Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

glorydaz

So to you Jesus had the Holy Spirit in fullness, and also had a human spirit?

Can we go over the scripture that says Jesus had two spirits?

As far as the scripture showing that Jesus worshipped GOD, and prayed to GOD; they are throughout the nt.
John 7: 16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. 17. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. 18. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 28. Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. 29. But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me. 33. Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.

We can continue this tommorow hopefully.

Good night.

It isn't about me liking or disliking anything. Your response didn't fit the questions.

It's about you not believing that Jesus is God come in the flesh. Take it or leave it.

popsthebuilder

It's about you not believing that Jesus is God come in the flesh. Take it or leave it.
Is that what we have to believe to be saved?

And how do you get that anyway?

You know I believe the Spirit of GOD dwelled within Jesus.

Why can't we speak about the scripture you requested or the scripture I requested showing Jesus had two different spirits at the same time?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Yes. I am asking if you think any was safe from destruction/ damnation prior to Abraham.

This question is not understandable to me. Safe from destruction, you say; what kind of destruction? When you say 'damnation', do you mean after someone died did they go to prison/Hell? You said you do not believe in the life of the spirit after the death of the body, so I am not sure I understand what you mean by damnation prior to Abraham.

Before Abraham, in the time of Noah, the whole world was flooded; only Noah and his family were saved. So destruction came to the whole world except for eight people.

popsthebuilder

It has to be the same God and same Jesus.

Jesus being God's Son is not the same as saying God doesn't need a Son.

The Holy Bible says God sent His Son.

So tell me where in the Qur'an it says God had a Son.

If the Qur'an speaks against that, then it is against the Holy Bible.

We have to believe that God sent His Son.

Now can you show from the Qur'an this?
You know I cannot.

Can you show where it is salvific to believe such through scripture please.

I know of where it says we must believe Christ came in the flesh which the Quran attests to.

popsthebuilder

This question is not understandable to me. Safe from destruction, you say; what kind of destruction? When you say 'damnation', do you mean after someone died did they go to prison/Hell? You said you do not believe in the life of the spirit after the death of the body, so I am not sure I understand what you mean by damnation prior to Abraham.

Before Abraham, in the time of Noah, the whole world was flooded; only Noah and his family were saved. So destruction came to the whole world except for eight people.
And before that?

And I never said or implied that there is no afterlife or resurrection or return of the Spirit of life, home to GOD almighty ultimately.

popsthebuilder

What kind of destruction?

That is strange to me.

Destruction is final and eternal.
And I am not speaking of physical death of the vessel or Temple.

God's Truth

You know I cannot.

Can you show where it is salvific to believe such through scripture please.

I know of where it says we must believe Christ came in the flesh which the Quran attests to.

Does the Qur'an speak against God having a Son?

God's Truth

What kind of destruction?

That is strange to me.

Destruction is final and eternal.
And I am not speaking of physical death of the vessel or Temple.

So you mean those who have died before Abraham whether or not they will be raised to eternal life when Jesus comes again at the resurrection of the dead?

God's Truth

And before that?

And I never said or implied that there is no afterlife or resurrection or return of the Spirit of life, home to GOD almighty ultimately.

You have said that that you believe all will be resurrected from the dead. I am not talking about that. You have said you do not believe that people have a spirit with consciousness after the death of their body.

glorydaz

Is that what we have to believe to be saved?

Yes, it is.

And how do you get that anyway?

By reading the Bible.

You know I believe the Spirit of GOD dwelled within Jesus.

So? The Spirit of God dwells in all believers. In fact, the Spirit of Christ dwells in all believers. ie The Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

Why can't we speak about the scripture you requested or the scripture I requested showing Jesus had two different spirits at the same time?

We have, but you don't accept that Jesus was God and Human at the same time, so it never gets through, does it?

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

God's Truth

If you can't even answer questions in like kind and not repeatedly ask what I have already plainly stated then please don't waste my time.

peace

You have proven that the Qur'an does not speak of the same God and the same Jesus Christ as the Holy Bible.

It is good that this has been proven.

popsthebuilder

You have proven that the Qur'an does not speak of the same God and the same Jesus Christ as the Holy Bible.

It is good that this has been proven.
How;

Because it says Christ came in the flesh?

Is this a joke to you?

You sure aren't taking it seriously.

I'm done

popsthebuilder

Yes, it is.

By reading the Bible.

So? The Spirit of God dwells in all believers. In fact, the Spirit of Christ dwells in all believers. ie The Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

We have, but you don't accept that Jesus was God and Human at the same time, so it never gets through, does it?

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.​

John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
You say that the trinity is what one has to believe to be saved.

That is so far from scripture that it isn't even funny.

We all know that to be saved we must believe Christ came/ comes in the flesh.

God's Truth

How;

Because it says Christ came in the flesh?

Is this a joke to you?

You sure aren't taking it seriously.

I'm done

I think you know that I don't joke about God's Truth.

If you say your name is popsthebuilder, and you say you have a son, and a job working in construction, but someone else comes along and says they know a person named popsthebuilder, and they say that pops does not have a son and does not work in construction but in something else...would that be you that they know, or another popsthebuilder?