Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

glorydaz

The Spirit of GOD.

You say Christ is the Spirit of God?

How is it that Christ sent the Spirit when He ascended to the Father? How is it He ascended and sent at the same time, if He was the Spirit as you claim? Are you able to read these verses and make the same claim?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

God's Truth

How is it that Christ sent the Spirit when He ascended to the Father? How is it He ascended and sent at the same time, if He was the Spirit as you claim? Are you able to read these verses and make the same claim?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jesus says that he will send the Spirit, and the scriptures say Jesus is the Spirit.

Jesus sends himself, and he started doing that after he ascended back to heaven.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Muslims respect Jesus........

Muslims respect Jesus........

You have proven that the Qur'an does not speak of the same God and the same Jesus Christ as the Holy Bible.

The 3 main branches of Abrahamic monotheistic religions in their traditional orthodox belief-systems all worship the same 'God'. (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). - all make claims of origin from the 'God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, or being some extension or adaptation thereof.

Traditional Orthodox Judaism rejects Jesus as being their Messiah, whereas Islam at least respects him as being a prophet and messenger of Allah. Jesus is highly esteemed in Islam, the Koran, etc. The only significant differences within Islam is that Jesus is not divine, but a mortal human prophet, not the Son of God or God the Son....did not die on the cross as an atonement....but was taken up into heaven by Allah and will return. In fact believing in Jesus as one of Allah's greatest messengers is standard within Islam.

popsthebuilder

Of course I can.

Why wouldn't I?

Jesus isn't speaking of any physical man and never was.

It was always about the Holy Spirit of GOD.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

3:45. (Recall the time) when the angels said, ‘O Mary! Allâh gives you good tidings through a (prophetic)

word from Him

(about the birth of a son) whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, (he shall be) worthy of regard in this world and in the Hereafter and
one of the nearest ones (to Him),

3:46. ‘And he will speak to the people when in the cradle (- as a child) and when of old age, and shall be of the righteous.’ 3:47. She said, ‘My Lord! How can I and whence shall I have a child while no man has yet touched me (in conjugal relationship)?’ (The Lord) said, ‘Such are the ways of Allâh, He creates what He will. When He decrees a thing He simply commands it, “Be” and it comes to be.’3:49. ‘And (He will appoint him) a Messenger to the Children of Israel (with the Message), “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. (I have come so that) I determine for your benefit from clay (a person)

after the manner of a bird, then I shall breathe into him (a new spirit) so that he becomes a flier

(References to the holy spirit and the word are clearly made )
(- a spiritual person) by the authority of Allâh, and I absolve the blind and the leprous, and I quicken the (spiritually) dead by the authority of Allâh,

(Speaking of the miracles done through the Christ)

and I inform you as to what you should eat and what you should store in your houses. Behold! These facts will surely serve you as a definite sign if you are believers.

4:158. Rather Allâh exalted him with all honour to His presence. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise.4:159. And there is none from among the people of the Scripture (- the Jews and the Christians) but most certainly will believe in this (incident, that Jesus died on the cross) before his death, (while as a matter of fact they have no sure knowledge about Jesus dying on the cross). And on the Day of Resurrection he (- Jesus) will be a witness against them.4:160. Then (by way of punishing them) on account of the transgression of those who judaised, We made unlawful to them certain of the good and pure things which had been allowed to them before, and that too on account of their causing hindrances to many (people, and their own staying away) from Allâh’s way;

4:167. Those who disbelieve and hinder (others) from (following)

Allâh’s way,

(The way shown through Jesus the Messiah)

have ineed strayed, a far off straying. 4:168. Those who have disbelieved and have associated partners with Him, it is not for Allâh to protect them, nor will He show them any way 4:169. Other than the way leading to Gehenna, wherein they shall live for long; indeed that would be easy for Allâh. 4:170. O people! This Messenger has indeed come to you with the truth

(Christ came in Truth and mercy)
from your Lord, so believe, it will be better for you. But if you disbelieve know that whatever is in the heavens and in the earth belongs to Him. Allâh is ever All-Knowing, All-Wise. 4:171. O people of the Scripture! Do not go beyond the limits (of propriety) in the matter of your religion, nor say anything regarding Allâh except that which is perfectly true. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary was only a Messenger of Allâh, and (a fulfillment of) His word

(The Word of GOD)

which He communicated to Mary, and a mercy from Him. Believe, therefore, in Allâh and in all His Messengers, and do not say, ‘(There are) three (Gods).’ Refrain (from following this doctrine) it will be better for you. Verily, Allâh is the One and only worthy of worship.

(Attested to by Christ Jesus Himself)

He is Holy. Far above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allâh suffices as a Disposer of affairs.

4:172. The Messiah never disdains to be (looked upon as) a servant of Allâh, nor do the angels who are nearest (to Him consider the fact degrading for themselves). And whoever disdains from His service (and worship) and behaves arrogantly, (the day will come when) He will gather them all together to Himself.
4:173. (On that Day) as to those who believed and did deeds of righteousness, He will give them their rewards in full and will add to them even more out of His bounty. But as for those who disdained (to worship God) and acted arrogantly, He will inflict a woeful punishment on them all. And apart from Allâh they will find for themselves no patron nor helper. 4:174. O you people! A manifest proof has indeed come to you from your Lord, and We have sent down a clear light to you which distinguishes (the right from the wrong). 4:175. Now as to those who believe in Allâh and hold fast to Him, He will surely admit them to His mercy and to (His) grace and will guide them along a straight and right path (leading) to Himself.

5:72. Indeed, they have disbelieved who say, ‘Allâh - He is the Messiah, son of Mary,’ whereas the Messiah (himself) said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh Who is my Lord and your Lord.’ Surely whoso associates partners with Allâh, him has Allâh forbidden Paradise, and his resort will be the Fire and these transgressors shall have no helpers. 5:73. Most certainly, they have disbelieved who say, ‘Allâh is the third of the three.’ But in fact there is no other, cannot be and will never be one worthy of worship except One God. And if they refrain not from what they say, there shall certainly befall those who disbelieve from among them, a grievous punishment. 5:74. Will they not turn with repentance to Allâh and seek His protection, while Allâh is Great Protector, Ever Merciful? 5:75. The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger, all the Messengers have (like him) passed away before him, his mother was a highly truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the arguments for their good, yet see, how they are turned away (from the truth). 5:76. Say, ‘Do you worship beside Allâh that which has no power over doing you any harm or good?’ As for Allâh, He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. 5:77. Say, ‘O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in (the matter of) your religion falsely and unjustly, nor follow the fancies of a people who had gone astray before (you) and had led many astray, and (now again) who have strayed away from the right path.

5:78. Those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel were deprived of the blessings of God (firstly) by the tongue of David and (then by) Jesus, son of Mary. That was so because they rebelled and used to transgress.5:79. They did not prohibit one another from hateful things they committed. How evil were the practices they used to follow!5:80. You will find many of them allying (themselves) with those who disbelieve. Evil is that which they have sent forward for themselves (to the effect) that Allâh is displeased with them and in this punishment they shall abide.5:81. And if they had believed in Allâh and this perfect Prophet and (in) what has been revealed to him, they would not have taken them for allies; but (they do so for) many of them are disobedient.5:82. You shall certainly find the Jews and those who associate partners with Allâh the most vehement of the people in enmity against those who believe, and you shall certainly find those who say, ‘We are Christians,’ the nearest in friendship towards those who believe. That is so because there are savants and monks amongst them and because they are not haughty.

5:83. And when they hear that (Divine Message) which has been revealed to this perfect Messenger you will find their eyes overflow with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say, ‘Our Lord! We believe, so count us among the witnesses (to the truth).’

(I have to get ready for work)

I hope everyone has a good day and that some can see the truth through these words that have been posted. I'm sure the majority will scoff and make negative remarks; the fact is that they are blind, but they can still be shown the way and the truth if they set aside their pride and fear.)

peace

God's Truth

The 3 main branches of Abrahamic monotheistic religions in their traditional orthodox belief-systems all worship the same 'God'. (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). - all make claims of origin from the 'God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, or being some extension or adaptation thereof.

Traditional Orthodox Judaism rejects Jesus as being their Messiah, whereas Islam at least respects him as being a prophet and messenger of Allah. Jesus is highly esteemed in Islam, the Koran, etc. The only significant differences within Islam is that Jesus is not divine, but a mortal human prophet, not the Son of God or God the Son....did not die on the cross as an atonement....but was taken up into heaven by Allah and will return. In fact believing in Jesus as one of Allah's greatest messengers is standard within Islam.

I know those things which you said. Do you think that the Jews who reject Jesus are not condemned too? All must come to God through Jesus Christ, as stated in the Holy Bible. Jesus in the Bible is the Truth and the Way. You can't have another Jesus and say it is the same when it is not.

Romans 11:31
so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

God's Truth

3:45. (Recall the time) when the angels said, ‘O Mary! Allâh gives you good tidings through a (prophetic)

word from Him

(about the birth of a son) whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, (he shall be) worthy of regard in this world and in the Hereafter and
one of the nearest ones (to Him),

3:46. ‘And he will speak to the people when in the cradle (- as a child) and when of old age, and shall be of the righteous.’ 3:47. She said, ‘My Lord! How can I and whence shall I have a child while no man has yet touched me (in conjugal relationship)?’ (The Lord) said, ‘Such are the ways of Allâh, He creates what He will. When He decrees a thing He simply commands it, “Be” and it comes to be.’3:49. ‘And (He will appoint him) a Messenger to the Children of Israel (with the Message), “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. (I have come so that) I determine for your benefit from clay (a person)

after the manner of a bird, then I shall breathe into him (a new spirit) so that he becomes a flier

(References to the holy spirit and the word are clearly made )
(- a spiritual person) by the authority of Allâh, and I absolve the blind and the leprous, and I quicken the (spiritually) dead by the authority of Allâh,

(Speaking of the miracles done through the Christ)

and I inform you as to what you should eat and what you should store in your houses. Behold! These facts will surely serve you as a definite sign if you are believers.

4:158. Rather Allâh exalted him with all honour to His presence. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise.4:159. And there is none from among the people of the Scripture (- the Jews and the Christians) but most certainly will believe in this (incident, that Jesus died on the cross) before his death, (while as a matter of fact they have no sure knowledge about Jesus dying on the cross). And on the Day of Resurrection he (- Jesus) will be a witness against them.4:160. Then (by way of punishing them) on account of the transgression of those who judaised, We made unlawful to them certain of the good and pure things which had been allowed to them before, and that too on account of their causing hindrances to many (people, and their own staying away) from Allâh’s way;

4:167. Those who disbelieve and hinder (others) from (following)

Allâh’s way,

(The way shown through Jesus the Messiah)

have ineed strayed, a far off straying. 4:168. Those who have disbelieved and have associated partners with Him, it is not for Allâh to protect them, nor will He show them any way 4:169. Other than the way leading to Gehenna, wherein they shall live for long; indeed that would be easy for Allâh. 4:170. O people! This Messenger has indeed come to you with the truth

(Christ came in Truth and mercy)
from your Lord, so believe, it will be better for you. But if you disbelieve know that whatever is in the heavens and in the earth belongs to Him. Allâh is ever All-Knowing, All-Wise. 4:171. O people of the Scripture! Do not go beyond the limits (of propriety) in the matter of your religion, nor say anything regarding Allâh except that which is perfectly true. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary was only a Messenger of Allâh, and (a fulfillment of) His word

(The Word of GOD)

which He communicated to Mary, and a mercy from Him. Believe, therefore, in Allâh and in all His Messengers, and do not say, ‘(There are) three (Gods).’ Refrain (from following this doctrine) it will be better for you. Verily, Allâh is the One and only worthy of worship.

(Attested to by Christ Jesus Himself)

He is Holy. Far above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allâh suffices as a Disposer of affairs.

4:172. The Messiah never disdains to be (looked upon as) a servant of Allâh, nor do the angels who are nearest (to Him consider the fact degrading for themselves). And whoever disdains from His service (and worship) and behaves arrogantly, (the day will come when) He will gather them all together to Himself.
4:173. (On that Day) as to those who believed and did deeds of righteousness, He will give them their rewards in full and will add to them even more out of His bounty. But as for those who disdained (to worship God) and acted arrogantly, He will inflict a woeful punishment on them all. And apart from Allâh they will find for themselves no patron nor helper. 4:174. O you people! A manifest proof has indeed come to you from your Lord, and We have sent down a clear light to you which distinguishes (the right from the wrong). 4:175. Now as to those who believe in Allâh and hold fast to Him, He will surely admit them to His mercy and to (His) grace and will guide them along a straight and right path (leading) to Himself.

5:72. Indeed, they have disbelieved who say, ‘Allâh - He is the Messiah, son of Mary,’ whereas the Messiah (himself) said, ‘O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh Who is my Lord and your Lord.’ Surely whoso associates partners with Allâh, him has Allâh forbidden Paradise, and his resort will be the Fire and these transgressors shall have no helpers. 5:73. Most certainly, they have disbelieved who say, ‘Allâh is the third of the three.’ But in fact there is no other, cannot be and will never be one worthy of worship except One God. And if they refrain not from what they say, there shall certainly befall those who disbelieve from among them, a grievous punishment. 5:74. Will they not turn with repentance to Allâh and seek His protection, while Allâh is Great Protector, Ever Merciful? 5:75. The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger, all the Messengers have (like him) passed away before him, his mother was a highly truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the arguments for their good, yet see, how they are turned away (from the truth). 5:76. Say, ‘Do you worship beside Allâh that which has no power over doing you any harm or good?’ As for Allâh, He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. 5:77. Say, ‘O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in (the matter of) your religion falsely and unjustly, nor follow the fancies of a people who had gone astray before (you) and had led many astray, and (now again) who have strayed away from the right path.

5:78. Those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel were deprived of the blessings of God (firstly) by the tongue of David and (then by) Jesus, son of Mary. That was so because they rebelled and used to transgress.5:79. They did not prohibit one another from hateful things they committed. How evil were the practices they used to follow!5:80. You will find many of them allying (themselves) with those who disbelieve. Evil is that which they have sent forward for themselves (to the effect) that Allâh is displeased with them and in this punishment they shall abide.5:81. And if they had believed in Allâh and this perfect Prophet and (in) what has been revealed to him, they would not have taken them for allies; but (they do so for) many of them are disobedient.5:82. You shall certainly find the Jews and those who associate partners with Allâh the most vehement of the people in enmity against those who believe, and you shall certainly find those who say, ‘We are Christians,’ the nearest in friendship towards those who believe. That is so because there are savants and monks amongst them and because they are not haughty.

5:83. And when they hear that (Divine Message) which has been revealed to this perfect Messenger you will find their eyes overflow with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say, ‘Our Lord! We believe, so count us among the witnesses (to the truth).’

(I have to get ready for work)

I hope everyone has a good day and that some can see the truth through these words that have been posted. I'm sure the majority will scoff and make negative remarks; the fact is that they are blind, but they can still be shown the way and the truth if they set aside their pride and fear.)

peace

Some people just won't give up what is wrong, no matter what.

We are to put Jesus before anything and anyone, even above ourselves.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

John 12:25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

popsthebuilder

Some people just won't give up what is wrong, no matter what.

We are to put Jesus before anything and anyone, even above ourselves.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

John 12:25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.
Who is denying that at all?

popsthebuilder

You keep the Qur'an even though it speaks against Jesus Christ the Son of God.
It doesn't speak against Christ in any way shape or form. It attest to the fact that the Christ the spirit of God Came In the Flesh which is what we are told we have to believe in order to be saved. But you and everyone else would rather focus on other things

God's Truth

It doesn't speak against Christ in any way shape or form. It attest to the fact that the Christ the spirit of God Came In the Flesh which is what we are told we have to believe in order to be saved. But you and everyone else would rather focus on other things

The Qur'an talks against God having a Son. So stop saying it does not. There is only one God and He has a Son. If you read a book that says God does not have a Son, then it is against the One and Only God.

popsthebuilder

The Qur'an talks against God having a Son. So stop saying it does not. There is only one God and He has a Son. If you read a book that says God does not have a Son, then it is against the One and Only God.
I never said it didn't.

Show that we must believe GOD had a son to be saved.

Oh wait; you can't.

God's Truth

I never said it didn't.

Show that we must believe GOD had a son to be saved.

Oh wait; you can't.

I prove everything that I say.

We have to believe in the one and only God.

The One and only God has a Son.

If you believe in a God that does not have a Son, then you are not believing in the One and only God.

If you believe in a book that speaks against God having a Son, then you are promoting a book that speaks against the One and only God.

It is evil to promote a book that speaks against the God of the Holy Bible.