Jesus is YHWH

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I understand what you are pointing out. You are a peacemaker extraordinaire.

Arianism tends to pull the victim card, but in the big scheme of things, all that teach Christ have experienced their share of retribution.

I do back Lon up on the Divinity and other matters, but I would say that I'm pointing out that the victim card is beneath you, because it is.

You don't need that argument to maintain your Unitarian course. I also note that you see the big picture and have humility in your belief.

For these reasons, I can assure you that this goes far deeper than backing up Lon and diminishing your perspective.

I used to hate that the Mother church took to the sword to defend the Divinity... but then I realized... what some people screw up, doesn't spoil a whole batch. Unless of-coarse, we were discussing the Leavening of the Pharisees.

All respect,

EE

9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ became mortal and plainly said he was not God.

Some people believe him and some don't.

:idunno:

marhig

While a better response than Nihilo lacking the ad hominem, the point is that "true believers" are willing to sacrifice their lives for what is important to them, the method (martyrdom is essentially suicide by cop) makes no difference.
Essentially, all "god theories", christianity more than any other, failed the BS test.

James and Stephen will have sacrificed their lives a long time before they were murdered. As did Jesus long before he was murdered.

Also, thanks for answering regarding your beliefs, but what could make you lose your faith? And what do you see so wrong in Christianity. I hope you don't mind me asking as I'm truly interested. Thanks again.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Book, chapter and verse please.

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." (Matthew 19:17)

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." (Luke 18:19)

Jesus claimed there is only one true God. Do you believe him?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Some people claim Jesus was God while he was yet in the flesh. Both Jesus and Paul said otherwise.

Jesus said people must be born of the Spirit into a Spirit body.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." (Matthew 19:17)

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." (Mark 10:18)

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." (Luke 18:19)

Jesus claimed there is only one true God. Do you believe him?

You don't get the point of the verses. Is Jesus good? If He is who does that make Him?

Silent Hunter

While a better response than Nihilo lacking the ad hominem, the point is that "true believers" are willing to sacrifice their lives for what is important to them, the method (martyrdom is essentially suicide by cop) makes no difference.
Essentially, all "god theories", christianity more than any other, failed the BS test.
James and Stephen will have sacrificed their lives a long time before they were murdered. As did Jesus long before he was murdered.
One man's just execution is another man's unjust murder. You haven't made your case how and why this isn't true.
Also, thanks for answering regarding your beliefs, but what could make you lose your faith?
It was a combination of things centered around the obvious fact (to anyone objectively paying attention) that christianity is no less BS than any other religion.
And what do you see so wrong in Christianity.
In a nutshell, too much hate disguised as "love". TOL has more than a few examples among its membershi.
I hope you don't mind me asking as I'm truly interested. Thanks again.
It's refreshing to see a christian who is honestly inquisitive over the hate filled trinitarian who are so common on TOL. :e4e:

marhig

Not when he said he wasn't.

Don't you believe what he said?
I don't believe that Jesus was ever God, it's clear in the Bible that Jesus isn't God and that God is his God also. But I can remember you saying that he was God when I said this. So I was wondering in what way you believe that he wasn't God yet he also was?

Maybe I've understood you wrong.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't get the point of the verses. Is Jesus good? If He is who does that make Him?

I gave you three scriptures where he asked why he was being called good in the context of God.

Jesus explained no one is good except God. This means humans are not good nor are they God.

However, Jesus was born of the Spirit as God and that is good.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave you three scriptures where he asked why he was being called good in the context of God.

Jesus explained no one is good except God. This means humans are not good nor are they God.

However, Jesus was born of the Spirit as God and that is good.

The point of the verses is to show you that Jesus is good and that He is God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't believe that Jesus was ever God, it's clear in the Bible that Jesus isn't God and that God is his God also. But I can remember you saying that he was God when I said this. So I was wondering in what way you believe that he wasn't God yet he also was?

Maybe I've understood you wrong.

Jesus was God which he surrendered for the sake of humanity.

Scripture says he was made flesh and dwelt with humans.

But he was born of the Spirit as a God person.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about Jesus saying that there is only one true God, the father, and that God is also his God?

Referring to John 17:3? If so, continue reading through John 17:5

John 17:4-5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The point of the verses is to show you that Jesus is good and that He is God.

"Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." (Luke 18:19 NASB)

"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone." Luke 18:19 NET)

"Why callest thou me good? None is good, save one, that is, God." (Luke 16:19 KJV)

"Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." (Luke 18:19 RSV)

How many true Gods are there?

Hint: There is only one true God so don't try to make Jesus a false God.

Again, there is only one Most High, he is God.

Being a God person doesn't make one THE God.

Nope, not THE God.

marhig

One man's just execution is another man's unjust murder. You haven't made your case how and why this isn't true.
It was a combination of things centered around the obvious fact (to anyone objectively paying attention) that christianity is no less BS than any other religion.
In a nutshell, too much hate disguised as "love". TOL has more than a few examples among its membershi.
It's refreshing to see a christian who is honestly inquisitive over the hate filled trinitarian who are so common on TOL. :e4e:

I'm different to many who believe in God, firstly I don't condemn another to hell, God loves all of us, you too. And my hope is for all to be with him one day. My uncle was an atheist and became a strong man of God, so who am i to condemn anyone. I'm not God, and only he knows the hearts of us all. Those who truly love God hate no-one, Jesus taught us that we are to love one another and even love those that hate us. So to hate another is wrong before God. Whoever they are, and we are forgiven as we forgive others.

I believe very differently to many who believe in Jesus, firstly, I don't believe that Jesus is God.
You'll probably see if you ever read any of my posts :) I'm of no denomination Jesus wasn't a denomination he is a way. Man has twisted God's word in all different ways to suit their religions, I believe in what Jesus taught, not as churches do.

Being executed is nothing like being a murderer. They both have completely different hearts.

You can ask me any questions if you ever want to..