Jesus is God.

Elia

You can also read about the triunity of the Godhead in Isaiah 42:1 and Isaiah 61:1

Bs"d

Isaiah 42:1 "“Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles."

It is probably my limited eye sight, but I don't see here anywhere anything that says that God is a "triunity".

Isaiah 61:1 "“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;"

Also here no "triunity"

You are making up stories and peddling lies.

God is ONE, and not three.

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."
Isaiah 5:20

WOE TO THOSE WHO CALL THREE ONE AND ONE THREE!!

God's Truth

Bs"d

And then who is his father he is praying to?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

God the Father lives in unapproachable whom NO ONE has seen.
Jesus Christ is God the Father with a body and makes God the Father known to us.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father and goes forth from God and is limitless.

Now answer the question I asked you before, tell me is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God? So then, does not there make two to you?

God's Truth

Bs"d

Where is that written in the Bible?

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible

The trinity doctrine is false, but God is triune.

How many is it when the Holy Spirit, whom is God's Spirit comes upon someone, is not that Spirit God? Answer the question. How many does that make? We have God the Father who lives in unapproachable light, and we have the Holy Spirit whom God puts upon people. How many now are there?

Cross Reference

What a great post, yes we should be more God and spirit focused, continued arguing isn't good, maybe we should share what we've seen in God and what we've heard

I went for a walk with my husband last week around a mountain, by the sea, and the sun was starting to set. It was coming down low, and as it came closer to the sea, a path of light started forming, from the sun, right up to the edge of the water. And I saw that when the spirit of God comes close to the earth (which is us) he shows is a path of light that directs us straight back to him, I saw that the path was on the sea, and the sea is like the world, and Satan through the flesh and desires of this world wants pull us in and put the spirit to death in our hearts. And just like the sea, the deeper we go, the more chance we have being pulled in. Also the sea was vast, but the path of light narrow, just as is the way that leads is into life.

We saw this path of light in Jesus, he became low and humble like the setting sun and he gave us a pure path of light showing is the way back to God. And if we walk in the light we won't be pulled in by the world.

Then my husband and I started walking and we noticed that the path didn't stay where we had just left, but it stayed with us, and the path of light across the sea stayed shining directly to us as we walked around the mountain, and I thought that God never leaves us or forsakes us, through Christ and by the indwelling spirit he will always be there to show is the way.

Then i thought about those behind and in front of us, they would see the same path as we were looking at, but they would be in a different place to us. They would see the path that we saw when a were walking earlier, and I thought that it was the same path for all those who belong to God. And I thought that if I had of stayed in my house and not gone to the mountain, then I wouldn't have seen the glorious vision, and I realised that we must come out and turn toward the living God, look for Jesus and listen to him and obey him, and we will all see this path of light. And that light is in every one of us who belong to the living God.

This is a picture that I took :)

b6e982eb90a9a6aa9a7fc43cbee9e083.jpg

I would say that to be an anointed understanding. Thank you.

Cross Reference

There is really only one issue - and it can best be seen by your answer to this simple question

Can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men are able to fully function without an incarnated deity?

Are you born again? If so, you have the same Spirit indwelling you that Jessus had indwelling Him. Now, while on Earth, what did that make Him? What does it make you?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

The Divinity of Christ

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/christ-divinity.htm

BRIEF EXCERPT:

The doctrine of Christ's divinity is the central Christian doctrine, for it is like a skeleton key that opens all the others. Christians have not independently reasoned out and tested each of the teachings of Christ received via Bible and Church, but believe them all on his authority. For if Christ is divine, He can be trusted to be infallible in everything He said, even hard things like exalting suffering and poverty, forbidding divorce, giving his Church the authority to teach and forgive sins in his name, warning about hell (very often and very seriously), instituting the scandalous sacrament of eating his flesh—we often forget how many "hard sayings" he taught!

When the first Christian apologists began to give a reason for the faith that was in them to unbelievers, this doctrine of Christ's divinity naturally came under attack, for it was almost as incredible to Gentiles as it was scandalous to Jews. That a man who was born out of a woman's womb and died on a cross, a man who got tired and hungry and angry and agitated and wept at his friend's tomb, that this man who got dirt under his fingernails should be God was, quite simply, the most astonishing, incredible, crazy-sounding idea that had ever entered the mind of man in all human history.

The argument the early apologists used to defend this apparently indefensible doctrine has become a classic one. C.S. Lewis used it often, e.g. in Mere Christianity, the book that convinced Chuck Colson (and thousands of others). I once spent half a book (Between Heaven and Hell) on this one argument alone. It is the most important argument in Christian apologetics, for once an unbeliever accepts the conclusion of this argument (that Christ is divine), everything else in the Faith follows, not only intellectually (Christ's teachings must all then be true) but also personally (if Christ is God, He is also your total Lord and Savior).

The argument, like all effective arguments, is extremely simple: Christ was either God or a bad man.

Unbelievers almost always say he was a good man, not a bad man; that he was a great moral teacher, a sage, a philosopher, a moralist, and a prophet, not a criminal, not a man who deserved to be crucified. But a good man is the one thing he could not possibly have been according to simple common sense and logic. For he claimed to be God. He said, "Before Abraham was, I Am", thus speaking the word no Jew dares to speak because it is God's own private name, spoken by God himself to Moses at the burning bush. Jesus wanted everyone to believe that he was God. He wanted people to worship him. He claimed to forgive everyone's sins against everyone. (Who can do that but God, the One offended in every sin?).
...(SNIP)

REST OF ARTICLE >> http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/christ-divinity.htm

Elia

The trinity doctrine is false, but God is triune.

Bs"d

Again: Tell me where it is written that God is triune.

How many is it when the Holy Spirit, whom is God's Spirit comes upon someone, is not that Spirit God?

No, that spirit is NOT God. It is the power of God.

Answer the question. How many does that make?

I'm still on one.

We have God the Father who lives in unapproachable light, and we have the Holy Spirit whom God puts upon people. How many now are there?

There is one God who is one, and His name is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no God:

“You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:35

Cross Reference

The Divinity of Christ

http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/christ-divinity.htm

BRIEF EXCERPT:

The doctrine of Christ's divinity is the central Christian doctrine, for it is like a skeleton key that opens all the others. Christians have not independently reasoned out and tested each of the teachings of Christ received via Bible and Church, but believe them all on his authority. For if Christ is divine, He can be trusted to be infallible in everything He said, even hard things like exalting suffering and poverty, forbidding divorce, giving his Church the authority to teach and forgive sins in his name, warning about hell (very often and very seriously), instituting the scandalous sacrament of eating his flesh—we often forget how many "hard sayings" he taught!

When the first Christian apologists began to give a reason for the faith that was in them to unbelievers, this doctrine of Christ's divinity naturally came under attack, for it was almost as incredible to Gentiles as it was scandalous to Jews. That a man who was born out of a woman's womb and died on a cross, a man who got tired and hungry and angry and agitated and wept at his friend's tomb, that this man who got dirt under his fingernails should be God was, quite simply, the most astonishing, incredible, crazy-sounding idea that had ever entered the mind of man in all human history.

The argument the early apologists used to defend this apparently indefensible doctrine has become a classic one. C.S. Lewis used it often, e.g. in Mere Christianity, the book that convinced Chuck Colson (and thousands of others). I once spent half a book (Between Heaven and Hell) on this one argument alone. It is the most important argument in Christian apologetics, for once an unbeliever accepts the conclusion of this argument (that Christ is divine), everything else in the Faith follows, not only intellectually (Christ's teachings must all then be true) but also personally (if Christ is God, He is also your total Lord and Savior).

The argument, like all effective arguments, is extremely simple: Christ was either God or a bad man.

Unbelievers almost always say he was a good man, not a bad man; that he was a great moral teacher, a sage, a philosopher, a moralist, and a prophet, not a criminal, not a man who deserved to be crucified. But a good man is the one thing he could not possibly have been according to simple common sense and logic. For he claimed to be God. He said, "Before Abraham was, I Am", thus speaking the word no Jew dares to speak because it is God's own private name, spoken by God himself to Moses at the burning bush. Jesus wanted everyone to believe that he was God. He wanted people to worship him. He claimed to forgive everyone's sins against everyone. (Who can do that but God, the One offended in every sin?).
...(SNIP)

REST OF ARTICLE >> http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/christ-divinity.htm

Why not begin at the cross for the purpose of sorting out the details of the earthbound, limited, Jesus Christ?

“I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.” 
John 17:4 (KJV) 

If Jesus had yet to prove Himself as a human to His Father when He crossed back over into glory on the MT Transfiguration, then, His conversations with Moses and Elijah were meaningless because His crossing back over would have been premature. The cross was for the acceptance of His mission for setting free the righteous captives held by death by Satan and all righteous men of faith yet to be born.

Question: Who died on the cross and yet lived when we know Divinity can't die.

God's Truth

The trinity doctrine makes a three headed God because it says Jesus is separate and different than God.

There is no way Jesus is different than God.

There is no way Jesus is separate from God.

JESUS ONLY ALWAYS says what the Father says.

Jesus only does what the Father does.

That is proof they are the same and not separate.

God's Truth

Bs"d

No, that spirit is NOT God. It is the power of God.

I'm still on one.

There is one God who is one, and His name is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no God:

“You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:35

You are not telling the truth. Tell me, is the Holy Spirit God? You say the Holy Spirit is not God but only the power of God. But tell me, is the Holy Spirit God?

The Holy Spirit IS GOD AND THAT IS RIGHT THERE TWO.

God the Father and the Holy Spirit is TWO right there you know.

God's Truth

Elia says the Holy Spirit is NOT God.

But the scriptures in the Old Testament say God SPOKE through the lips of the prophets by the Holy Spirit.

So when the prophets spoke, was the Holy Spirit God or not?

It was God, and that now shows TWO.

God's Truth

Are you born again? If so, you have the same Spirit indwelling you that Jessus had indwelling Him. Now, while on Earth, what did that make Him? What does it make you?

Let's ask you the same questions.

Are you born again? If so, you have the same Spirit indwelling you that Jesus had indwelling Him,. No, while on Earth, what did that make Him? What does it make you?

Tell us, Cross Reference, if you have the Spirit of God in you, does that make you the same as Jesus? LOL

Does your blood take away the sins of the world?

Do you put people in God by your blood?

You keep trying to make Jesus a mere man such as yourself. Impossible.

lifeisgood

Bs"d

You think that your "messiah" is the suffering servant in Isaiah 53. So then my question is: How many times is the messiah called "the servant of God" in the Tanach?

Please give the texts to back up your answer.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

The Righteous Servant (Messiah)
Called Servant / Israel & chosen by God

Isa 42:1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight
Isa 49:3 He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”

The servant Messiah is an individual (singular)
Isa 42:6 I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles.
Isa 50:6 I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.

The servant Messiah is righteous in character
Isa 53:11 by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.

The Lord delights in His servant Messiah
Isa 42:1 Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight.

The servant Messiah listens to God
Isa 50:4 He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

The servant Messiah is not rebellious to God
Isa 50:5 The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears, a
nd I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back.

The servant Messiah opened the eyes of the blind
Isa 42:6-7 I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness... to open eyes that are blind, to free

The Unrighteous Servant (Israel)
Called Servant / Israel / Jacob and chosen by God

Isa 41:8-9 “But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend

The servant Israel is a nation (plural)
Isa 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen.

Servant Israel is unrighteous & stubborn in character
Isa 46:12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness.
Isa 48:1-4 “Listen to this, O house of Jacob, you who are called by the name of Israel...you who invoke the God of Israel— but not in truth or righteousness... For I knew how stubborn you were; the sinews of your neck were iron, your forehead was bronze.

The Lord poured out his anger on His servant Israel
Though the Lord loves and chose the nation of Israel, their sin led to Him pouring out his anger upon them
Isa 48:24-25 Who handed Jacob over to become loot, and Israel to the plunderers? Was it not the LORD, against whom we have sinned? For they would not follow his ways; they did not obey his law. So he poured out on them his burning anger…

The servant Israel was deaf to God’s call
Isa 42:18-19 Hear, you deaf; look, you blind, and see! Who is blind but my servant, and deaf like the messenger I send?
Isa 48:8 You have neither heard nor understood; from of old your ear has not been open.

The servant Israel rebelled against God
Isa 48:8 Well do I know how treacherous you are; you were called a rebel from birth.

lifeisgood

The trinity doctrine makes a three headed God because it says Jesus is separate and different than God.

There is no way Jesus is different than God.

There is no way Jesus is separate from God.

JESUS ONLY ALWAYS says what the Father says.

Jesus only does what the Father does.

That is proof they are the same and not separate.

You are ONEness and therefore deny Jesus the Christ the honor due Him and also deny the Father the honor due Him.

Aner

Those who deny the Divinity of Christ preach a false Christ. Period. End of story.

CC

I appreciate your passion for your religious tradition. I am confused about divinity of Christ - can you help me a bit. Here is a simple question that would help me understand this more -

Can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men are able to fully function without an incarnated deity?

Thanks for your input

Greg

lifeisgood

Bs"d

You do not believe your own Tanach, Elia.

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit(the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16

Also Isaiah 42:1 and Isaiah 61:1

Therefore, you are now without an Altar, a Sacrifice, and a Temple, rejecting your Suffering Servant who came to offer Israel the Kingdom and she rejecting it and because of Israel's rejection of God's way, the gentiles obtained a way into His kingdom. Some day Israel of that time will also be saved.

You are a very religious man, Elia, but very UNsaved exactly as the ones who demanded that Jesus the Christ, the Suffering Servant, the Obedient Servant, be crucified because He did NOT fit Israel's desire of God's Savior.