Jesus is God.

lifeisgood

CC

I appreciate your passion for your religious tradition. I am confused about divinity of Christ - can you help me a bit. Here is a simple question that would help me understand this more -

Can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men are able to fully function without an incarnated deity?

Thanks for your input

Greg

You, Greg, are not God, but Jesus is. No comparison.

God's Truth

CC

I appreciate your passion for your religious tradition. I am confused about divinity of Christ - can you help me a bit. Here is a simple question that would help me understand this more -

Can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men are able to fully function without an incarnated deity?

Thanks for your input

Greg

You won't be reconciled to God if you do not have the Holy Spirit. You will not know how to love sincerely.

You will not have a promise of a life after this one, except a life in eternal Hell.

God's Truth

You are ONEness and therefore deny Jesus the Christ the honor due Him and also deny the Father the honor due Him.

How have I done that? I gave the Son the greatest honor by recognizing he is God the Father come in the flesh.

You can't say any slanderous thing and it be true just because you say so.

lifeisgood

How have I done that? I gave the Son the greatest honor by recognizing he is God the Father come in the flesh.

Do you, gt, say that the Father is the Father? Yes.
Do you, gt, say that the Father is Jesus? Yes.
Do you, gt, say that the Father is the Holy Spirit? Yes.

Therefore, you, gt, are ONEness.

In PPS 'elevated words' it is called Modalism and modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

You believe that God in OT times manifested himself in the mode of the Father.
You believe that at the incarnation, the mode was the Son.
You believe that after Jesus’ ascended, the mode is the Holy Spirit.

In other words, your view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all existed at the same time — only one after another.

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
You do not belong on a Christian forum with an answer like that.

You are far from displaying the love of Christ.

I suggest that not being considered Christian, doesn't mean one is outside Christ. I'm certain that this is not what CC meant, but I add this to that idea.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus is not God the father. Scripture is very clear in separating the two.

John 14:23 American Standard Version (ASV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

God's Truth

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

How does the Father and Son come to live with the saved?

I will tell you how.

They do it by ONE SPIRIT, the HOLY SPIRIT, for they are one and the same.

We are not given two different Spirits.

So tell me how God the Father lives in us, and Jesus Christ himself lives in us, and they not both be the SAME HOLY SPIRIT.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does the Father and Son come to live with the saved?

I will tell you how.

They do it by ONE SPIRIT, the HOLY SPIRIT, for they are one and the same.

We are not given two different Spirits.

So tell me how God the Father lives in us, and Jesus Christ himself lives in us, and they not both be the SAME HOLY SPIRIT.

If they all be the same this scripture is delusional.

Matthew 3:16-17 American Standard Version (ASV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him; 17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

God's Truth

Do you, gt, say that the Father is the Father? Yes.
Do you, gt, say that the Father is Jesus? Yes.
Do you, gt, say that the Father is the Holy Spirit? Yes.

Therefore, you, gt, are ONEness.

In PPS 'elevated words' it is called Modalism and modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

You believe that God in OT times manifested himself in the mode of the Father.
You believe that at the incarnation, the mode was the Son.
You believe that after Jesus’ ascended, the mode is the Holy Spirit.

In other words, your view states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all existed at the same time — only one after another.

One's eternal destination is at stake here. You get Jesus the Christ wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You got Jesus wrong.

You are bearing false witness against me.

I have said many times that God the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit all exist at the same time.

I do not know your worldly beliefs about PPS.

I only speak about God's Truth.

God's Truth

If they all be the same this scripture is delusional.

Matthew 3:16-17 American Standard Version (ASV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him; 17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Let's take this slowly...was Jesus God in Mary's womb?

Cross Reference

BR, Who is this refering to? Lets go one step at a time. Give a no trick honest answer and lets walk the timeline together:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR, Who is this refering to? Lets go one step at a time. Give a no trick honest answer and lets walk the timeline together:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Is this to tell me that you and GT agree that Jesus is God the Father?