Jesus is YHWH

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't get the point of the verses. Is Jesus good? If He is who does that make Him?

Right, the Scripture says that He was without sin.

He said, "Which one of you convicts me of sin?"

The Lord Jesus was without sin, which means He did nothing bad, therefore He is good and He is GOD.

marhig

Referring to John 17:3? If so, continue reading through John 17:5

John 17:4-5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Straight away there, we can see that Jesus had been given work from the father and finished it, in the Bible we can see that Jesus says that he was sent by the father, and that he came to do his will and not his own.

Jesus isn't God!

Also you talk about Jesus being glorified, that doesn't make him God.

John 17:21

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Jesus was without sin, which means He did nothing bad, therefore He is good and He is GOD.

Is the gift of God (eternal life) a gift or did Jesus earn it?

No one is God until THE God says so.

marhig

Jesus was God which he surrendered for the sake of humanity.

Scripture says he was made flesh and dwelt with humans.

But he was born of the Spirit as a God person.

Ah right, I don't believe that Jesus is the Almighty God in any way, there is only one Almighty God and that's the Father and he is the God of Jesus Christ too.

marhig

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." (Luke 18:19 NASB)

"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone." Luke 18:19 NET)

"Why callest thou me good? None is good, save one, that is, God." (Luke 16:19 KJV)

"Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." (Luke 18:19 RSV)

How many true Gods are there?

Hint: There is only one true God so don't try to make Jesus a false God.

Again, there is only one Most High, he is God.

Being a God person doesn't make one THE God.

Nope, not THE God.
Not I'm confused, I thought you just said he was God? Now he's not? I'm a bit lost.

marhig

Right, the Scripture says that He was without sin.

He said, "Which one of you convicts me of sin?"

Jesus also said that without the father he could do nothing, and that the father was greater than he.

This Jesus isn't God!

glorydaz

How many true Gods are there?

Hint: There is only one true God so don't try to make Jesus a false God.

Again, there is only one Most High, he is God.

Being a God person doesn't make one THE God.

Nope, not THE God.

You say don't do it, and then you do it. :think:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is the gift of God (eternal life) a gift or did Jesus earn it?

No one is God until THE God says so.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

No comprende?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not I'm confused, I thought you just said he was God? Now he's not? I'm a bit lost.

Christ was God, but became flesh and blood and now he is restored to God.

God is a type of person just like humans are a type of person.

This is not difficult. Don't make it difficult.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus also said that without the father he could do nothing, and that the father was greater than he.

This Jesus isn't God!

Php 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
-NASB

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

No comprende?

Jesus had God's Spirit and was a manifestation of the Father, but he was not the Father.

We have God's Spirit and are a manifestation of the Father, but we are not the Father.

glorydaz

This Jesus isn't God!

Really? So God becoming flesh makes Him no longer God?

You are seeing our Lord speaking in his humanity.

How can you possibly not see He did not cease being God when He became flesh to dwell among us? Emmanuel...God with us.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are not the "manifestation" of the Father. :doh:

"Then the LORD God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever'" (Genesis 3:22)

Have you partaken of the tree of life? Are you like God?

marhig

Sure it does. Jesus is the first of many.

God is One ... E Pluribus Unum.
No because those who belong to him are glorified, and his church aren't God!

John 17:22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Even just reading Jesus' prayer John 17 shows me that Jesus isn't God.

And your right God is one, and he's the father and you can't get any clearer to show this than the verses below.

1 Corinthians 8

But to us*there is but*one God, the Father, of whom*are*all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom*are*all things, and we by him.

But I would have you know that the head of every man in Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3).

And that is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, but to us there is but one God, the Father of whom are all things and we in him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things and we by him. (1 Corinthians 8:4-6 KJV)

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:6 KJV)

John 7:16

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Life eternal is this to know thee the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.(John 17:1-3 KJV)

I cannot see how anyone can say that Jesus is God when they read the above verses?

marhig

Christ was God, but became flesh and blood and now he is restored to God.

God is a type of person just like humans are a type of person.

This is not difficult. Don't make it difficult.

Well he can't have God at any time seeing as he came to submit the will of God.

God is Spirit, not a person .

marhig

Php 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
Php 2:6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
-NASB

And he certainly was in the form of God, because he was in the express image of God. He was dead to his flesh and he was in the fullness of God by the power of the Holy Spirit, never sinning and denying his will to do the will of God, who is also his God and father. Jesus even said that the father had given him power over all flesh, thus showing us that the father is God.