Jesus is God.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
John 5:39English Standard Version (ESV)

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

I wouldn't anyway, not like some do on here!

No I don't believe that Jesus is God, and I've showed you verse after verse why I don't. Even Jesus himself saying that God is his God! And I believe Jesus.

You can believe what you want about me, but your not my judge.
I know I can believe what I want, and you are not my judge.

And to me, the false teaching of the trinity came in around the third century when they couldn't decide who Jesus was God. So they decided that he was God, after much debate.

The trinity doctrine is false, BUT THERE ARE THREE.

But the holy spirit wasn't to be part of it. So they left him out and created a duality. But later decided to add the holy ghost and create the false doctrine of the trinity. There is only one God, the God almighty. And God opens our heart with the truth and not confusion like these men were in, in the "deciding who Jesus is group!"

The Holy Spirit IS THE Spirit of God.

That proves now that there are two that you do not recognize.

Peter got his revelation in instant, that's how God works.

And here's how Jesus explains eternal life

John 17

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

And I believe in and know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent!

You said earlier that you do not know much.

God's Truth

John 5:39English Standard Version (ESV)

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Do you know what that scripture means and what Jesus was saying?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I know I can believe what I want, and you are not my judge.

The trinity doctrine is false, BUT THERE ARE THREE.

The Holy Spirit IS THE Spirit of God.

That proves now that there are two that you do not recognize.

You said earlier that you do not know much.

GT,

I'm only trying to interject this out of respect to Mar. and You.

Jesus made it clear in 1 John that one must recognize that the Son is from the Father. Now the difficulty is that this is a duel reference to the Son being of the Substance of the Father as well as humanity.

It is clear that the Spirit of Truth (I AM the way, the TRUTH and the light) could only be revealed in full within mankind until after Jesus died and resurrected of the Father.

You have a Oneness view, but recognize the genuine relationship of the Father and the Son.

I can't fully remember Mars' view on this matter.

But to be completely honest, the only deviations that really exist in the BoC are found in Absolute Recognition of the Three Witnesses of The Godhead.

Colossians 2:

2 that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may acknowledge the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ, (Some translations use the word Godhead in this verse)

And of course Arianism, The idea that Jesus wasn't God, or the reduced Deity of Jesus (Sinful Spirit) struggling to be Perfect, or Simply created to be a God.

The separation of the substances vs the oneness of the substance is a complex argument to try to pinpoint the exact nature of the 3 beautiful expressions of God.

One thing to note. Arian theology was wiped out, in error and ignorance to Christ's commission of Love to all, by the commissioned murder of its believers by the Trinitatian leadership.

Also, on the Arian side of errors, the Arians converted to Islam much easier, because they agreed that Jesus wasn't God, and embraced the structure of religious ritual of Islam.

Modern Arianism is the simple fact that Jesus is understood differently by many, and the same is true for the great Trinitatian debate.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Jesus is God = Simple, direct, to the point, and true.
>> http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-divinity-of-christ
What does that mean?

Scripture clearly, repeatedly and formally states that Jesus is a man - never does scripture state that Jesus is ontologically God.

"there is one God - AND (someone other than the one God) - the MAN Christ Jesus (ITim2:5).

Scripture says Jesus is man, yes, but it also clearly states he is God. Jesus has two natures - Divine and human, from his Father and mother - perfectly joined in one person.

Quote from the link I provided:

".............In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!")

In Philippians 2:6, Paul tells us that Christ Jesus "[w]ho, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be g.asped" (New International Version). So Jesus chose to be born in humble, human form though he could have simply remained in equal glory with the Father for he was "in very nature God."

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13).

This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

What does that mean?

Scripture clearly, repeatedly and formally states that Jesus is a man - never does scripture state that Jesus is ontologically God.

"there is one God - AND (someone other than the one God) - the MAN Christ Jesus (ITim2:5).

Matthew 26

63 But Jesus kept silent. Then the high priest said to Him, “By the living God I place You under oath: tell us if You are the Messiah, the Son of God!”

64 “You have said it,” Jesus told him. “But I tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! Why do we still need witnesses? Look, now you’ve heard the blasphemy! 66 What is your decision?”

~ Jesus is referring to Himself as the Cloud by Day, Fire by night and the Glory above the Ark of the Covenant in Mt 26:64

He indeed professed He IS and Was and Always Will Be the I Am that I Am.

He would have been a psycho to have spoken the words of vs. 64 to the Sanhedrin if He were not claiming to be God. He could have been released from death on the cross, if He did not speak plainly there. He could have said; Woh, wait a minute. I mean Son of God like you. I'm not God! Don't kill me! Instead He referred to Himself in the Higheat way possible!

Isaiah 43

11 "I alone am the Lord, the only one who can save you. 12 I predicted what would happen, and then I came to your aid. No foreign god has ever done this; you are my witnesses. 13 I am God and always will be. No one can escape from my power; no one can change what I do." 14 Israel's holy God, the Lord who saves you, says, "To save you, I will send an army against Babylon; I will break down the city gates, and the shouts of her people will turn into crying. 15 I am the Lord, your holy God. I created you, Israel, and I am your king." 16 Long ago the Lord made a road through the sea, a path through the swirling waters

According to YHWH or JHVH, pick your choice,

Only God can be the Messiah.

If this were not so, then God would be a liar in the NT.

God's Truth

GT,

I'm only trying to interject this out of respect to Mar. and You.

Jesus made it clear in 1 John that one must recognize that the Son is from the Father.
The HUMAN Son is from the Father.

Now the difficulty is that this is a duel reference to the Son being of the Substance of the Father as well as humanity.

It is clear that the Spirit of Truth (I AM the way, the TRUTH and the light) could only be revealed in full within mankind until after Jesus died and resurrected of the Father.

Jesus SAID HE is the TRUTH and the life WHEN HE WALKED THE EARTH.

Correct yourself in the truth.

You have a Oneness view, but recognize the genuine relationship of the Father and the Son.
Just debate me according to the scriptures.

As for what I know about the oneness Pentecostals, they believe Jesus is God the Father, but that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not exist at the same time. I do not believe like that.

Just speak about the scriptures.

I can't fully remember Mars' view on this matter.

But to be completely honest, the only deviations that really exist in the BoC are found in Absolute Recognition of the Three Witnesses of The Godhead.

Colossians 2:

2 that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may acknowledge the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ, (Some translations use the word Godhead in this verse)

And of course Arianism,

Why do you talk about mere men?

The idea that Jesus wasn't God, or the reduced Deity of Jesus (Sinful Spirit) struggling to be Perfect, or Simply created to be a God.

The separation of the substances vs the oneness of the substance is a complex argument to try to pinpoint the exact nature of the 3 beautiful expressions of God.
What are you talking about?

One thing to note. Arian theology was wiped out, in error and ignorance to Christ's commission of Love to all, by the commissioned murder of its believers by the Trinitatian leadership.

Also, on the Arian side of errors, the Arians converted to Islam much easier, because they agreed that Jesus wasn't God, and embraced the structure of religious ritual of Islam.

Modern Arianism is the simple fact that Jesus is understood differently by many, and the same is true for the great Trinitatian debate.

Speak according to the scriptures, or do not speak.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The HUMAN Son is from the Father.

Jesus SAID HE is the TRUTH and the life WHEN HE WALKED THE EARTH.

Correct yourself in the truth.

Just debate me according to the scriptures.

As for what I know about the oneness Pentecostals, they believe Jesus is God the Father, but that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not exist at the same time. I do not believe like that.

Why do you talk about mere men?

What are you talking about?

Speak according to the scriptures, or do not speak.

Sister,

You are correct, had I quoted the verse about the way, the truth and the life, it would have been "Life"

I was referencing that verse and

John 1 simultaneously.

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 All things were created through Him,
and apart from Him not one thing was created
that has been created.
4 Life was in Him,
and that life was the light of men.
5 That light shines in the darkness,
yet the darkness did not overcome it.

----------
The rest of my words were to speak that mankind divides under the assertion that Jesus was God, was not, or was partially God.
--------------

I was also referring to 1 John 2:22

Who is the liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Messiah? This one is the antichrist: the one who denies the Father and the Son.

--------

I was then pointing out that the divisions amongst men are Trinity, Oness, Arian and a type of semi Arian.

Trinity and Oness alike are not evil as they acknowledge that Jesus was of the Father and God.

Arians are afraid of calling Jesus God, because they believe that would be putting an Idle before God.

Semi Arians (other titles used) reduce Jesus to God with Sinful flesh and soul that was limited. They assert that the Holy Spirit is essentially the Father and Jesus was able to be perfect in Obedience by fleshly toil.

The Trinitarians had the Arians killed in the early years following Jesus.

Others converted to Islam as they shared the idea that Jesus wasn't God and agreed with monotheistic laws and religious observance.

I apologize for thinking you were Oness.

I should have asked you.

I know you believe in the 3 expressions of God, so I really stopped asking after that had been established.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The HUMAN Son is from the Father..........
LOL! That stupidity is what you call speaking in Scriptures?

God's nature is Divine, not human.
The Father gave the Son His Divine nature.
Jesus' mother, who is human, gave her son his human nature.

SO: Jesus is fully God (Divine) and fully man (human), two natures perfectly joined in the one person, Jesus Christ:

>> THE 'HYPOSTATIC' UNION

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

Direct Examples of the divisions in ideologies:

Catholics: Trinity or indeed Hypostatic Union
Majority of Protestants: Same as Catholics
Oneness Pentecostals: Oness
Jehovahs Wittinesses: Arian
Seventh Day Adventists: Semi Arian
Full Denial: Islam

lifeisgood

Bs"d

Spoiler
Adapted from The Journal of Hebraic Renewal, which reprinted it from Focus on the Kingdom magazine.

http://torahofmessiah.org/meaning-of-elohim-echad/

One of the more common examples of the stubborn refusal to accept clear facts that is practiced by those who embrace the false “God in the flesh” idolatry of contemporary Christianity and counterfeit Messianism relates to the meaning of the Hebrew words “elohim” and “echad”. Despite the fact this particular misunderstanding has long since been shown incorrect, the bias, arrogance, and general stiff-necked mindset of most “God in the flesh” Messiah (Christ) promoters keeps them locked in the dungeon of error which they, themselves, construct regarding this topic.

To support the commonly held teaching that God is a plural entity consisting of “God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit”[1] contemporary Christians and counterfeit Messianics will appeal to those two Hebrew words: Elohim (eloheem) and echad (echad, “ch” as in the Scottish “loch”). They assert that the Hebrew word, Elohim, indicates that God is a plural entity because it is the plural form of the word for God and is the title most often used for the God of Israel. Echad – used in the well-known “shema” of Deuteronomy 6:4 instructing Israel that their God is “one” – is asserted by them to show the plurality of God because, they say echad in the Hebrew actually indicates a compound, rather than an absolute, unity; that is, rather than a “simple” one, they say echad indicates a unity of more than one.

Each claim will now be examined.

Elohim

Elohim is the plural form of Eloah and appears closely related to El, which usually means “god”, “God”, or “mighty one”. But IF we were right to translate Elohim as a plural word, the Bible would teach us that in the beginning, “Gods” created the heavens and the earth (Gen. 1:1). The Bible would then support the idea that more than one God created the universe, spoke to Abraham, delivered Israel from bondage and continued dealing with them, etc., since Elohim is used throughout the Tanakh (“Old” Testament) as Israel’s God(s). But virtually no Christian – Messianic or otherwise – would profess that there is more than one God.

So, how do we resolve this dilemma? And why do all the translations translate Elohim simply as “God” and not “Gods” when it refers to the true God?

In Biblical Hebrew, a noun that is plural in form is not necessarily plural in meaning – a fact most counterfeit Messianic leaders realize, yet seem to ignore. For instance, the Hebrew words chayim (chayeem, “life”) [2] and panim (paneem, “face”, “presence”, “countenance”) [3] are plural in form, but almost always singular in meaning. Another word, adon, “lord”, “master”, [4] is often plural in form. In its plural form it is sometimes used of a single person – Abraham (Gen. 24:9-10), Joseph (Gen. 42:30,33), the king of Egypt (Gen. 40:1) and an anonymous “fierce king” under whose rule the Egyptians were prophesied to come (Isa. 19:4, NRSV). There are instances of other plural Hebrew words employed in the Hebrew Bible with singular meaning.

Equally striking is the fact that the same term, elohim, is used of the individual false gods of Israel’s surrounding nations. Elohim is used of Dagon, the god of the Philistines (1 Sam. 5:7); of Chemosh, the god of Ammon and Moab (Jud. 11:24; 1 Kings 11:33); of Ashtarte (or Ashtoreth), the god(dess) of the Sidonians (1 Kings 11:33); of Milcom, another god of the Ammorites (1 Kings 11:33). In Smith’s Bible Dictionary and New International Standard Bible Encyclopedia no plurality in any one of these gods is even hinted at. Additionally, in Ezra’s prayer in Nehemiah 9:18, elohim is used to refer to the single golden calf made by Israel in the wilderness.

Elohim is also used of single human figures. Moses in both Exodus 4:16 and Exodus 7:1 and the Messianic king in Psalms 45:6 (verse 7 in the Hebrew Bible) are each referred to as elohim [5].

What all this indicates is that in Biblical Hebrew, plural nouns in general and Elohim in particular do not always have plural meanings. In the case of the word Elohim, in fact, it would appear as though we should almost always understand it as singular in meaning unless the context indicates that “gods” are referred to.

Hebrew scholars are entirely familiar with these facts (as are counterfeit Messianic and contemporary Christian leaders). The expressions “plural of majesty” or “plural of rank” or “intensive plural” are sometimes used to describe this phenomenon of language (not just Hebrew) where the form of a word can be plural but its meaning is singular. The idea is that the plural stresses or exalts the importance of the person referred to. The following is a quotation regarding Elohim from the New International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, in their article on “God, Names of”:

The use of the plural form with singular meaning is not unique to Israel. Similar forms occur in pre-Israelite Babylonian and Canaanite texts in which a worshiper wishes to exalt a particular god above others. This form has been called the plural of majesty or the intensive plural because it implies that all the fullness of deity is concentrated in the one god. Elohim’s being the most common word for God in the Tanakh thus conveys this idea. (Vol. 2, p. 505).

Smith’s Bible Dictionary has this to say on the same subject in their article entitled “God”:

The plural form of Elohim has given rise to much discussion. The fanciful idea that it referred to the trinity of persons in the Godhead hardly finds now a supporter among scholars. It is either what grammarians call the plural of majesty, or it denotes the fullness of divine strength, the sum of the powers displayed by God (p. 220).

But by no means is YHWH ever referred to by plural forms. In fact, whenever the people of God speak of Him in the Hebrew Bible using a pronoun, they ALWAYS employ the singular form. Whether it is the third person (He, Him, His) or the second person (You, Your, Thou, Thy) this is the case. The people of God understood their God to be a single Individual. [6]

Nor is He only referred to in the plural when “God” is the translated word. Two forms referred to above, El and Eloah used in the Tanakh to refer to the true God, are both singular in form. [7] When an Aramaic word for God, Elah, is used, it too appears to be always in its singular form when referring to the true God. [8]

The form of the verb used in Hebrew when Elohim the true God is the subject is also instructive. It is virtually always singular in form throughout the Tanakh. In Genesis 1, for example – where the reader is first introduced to Elohim the Creator – the Hebrew verb form is always in the third masculine singular whenever [9] we read that “Elohim created” or “Elohim said” or “Elohim made”, etc. [10]

Finally, the Septuagint (known as “LXX”), the Greek version of the Hebrew Bible (probably translated in the third and second century B.C.E.) ALWAYS translated the Hebrew word for God in the singular (Gr. theos). The LXX version of the Old Testament is often cited in the New Testament instead of the Hebrew. [11]

Therefore – returning to the original argument (which usually includes the “Let us…” statement in Gen. 1:26) – if God must be regarded as a plural entity because He is referred to in a plural form, why then must He not be regarded as a singular entity since He is referred to in singular forms?

Are not all these statements Holy Scripture? We could be left with a contradiction were it not for the many examples of plural forms with singular meanings in Hebrew, including the concept of “plural of majesty”. The plural of majesty clarifies the usage of the plural form for the true God in the Tanakh. He is described by thousands and thousands of singular verbs and pronouns. Language has no more definite way of telling us that God is Only One Entity.

As a final proof, note the Messianic 22nd Psalm. I will quote from only a portion of this Psalm which, when read using common sense, clearly shows that Yeshua (the prophetic focus of this Psalm) refers to God (Elohim and El) as HIS God (Elohim). In fact, he does so four times! FOUR TIMES in one single verse Yeshua (Jesus) cries out to HIS God – the God whom he worshiped – the God whom “God in the flesh” promoters neither know nor worship. I will include in parenthesis the Hebrew word translated as “God.”

Psalm 22:1,2,10
1 My God (El), my God (El), why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 2 O my God (Elohim), I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. … 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God (El) from my mother’s belly.
The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.

This single quote from Psalms – and there are other Messianic verses which present the same proof – proves that unless “God in the flesh” promoters wish us to believe that a “God” prayed and cried out to a separate and distinct “God”, then Yeshua is NOT God (Elohim), since he (Yeshua) refers to the ONE, True God as HIS God (Elohim)! Verse 10 also proves how Yeshua worshipped the same God we should worship from his birth!

Thus, since Yeshua very clearly referred to the God whom he worshipped as Elohim, the term Elohim cannot possibly refer to Yeshua in the sense of making him God. Grammatical laws prevent this from being even a possibility.
Spoiler

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

You do not believe your own Tanach rejecting your Suffering Servant.

Where is the altar where you offer your lamb to cover your sin?

Who is your high priest that your lamb can be approved for sacrificing?

Where is your Temple where you must go three times a year?

You are a very religious man but very UNsaved exactly as the ones who demanded that Jesus be crucified because He did not fit their idea of God's Savior.

Last edited: