Jesus is God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Figure it out for yourself.

John 1:1 American Standard Version (ASV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 American Standard Version (ASV)

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

Aner

You, Greg, are not God, but Jesus is. No comparison.

Hi CC

Thanks for the follow-up.

Here is my confusion - the Word of God clearly, repeatedly and formally informs us that Jesus is a man. Are you aware of that (I assume you are)?

If so, I am assuming he can fully function independent of an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function. Is that assumption valid?

Aner

Figure it out for yourself.

John 1:1 American Standard Version (ASV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 American Standard Version (ASV)

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth.

What about the man Christ Jesus - can he fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function?

Aner

Are you born again? If so, you have the same Spirit indwelling you that Jessus had indwelling Him. Now, while on Earth, what did that make Him? What does it make you?

CR

Thanks for the follow-up. Just to clarify - based on your statements - can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function?

Thanks

Aner

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about the man Christ Jesus - can he fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function?

Philippians 2:7-8 American Standard Version (ASV)

7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.

Cross Reference

CR

Thanks for the follow-up. Just to clarify - based on your statements - can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function?

Thanks

Aner
That is exactly what He did and could only do to become what He is that we can call Him Savior and Lord. If God could have been Savior, why the man Jesus? These are things that need to be thought through for our understanding that we might press on into the knowing of God as He desires i.e., to become brothers, "heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus".

Being a Christian is no cakewalk. Jesus showed us that. It is serious business that most definitely will affect our future and possibly many others we come in contact with..

What a privilege we have . . . like no one in any other civilization has ever enjoyed.

keypurr

I suggest that not being considered Christian, doesn't mean one is outside Christ. I'm certain that this is not what CC meant, but I add this to that idea.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary
He gave a nasty personal uncalled for remark.

I disagree with his church without making it personal.

Don't make excuses for him.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Jesus is not God the father. Scripture is very clear in separating the two.

John 14:23 American Standard Version (ASV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
I believe he also said if you believe in God believe in me.

That means he said he is not God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Aner

Philippians 2:7-8 American Standard Version (ASV)

7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.

BR -

I understand this text to have nothing to do with an incarnated deity - but simply states that Jesus was a man - nothing more or nothing less. Is that what you believe?

Aner

That is exactly what He did and could only do to become what He is that we can call Him Savior and Lord. If God could have been Savior, why the man Jesus? These are things that need to be thought through for our understanding that we might press on into the knowing of God as He desires i.e., to become brothers, "heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus".

Being a Christian is no cakewalk. Jesus showed us that. It is serious business that most definitely will affect our future and possibly many others we come in contact with..

What a privilege we have . . . like no one in any other civilization has ever enjoyed.

CR

If I understand right - you are saying that the man Christ Jesus fully function independent of the God Christ Jesus - is that right?

Thanks
Aner

lifeisgood

You are bearing false witness against me.

I have said many times that God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit all exist at the same time.

I do not know your worldly beliefs about PPS.

I only speak about God's Truth.

You say that the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit is the same person; therefore, you deny the Second Person of the Godhead the honor due Him.

It matters not that you, gt, deny you are ONEness, but you are.

lifeisgood

Bs"d

Where is that written in the Bible?

Spoiler
"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible
Spoiler

I, a gentile, don't even need the NT to show me that:

The Sanctuary Unlocks the Mystery of the Gospel
The Sanctuary Unlocks the Mystery of Death
The Sanctuary Unlocks the Mystery of the Second Coming
The Sanctuary Unlocks the Mystery of Heaven
The Sanctuary Unlocks the Mystery of Hell

You, a non-gentile, do not believe your own Tanach.

You are a very religious man, Elia, but very UNsaved exactly as the ones who demanded that Jesus the Christ, the Suffering Servant, the Obedient Servant, the one who came to give to Israel the Kingdom, be crucified because He did NOT fit Israel's desire of God's Savior.