more than that.

3 - Actually God promised never to flood the world again, and promised that He would never again destroy all living things.

4 - Jeremiah read that text and said that as long as the natural laws function properly Israel will never cease as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36) Verse says nothing of 'natural law and it isnt speaking of natural law.

5 - Verse deals with promised Messiah coming to His people.

6 - Yes, Jesus needs to come back, He promised He would, and the jews still havent received Him as Messiah, but they will.

God does all He proclaims.

1 - False!!! Are you sure? Take a look at John 21:22. When Jesus asked Peter if he loved him and said follow me, Peter asked about John and Jesus said, "If I want him to stay till I return, what do you care?" From here, we can see that Jesus' return would be eminent. What happened? It has been over 2,000 years and Jesus hasn't even called to renew the waiting period for his return.

2 - I don't see the problem to take natural causes as signs for Jesus' return.

3 - God promised never to destroy the world again AS He had done with the Flood. He did not mention with waters.

4 - Angel, have mercy on me! The sun lighting the day, the moon and stars lighting the night, the stir of the seas and the roar of the waves are not they part of natural laws? BTW, if you read Jer. 31:36 in the NAB, the text speaks clearly: "If the natural laws give way or (cease) than Israel will cease as a People before Me forever."

5 - The concept of a "coming Messiah" is a reference to the return of the Jews from exile to the Land of Israel.

6 - Don't worry about us, Angel. Jesus' return will only prove that we have failed and Jews don't like to fail.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, I do. Since you did not mention which book, I found in the book of Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord.

"Do you believe that the book promises a messiah, the Messiah, the Christ, a deliverer?"-saint John W

Ben: above.

Did He already come? Yes? When?

No? When is He to come?

Vs.

"The concept of a "coming Messiah" is a reference to the return of the Jews from exile to the Land of Israel. "-Ben

Only those that are bullish on straight jackets, would "argue" that, ie., it is an event, not a person.

Vs.

Wait...it is a person...

"Since you did not mention which book, I found in the book of Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord."-Ben

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
1 - False!!! Are you sure? Take a look at John 21:22. When Jesus asked Peter if he loved him and said follow me, Peter asked about John and Jesus said, "If I want him to stay till I return, what do you care?" From here, we can see that Jesus' return would be eminent. What happened? It has been over 2,000 years and Jesus hasn't even called to renew the waiting period for his return.

Already explained. You cant read.

2 - I don't see the problem to take natural causes as signs for Jesus'
return.
The problem is that you miss other things and the biggest thing, we are separated from Him in sin and need Him as Savior. He is coming back to restore all that has been lost as He promised, and God does not lie.

3 - God promised never to destroy the world again AS He had done with the Flood. He did not mention with waters.

You don't know the scriptures.

Genesis 9:11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

4 - Angel, have mercy on me! The sun lighting the day, the moon and stars lighting the night, the stir of the sea and the roar of the waves are not part of natural laws? BTW, if you read Jer. 31:36 in the NAB, the text speaks openly, "If the natural laws give way or (cease) than Israel will cease as a People before Me forever."

There are more than just natural laws in play, you miss that part.

5 - The concept of a "coming Messiah" is a reference to the return of the Jews from exile to the Land of Israel.
:rotfl: Even your own rabbis would not state such a thing, as they wait for the appearance of Messiah even today.

6 - Don't worry about us my Angel. Jesus' return will only prove that we have failed and Jews don't like to fail.

Actually it will unite you all to God again, but you could have that today. Messiah has come, believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.