Jesus is God.

marhig

John 5:39English Standard Version (ESV)

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

John 17

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

I believe in the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent!

Not God the son which isn't in the Bible

Elia

Then you show me God the son, or triune God in the Bible!

Bs"d

Don't hold your breath...

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

marhig

I know I can believe what I want, and you are not my judge.

The trinity doctrine is false, BUT THERE ARE THREE.

The Holy Spirit IS THE Spirit of God.

That proves now that there are two that you do not recognize.

You said earlier that you do not know much.

I never said there isn't three, there is three, God, Christ and the holy spirit. I said Jesus isn't God. Because it shows clearly in the Bible that God is the God of Jesus!

marhig

Bs"d

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
I know! And they say that I have false teaching for believing in the only true God. Which Jesus himself taught!

God the son and triune God and trinity are false teachings put together by a group of men who couldn't work out who Jesus and God are so they came up with the false teaching of the duality and then of the trinity. So unless anyone shows me where it is in the Bible, I won't believe it! Written just like that. God the son, triune God, trinity. If people can't show me, then don't tell me that I believe in false teaching when even the apostles called God, the God of our lord Jesus Christ!

I believe in the only true God and i believe in one God only, not three in one, the almighty living God is God and he is the God of everything and everyone including, Jesus Christ the son of the living God whom God has sent!

Last edited:

daqq

Yes he is. That's is 2,000 year old Christian truth. Denying Christ's divinity places you outside of Christianity. Maybe you should become a JW.

Your mom?

"Your mom"? Ouch!

But regarding your other comments there are 300 years between a 2000 year old truth and a 1700 year old lie.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
"Your mom"? Ouch!......
LOL. You and I know wherehe was going with that, right?

.......But regarding your other comments there are 300 years between a 2000 year old truth and a 1700 year old lie.
I assume you mean Nicea. You know I disagree with you. Besides, scripture plainly describes Christ's divinity as well as his humanity. Why do you think all theologians, be they Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox, plainly see Christ as God in scripture? They all got it wrong for all these centuries?

daqq

I assume you mean Nicea. You know I disagree with you. Besides, scripture plainly describes Christ's divinity as well as his humanity. Why do you think all theologians, be they Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox, plainly see Christ as God in scripture? They all got it wrong for all these centuries?

For the same reason the Ethiopian Church has been admonished not to read John 1:1 the way it actually reads in their own Ethiopian (Ge'ez) Text which predates any of your own manuscripts and codices. That is to say, because they all wish to remain part of the "club", (of Rome). :)

Cross Reference

[QUOTE=marhig;4757622]
said:
Nameless.In.Grace; 4757377]John 5:39English Standard Version (ESV)

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

John 17

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
A more profound understanding is that it is not be believing but, intimate relationship; "knowing" as in intercourse, Jesis is speaking of.

This is what Paul was also attempting to convey in Eph 5. Read it while keeping John 17:3 as a 'backdrop'.

OMT: This all relates perfectly to Rev 12:5 both corporately and individually [personally/subjectively as you being the manchild].

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
For the same reason the Ethiopian Church has been admonished not to read John 1:1 the way it actually reads in their own Ethiopian (Ge'ez) Text which predates any of your own manuscripts and codices. That is to say, because they all wish to remain part of the "club", (of Rome). :)
Seriously? You think that anti-Catholics like Jimmy Swaggart and others like him all wish to remain part of the "club", (of Rome)? That's the best you've got?

Cross Reference

Bs"d

If the father and son are in perfect agreement/union, responsibility, decisons in giving or taking in the execution or loving of a thing, irrespective of whose idea it was, are they not equal? Before you answer please define the word "equal" to yourself as in it being a unit of measure.

lifeisgood

What does that mean?

Scripture clearly, repeatedly and formally states that Jesus is a man - never does scripture state that Jesus is ontologically God.

Only for those who are lost.

Unlike the OT where Yahweh says over and over again "I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 43:10-13, 44:6-8, 45:5-6, 46:9-11), Jesus never once said those words. Not once did he say, "I am God." Since the God of the Hebrew Bible says it repeatedly why didn’t Jesus ever say it, at least once, especially when this is so crucial to Christian doctrine?
http://answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesus_claiming_deity.htm

"Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen." Romans 9:5

"while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ," Titus 2:13

"But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’" Hebrews 1:8

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:" 2 Peter 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth… No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." John 1:1, 14, 18

"there is one God - AND (someone other than the one God) - the MAN Christ Jesus (ITim2:5).

Yes, God is One:
Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

However, there are three in the Godhead:
From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit(the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16

And no, the word 'Trinity' is not found in the Bible, but the principle is.

Cross Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless.In.Grace View Post

Only God can be the Messiah.

Moses was called the Deliverer, a type of Jesus Christ. The whole account being a type of redemption, salvation and the bringing of mankind, into the Presence of God for preparation for entering 'eternity'. . . not to be confused with the "Promised Land" that had to taken by force by God.

Questions: Was Moses, God? 2. Why do you suppose God chose to act through man in order to accomplish what we both know He could have accomplished without man in the picture?

lifeisgood

Seriously? You think that anti-Catholics like Jimmy Swaggart and others like him all wish to remain part of the "club", (of Rome)? That's the best you've got?

Never heard the man be against Catholics or otherwise.

Now, the false doctrine of worshiping and kissing man-made statues and pictures, etc., and walking in one's knees for who knows how long until the knees bleed, while kissing the dirty floor, etc., yes. I do also talk about their false doctrine.

I also have heard him talk against false doctrine in the Pentecostal, Evangelical, Methodist, etc. churches. I do also talk about their false doctrine.

Cross Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Aner View Post
What does that mean?

Scripture clearly, repeatedly and formally states that Jesus is a man - never does scripture state that Jesus is ontologically God.

If the fullness of the Godhead was in a man what would that man be?

daqq

Now you are not even following your own original train of thought and simply trying to be misleading.

You said: "They all got it wrong for all these centuries?"

How many centuries old do you suppose Jimmy Swaggart is? And for that matter, who cares? Not me, but you did not "hear" what I said. Go find out what Coptic John 1:1 actually says and ask yourself why the Coptic Church does not read it for what it actually says in their own Coptic language which predates all of your manuscripts and codices. Have you never heard of Origen? Maybe not since your own fathers anathematized him at the Second Council of Constantinople for believing and teaching what Coptic John 1:1 actually says. :crackup:

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Bs"d

Elohiem can be singular and plural.

In Deut 6:4 it is singular, because God says so:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

Y-H-W-H, the one and only God who is one.

Beside Him there is no God, no Buddha, no Christ, no David Koresh; NOBODY.

Whoever worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H is an IDOL WORSHIPPER.

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit." Isaiah 48:12-16

You do not believe your own Tanach rejecting your Suffering Servant.

Where is the altar where you offer your lamb to cover your sin?

Who is your high priest that your lamb can be approved for sacrificing?

Where is your Temple where you must go three times a year?

You are a very religious man, Elia, but very UNsaved exactly as the ones who demanded that Jesus the Christ, the Suffering Servant, be crucified because He did not fit their idea of God's Savior.

lifeisgood

Bs"d

Nonsense, how can I reject Israel??

Israel is as lost as you are, Elia, for Israel is NOT the Suffering Servant and Israel has rejected her Suffering Servant because she rejected God's way as He did not fit with her desire. How many times does not the Tanach shows how rebellious Israel is.

Destroyed in 70, but it will be rebuild.

So, meanwhile, where is your altar?

We don't have one at the moment, but soon again.

So, meanwhile, who approves the lamb for covering your sin?

Destroyed in 70, but will rebuild again, this time an everlasting Temple.

So how do you obey the command to go three times a year to the Temple?

Where do you offer the sacrifice for your sin?

I don't need a man to save me, God is my savior:

My Savior is Y-H-W-H:

Isaiah 43: 3: "For I am Y-H-W-H thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy saviour."

Isaiah 43:10-11: "Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me, even I, I am Y-H-W-H, and beside Me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 45:21-22: "... I Y-H-W-H, and there is no God else beside Me, a just God and a saviour, there is no saviour beside Me. Look unto Me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God and there is none else."

Hosea 13: 4: "Yet I am Y-H-W-H thy God, and thou shall know no God but Me, for there is no saviour beside Me."

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

You are UNcovered before Y-H-W-H presence because you REject Y-H-W-H provision which is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit." Isaiah 48:12-16

You do not believe your own Tanach rejecting your Suffering Servant; therefore, without an Altar, a Sacrifice, and a Temple, and that’s for starters.

You are a very religious man, Elia, but very UNsaved exactly as the ones who demanded that Jesus the Christ, the Suffering Servant, be crucified because He did NOT fit Israel's desire of God's Savior.

Last edited: