Jesus Will Never Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

If you are investigating the Bible to see if Jesus was married you can know that the Bible does not say Jesus was married.

Does it say that he was NOT married? Show me. Do evidences point to the fact that he was NOT married? Show me. Thank you.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

2 Peter 3

1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Nothing Jewish about this text above. Since Peter was Jewish, he did not write it. The language is too Pauline to doubt that he was the writer.

jzeidler

If Jesus was married why didn't Paul or any of the other apostles use his marriage as an analogy when they were talking about marriage?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's exactly what I need. Why should you take so long to comply? Show me the indications that Jesus was NOT married.

Where is the burden of proof? You want me to prove Jesus was not married, whereas if He were you would be proving He was. But your evidence doesn't prove He was. In fact it in no way even implies that this was the case.

Was it true that Jesus was married? Jesus was a Jew, yes. But that does not mean He was married. Not all Jews are married, just as not all people are married.

If the Bible said Jesus was married or Jesus was not married, that would be the end of it. But since it does not we cannot prove by any logic or reason, based on the text of scripture, that He was.

And the scriptures are the definitive source on the life of Jesus.

Interplanner

More to the point, why didn't Paul mention this in the paragraph about whether to 'take a long a believing wife' and say something like 'like Christ himself did?'
I Cor 9:5

Ben Masada

If Jesus was married why didn't Paul or any of the other apostles use his marriage as an analogy when they were talking about marriage?

Paul did not touch the subject of Jesus having been married because he didn't want to be charged with not giving himself a good example as a follower of Jesus. He knew he couldn't for being a different kind of man. Then, a Jew did not have to be mentioned as a married Jew because rather the unusual would be for a Jew not to be married.

Ben Masada

More to the point, why didn't Paul mention this in the paragraph about whether to 'take a long a believing wife' and say something like 'like Christ himself did?'
I Cor 9:5

Because he would be liable to criticism for making of himself an exception to the rule. He preferred to live with Barnabas another Hellenistic bachelor. (Acts 11:25,26)

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Where is the burden of proof? You want me to prove Jesus was not married, whereas if He were you would be proving He was. But your evidence doesn't prove He was. In fact it in no way even implies that this was the case.

Was it true that Jesus was married? Jesus was a Jew, yes. But that does not mean He was married. Not all Jews are married, just as not all people are married.

If the Bible said Jesus was married or Jesus was not married, that would be the end of it. But since it does not we cannot prove by any logic or reason, based on the text of scripture, that He was.

And the scriptures are the definitive source on the life of Jesus.

The problem here is not with the burden of proof. If you read my post about the wedding of Jesus in Cana of Galilee, I have given enough evidences that Jesus was a married man. You insist that he was NOT married. I am not asking for proof but for an evidential statement to that effect that he was NOT married.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The problem here is not with the burden of proof. If you read my post about the wedding of Jesus in Cana of Galilee, I have given enough evidences that Jesus was a married man. You insist that he was NOT married. I am not asking for proof but for an evidential statement to that effect that he was NOT married.

Are you saying by your logic that all Jewish men are married?

Again, the difference between you and me is that you are trying to prove that Jesus was married while I am saying I have no proof that He was.

If we are both to prove opposite things, we cannot both be correct. It may be that neither of us can prove it. When you presented your evidence, it did not prove what you said it proves.

I believe every indication is that He was not married. I would either want to prove He was single or not married. But if I cannot prove it that doesn't mean that you can prove what you want to prove.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Are you saying by your logic that all Jewish men are married?

Again, the difference between you and me is that you are trying to prove that Jesus was married while I am saying I have no proof that He was.

If we are both to prove opposite things, we cannot both be correct. It may be that neither of us can prove it. When you presented your evidence, it did not prove what you said it proves.

I believe every indication is that He was not married. I would either want to prove He was single or not married. But if I cannot prove it that doesn't mean that you can prove what you want to prove.

Okay, this issue is smelling bad already. Let's call the quits and each one of us stays with his own view: You believe that Jesus was not married and I believe that he was.

According to you, Jesus would hang around with 12 guys, calling one of them his beloved. Do you find that preferable than to think of him married with a woman? I would feel embarrassed to think of him as a Jew. But that's okay. It is your choice.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay, this issue is smelling bad already. Let's call the quits and each one of us stays with his own view: You believe that Jesus was not married and I believe that he was.

According to you, Jesus would hang around with 12 guys, calling one of them his beloved. Do you find that preferable than to think of him married with a woman? I would feel embarrassed to think of him as a Jew. But that's okay. It is your choice.

You are just blinded by your view. The scriptures are true. I hope you have good friends. Jesus had more than that with a ministry.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

You are just blinded by your view. The scriptures are true. I hope you have good friends. Jesus had more than that with a ministry.

"The scriptures are true!" What scriptures are you talking about? If it is the NT, even Jesus never dreamed such scriptures would ever rise. Jesus' Scriptures was the Tanach. What is true about the NT if I ask from the side of Jesus who was a Jew?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"The scriptures are true!" What scriptures are you talking about? If it is the NT, even Jesus never dreamed such scriptures would ever rise. Jesus' Scriptures was the Tanach. What is true about the NT if I ask from the side of Jesus who was a Jew?
All scripture, the entire Bible, is true. But you were presenting about the miracle Jesus performed.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
He already came back 2 Millenia ago

He already came back 2 Millenia ago

Jesus will never return.

A poster once told me that, in his opinion, the Second Coming of Jesus would happen only when--through entirely natural causes--our planet be on the verge of destruction, and not before.

Well, I said, I am glad to hear that because, in that case, Jesus will never come because, soon after the Flood the Lord promised Noah that He would never again allow another universal destruction to destroy Mankind as long as the natural laws function properly. (Gen. 8:21,22)

Jeremiah read that text and said that as long as the natural laws function properly Israel will never cease as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36)

Jesus must have read those two texts; the one of Genesis and that of Jeremiah and completed the info that salvation comes from the Jews as he mean universal catastrophe. (John 4:22)

Abraham went further and said that as long as there is a minyan of ten righteous, universal destruction would not happen. (Gen. 18:32) After all this, do you still think Jesus will need to come back? Hardly!
God will destroy the world, if there is another holocaust. The next holocaust will be nuclear; and Islam will be its victim.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Because he would be liable to criticism for making of himself an exception to the rule. He preferred to live with Barnabas another Hellenistic bachelor. (Acts 11:25,26)
I don't know if Barnabas and Paul had women to put it bluntly as literal as the bible, but Paul seems to have adopted Timothy. Anti-family teaching comes from Catholic Church a lot. They pretend the priests aren't married in a special way, and that losing virginity is a sexual activity. [First off,] guys don't have it to lose anyway, while women don't feel anything, til they lose it.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
When Jesus did not return as promised after he was crucified (in the sky with angels and trumpets above the Mount of Olives) the date of his return got moved ahead further and further.

History is full of those Christians who earnestly predicted and believed that Jesus would return soon.

By the way, if Jesus does return shortly after my comment is written, then do not believe what I am saying...

Ben Masada

All scripture, the entire Bible, is true. But you were presenting about the miracle Jesus performed.

Not even a quote but, I am sure you are referring to Paul. Of course, he had to include his own scripture to equate in holiness with the Tanach; even to replace the Tanach if you read Heb. 8:13. Sorry to rain on your parade because Jesus would have never acknowledged the NT as true if it existed at his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.