Jesus is YHWH

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, what exactly is a God Person, in your mind?

A God person is a person born of the Spirit and who has an incorruptible Spirit body and immortality.

"For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now." (Romans 8:22)

Creation waits for our birth.

glorydaz

"Then the LORD God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever'" (Genesis 3:22)

Have you partaken of the tree of life? Are you like God?

Nothing there about our being the manifestation of the Father.

No, I am not like God, but our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh....he became flesh and dwelt among us.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
One man's just execution is another man's unjust murder. You haven't made your case how and why this isn't true.
It was a combination of things centered around the obvious fact (to anyone objectively paying attention) that christianity is no less BS than any other religion.
In a nutshell, too much hate disguised as "love". TOL has more than a few examples among its membershi.
It's refreshing to see a christian who is honestly inquisitive over the hate filled trinitarian who are so common on TOL. :e4e:
The hate filled Trinitarian loves you the most.

Idiot.

glorydaz

A God person is a person born of the Spirit and who has an incorruptible Spirit body and immortality.

"For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now." (Romans 8:22)

Creation waits for our birth.

It doesn't fit our Lord then. He came forth from God and came down from heaven.

You'd better either change your definition of give our Saviour another. :chew:

glorydaz

And he certainly was in the form of God, because he was in the express image of God. He was dead to his flesh and he was in the fullness of God by the power of the Holy Spirit, never sinning and denying his will to do the will of God, who is also his God and father. Jesus even said that the father had given him power over all flesh, thus showing us that the father is God.

You're filled with religious words but are without faith. If you deny Jesus is God you have no Saviour. Plain and simple.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The post above should read:

"My wife is a christian and believes in a deity similar to the one your imagination has constructed I suspect. Do you honestly believe I don't love her and respect the beliefs she holds dear? Really?"

I apologize for the confusion this has caused the more obtuse members of the audience.

:e4e:
Idiot. After posts of back and forth with you being stubborn and stupid, now you decide to actually think through what other user accounts were saying to you, and then you act like, Well, I didn't have to do this, and it's big of me to do it, I'll show you all how to be humble and respectful.

Loser!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing there about our being the manifestation of the Father.

"For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. But one testified in a certain place, saying:
What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
You have put all things in subjection under his feet.​

For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone." (Hebrews 2:5-9)

marhig

Really? So God becoming flesh makes Him no longer God?

You are seeing our Lord speaking in his humanity.

How can you possibly not see He did not cease being God when He became flesh to dwell among us? Emmanuel...God with us.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

God became flesh through Christ Jesus, God's word became flesh because Jesus only ever spoke whatever the father gave him to speak. It says in the Bible that God was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world into himself, Jesus was anointed of God. He was in the fullness of God bodily. The more we die to self, the more God is seen through us, Jesus was completely dead to his flesh, he had no fleshly nature whatsoever, he was in the express image of God.

Did you read those verses I quoted, they clearly show that Jesus isn't God!

marhig

You're filled with religious words but are without faith. If you deny Jesus is God you have no Saviour. Plain and simple.
Really? Show me the chapter and verse that says that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It doesn't fit our Lord then.

"Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." (Hebrews 2:17)

Was Jesus spiritually different from any of us?

glorydaz

I thought Marhig has said that the Resurrection really happened.

That isn't a litmus test for salvation, Nihilo. A person can believe that God raised Jesus from the dead while claiming He was merely a man. And that is what those who deny the Deity of Christ are doing.

Every cult out there would say that much.

glorydaz

"Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." (Hebrews 2:17)

Was Jesus spiritually different from any of us?

I'm certainly glad you have made it so clear that you are an unbeliever. :e4e:

glorydaz

Really? Show me the chapter and verse that says that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

Here is chapter and verse that says why you don't believe Jesus is God.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

You've been shown scripture that clearly say He created all things, and you're still blind?

Unless you can say, as Thomas did, "My Lord and my God", you have no Saviour. Plain and simple.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.​

marhig

That isn't a litmus test for salvation, Nihilo. A person can believe that God raised Jesus from the dead while claiming He was merely a man. And that is what those who deny the Deity of Christ are doing.

Every cult out there would say that much.
Jesus was flesh as we are, he was tempted as we are, yet without sin. God can't be tempted in any way whatsoever.

The difference between us and Jesus is he is the Christ, fully anointed of God because he put the will of God before himself. He always did what pleased the father and put himself last to bare witness to the truth. But he isn't the Almighty God. The verses I quoted show that clearly.