Jesus Will Never Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Masada

God will destroy the world, if there is another holocaust. The next holocaust will be nuclear; and Islam will be its victim.

I am glad you understand Gen. 8:21,22; Jer. 31:35-37; and John 4:22 as all three texts are somehow connected to each other in that chain of sequence. Yea, I also believe that if a nuclear holocaust happens and all Jews are destroyed throughout the world down to less than a Minyan of Ten, the whole world will have to go to the birds. That's why the Lord approves the Diaspora as necessary for the existence of Mankind. His Word cannot fail.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Marriage isn't ideal for all persons. There are some things which aren't needed when saving Israel.

I am aware of that and I totally agree with you, but for a Jew in the First Century, save exceptions, it was a must. Young Jews would dream the whole of their youth for the time to take a wife and father children. Young ladies on the other hand would dream their whole life in preparation to be taken and be the fulfillment of a young man's commandment to take a wife and to cleave to her by becoming with her of one flesh. (Gen. 2:24)

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

I don't know if Barnabas and Paul had women to put it bluntly as literal as the bible, but Paul seems to have adopted Timothy. Anti-family teaching comes from Catholic Church a lot. They pretend the priests aren't married in a special way, and that losing virginity is a sexual activity. One guys don't have it to lose anyway, while women don't feel anything, til they lose it.

No, Paul and Barnabas were not married. Both were Hellenists from Greek cities. Paul from Tarsus in the Cilicia and Barnabas from Cyprus. If you read I Cor. 7:1, Paul used to teach that it was good for a man not to touch a woman; and in verse 7 he said that he wish that all men were like him free of a wife. Therefore, to the unmarried and widower, his advice was that they abode as he was, without a wife. (v.8) Then in verse 27 he asked, "Are you free from a wife, seek not a wife."

Now, imagine, Paul and Barnabas together, teaching such an anti-marriage doctrine, what could happen? Exactly what happened in Antioch if you read Acts 13:50. The Jews stirred up the devout and honorable women and the chief men of the city and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas and expelled them both out of their town. I couldn't blame them. Mothers preparing their daughters to be married and these two bachelors forbidding men to marry them! What could be expected for a reaction?

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

When Jesus did not return as promised after he was crucified (in the sky with angels and trumpets above the Mount of Olives) the date of his return got moved ahead further and further.

History is full of those Christians who earnestly predicted and believed that Jesus would return soon.

By the way, if Jesus does return shortly after my comment is written, then do not believe what I am saying...

Aikido, the return of Jesus was not a thing of Christians talking about and the date for some reason moving ahead further and further. The guy who wrote the gospel attributed to John reported Jesus himself implying that Jesus would return before the generation of his apostles was over. (John 21:22) Who or what in your opinion has been causing the date to move further and further? I hate to rain on your parade but Jesus will never return. I have two witnesses to prove my rain on your parade: The Tanach and time that is running and noting is happening. Two thousand years is not the same as two thousand days or months.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

In Mk 13 Jesus told the parable of the attentive servants; the Master, it says, might return at any of 4 possible times.

"Might return!" Might return is not good enough to rekindle the candle of hope for his return. No wonder some Christians are loosing it altogether. The Scriptures of Jesus says in several places that he will never return but faith seems to be the last thing to go. What could be more sweet than illusion?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Ben Masada,

Don't lose hope. Jesus will return quite soon, after all of our waiting. Two thousand years was a big part of it. That much time had to occur first. After Jesus returns, the devil will be locked up for 1,000 years. After 1,000 years the devil will be let loose again on a new mankind made up of those who didn't learn their lessons while they were alive during this generation. It's all quite lengthy and intricate to explain. Hopefully, this will give you hope. It is VERY Soon!!! You just have to look around and see the signs. There is a fourth blood red moon to happen this year on another Jewish holy day. Have faith.

God Be With You,

Michael

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Dear Ben Masada,

Don't lose hope. Jesus will return quite soon, after all of our waiting. Two thousand years was a big part of it. That much time had to occur first. After Jesus returns, the devil will be locked up for 1,000 years. After 1,000 years the devil will be let loose again on a new mankind made up of those who didn't learn their lessons while they were alive during this generation. It's all quite lengthy and intricate to explain. Hopefully, this will give you hope. It is VERY Soon!!! You just have to look around and see the signs. There is a fourth blood red moon to happen this year on another Jewish holy day. Have faith.

God Be With You,

Michael

Michael, hold on! What are you talking about! I am not the one desperate here that Jesus is taking so long to return. The opposite is rather true that, according to the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism, Jesus can never return for it is written that once dead no one can ever return. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21) I am rather serving as a consolation to those whose faith is failing them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not even a quote but, I am sure you are referring to Paul. Of course, he had to include his own scripture to equate in holiness with the Tanach; even to replace the Tanach if you read Heb. 8:13. Sorry to rain on your parade because Jesus would have never acknowledged the NT as true if it existed at his time.
Why do you think the Tanach is the old covenant?

The Bible is the word of God, all 66 books

We already looked at the passage about Jesus and the miracle of turning water to wine.

The scriptures are referred to in the New Testament writings. For example, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB.
The Bible is the word of God. This first involves the TaNaKh meaning the Hebrew Bible. These writings are the holy scriptures or sacred scriptures.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

1 - Why do you think the Tanach is the old covenant?

2 - The Bible is the word of God, all 66 books.

3 - We already looked at the passage about Jesus and the miracle of turning water to wine.

4 - The scriptures are referred to in the New Testament writings. For example, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NASB.

1 - Because the Prophets speak of a New Covenant made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Jer. 31:31) But the only thing new is on the method of observance. The agenda remains the same as in the Old Covenant.

2 - The Bible as the Word of God is composed of 49 books aka all the books of the Tanach. If Jesus, for some obvious reasons could not consider the NT as the Word of God, so we cannot count it as the Word of God.

3 - That's according to John. According to the other gospel writers Jesus was in the desert being tempted to turn stone into bread and not water into wine.

4 - The scriptures according to the gospel of Paul. I am talking about the gospel of Jesus which was Judaism.

Ben Masada

If the gospel of Jesus was Judaism, what did the leaders take his life for?

For the life of a Rabbi and Master. Even Pharisees would address to him as Rabbi and master. (John 3:1,2) What did you expect them to make of him, a son of God? That's not how Jews operate. Only Paul and the likes of him went for the Greek idolatry to make of him the son of God. (Acts 9:20) The problem is that Jesus died too young. He did not have the chance even to become a senior Rabbi with a Yeshiva just like the other Pharisees.

Interplanner

BenM,
my question was not 'what did they think of his career?' It was: why did they kill him if not differences from majority Judaism?

RevTestament

God will destroy the world, if there is another holocaust. The next holocaust will be nuclear; and Islam will be its victim.

Nuclear holocaust would destroy the world and prophecy would be left unfulfilled, hence is a false prophecy....

In the other news dept, I recall a thread claiming you had died, which seems to have disappeared. What was the deal with that?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Even Pharisees would address to him as Rabbi and master. (John 3:1,2) What did you expect them to make of him, a son of God? That's not how Jews operate. Only Paul and the likes of him went for the Greek idolatry to make of him the son of God. (Acts 9:20) The problem is that Jesus died too young. He did not have the chance even to become a senior Rabbi with a Yeshiva just like the other Pharisees.

The apostle Paul came to understand that Jesus was the promised Messiah (Ac 9:4–9).

See:

The Canon Test: A Study in the Divine authority of the Work of God by Eric Ludy

Ben Masada

BenM,
my question was not 'what did they think of his career?' It was: why did they kill him if not differences from majority Judaism?

Interplanner, the Jews did not kill Jesus. Jesus was killed by the Romans and, it seems obvious that you prefer the same lie used by the Fathers of the Church in the 4th Century to transfer the blame on the death of Jesus from the Romans to the Jews because Emperor Constantine wanted to make of Christianity the official religion of Rome and that stain seemed to be on the way. I wonder why Anti-Semitism has to be so sweet. Because of this lie by the Church, even up to the millions of Jews have been murdered by the Church through pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and last but not least, the Holocaust. No wonder, talking to a crowd of Jews, from the Sermon of the Mount Jesus blessed them with the words, "Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake." (Mat. 5:11) See what you are contributing for the sake of Jesus? I am sure you could do much better than that!

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Nuclear holocaust would destroy the world and prophecy would be left unfulfilled, hence is a false prophecy....

In the other news dept, I recall a thread claiming you had died, which seems to have disappeared. What was the deal with that?

Well, I guess we ought to wait and see this nuclear holocaust to prove that the prophecy was false.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

The apostle Paul came to understand that Jesus was the promised Messiah (Ac 9:4–9).

See:

The Canon Test: A Study in the Divine authority of the Work of God by Eric Ludy

Really! What did Jesus do for Paul to understand that he was the Messiah? Care to elaborate? Because what I have is that Paul revealed the secret to his disciple Timothy that Jesus was the Messiah according to the gospel he, Paul, was preaching. (II Tim. 2:8) It means that there must have been another gospel at the time in which this item of Paul's gospel was not preached by.

Interplanner

Interplanner, the Jews did not kill Jesus. Jesus was killed by the Romans and, it seems obvious that you prefer the same lie used by the Fathers of the Church in the 4th Century to transfer the blame on the death of Jesus from the Romans to the Jews because Emperor Constantine wanted to make of Christianity the official religion of Rome and that stain seemed to be on the way. I wonder why Anti-Semitism has to be so sweet. Because of this lie by the Church, even up to the millions of Jews have been murdered by the Church through pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and last but not least, the Holocaust. No wonder, talking to a crowd of Jews, from the Sermon of the Mount Jesus blessed them with the words, "Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake." (Mat. 5:11) See what you are contributing for the sake of Jesus? I am sure you could do much better than that!

Caiaphas thought that it would be better if he died than for the nation to perish; Caiaphas was trying to save the relationship with Rome, Jn 12 and 18.

In the divine scheme and the message of the Gospel, it does not matter which tribe or ethnos put him to death, but yes, in the details of that week, the leaders sought it, and the crowd at the Praetorium wanted it. Judas also wanted money, so he had a bit piece. Pilate turned the question to the crowd rather than answer it himself.

The apostles taught that the people of Israel wanted it, but that God knew they acted in ignorance. This underscored that all mankind has sinned--has participated in the death of Christ--but also that all mankind can be blessed by it, because it was an atoning sacrifice for all sin.

At first it seems impossible, but it was a standard teaching of the apostles that 'if the rulers of this age had understood God's wisdom, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.' I Cor 2:8.

You're quite right about the crass use of this in the medieval era. It piled insult onto injury. By injury, I mean that since most of Israel did not join in the Christian mission in that first generation, the zealots influenced enough people to try to succeed in a freedom fight against Rome, an abject failure. As far as I know, Luke-Acts was written (partly) to show that Paul had nothing to do with the zealots. Luke traveled with Paul after a certain point in his first trip, and was his chronicler, and Theophilus (mentioned in the intro to each document) was going to represent Paul in hearings in Rome.

I have studied this topic at the master's level at Regent College, Canada, and spent a year or term translating THE JEWISH WAR by Josephus.

Ben Masada

Jesus Will Never Return

Caiaphas thought that it would be better if he died than for the nation to perish; Caiaphas was trying to save the relationship with Rome, Jn 12 and 18.

Would you please provide me with the quote that Caiaphas said what you claim above? I mean chapter and verse and not two chapters.

In the divine scheme and the message of the Gospel, it does not matter which tribe or ethnos put him to death, but yes, in the details of that week, the leaders sought it, and the crowd at the Praetorium wanted it. Judas also wanted money, so he had a bit piece. Pilate turned the question to the crowd rather than answer it himself.

That's not a description of Pilate. According to Josephus, Pilate did not behave that way. It did not mean to Pilate how many Jews he had to crucify, since as many they were it would satisfy him better.

The apostles taught that the people of Israel wanted it, but that God knew they acted in ignorance. This underscored that all mankind has sinned--has participated in the death of Christ--but also that all mankind can be blessed by it, because it was an atoning sacrifice for all sin.

How about the Prophets whose words Jesus came to confirm down to the letter? (Mat. 5:17-19) They said that no one could die to atone for the sins of any one else. Don't you believe the Prophets? (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

At first it seems impossible, but it was a standard teaching of the apostles that 'if the rulers of this age had understood God's wisdom, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.' I Cor 2:8.

Paul was a liar and Jesus' words in Mat. 5:11 did apply to him for falsely accusing the Jews with the death of Jesus.

You're quite right about the crass use of this in the medieval era. It piled insult onto injury. By injury, I mean that since most of Israel did not join in the Christian mission in that first generation, the zealots influenced enough people to try to succeed in a freedom fight against Rome, an abject failure.

And you are making things worse by reminding the zealots of today that the Jews did kill Jesus which is not true at all. (Mat. 5:11)

As far as I know, Luke-Acts was written (partly) to show that Paul had nothing to do with the zealots. Luke traveled with Paul after a certain point in his first trip, and was his chronicler, and Theophilus (mentioned in the intro to each document) was going to represent Paul in hearings in Rome.

Which never happened as Caesar gave no chance to Paul to present his defense. After two years in Rome he died in his own house arrest.

I have studied this topic at the master's level at Regent College, Canada, and spent a year or term translating THE JEWISH WAR by Josephus.

Oh! So you know that Pilate would never consult the Jews regarding the crucifixion of one of them. But, as you know that not every one reads Josephus, you threw in your coin in favor of Pilate. Not fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.