ECT In spite of Gal 2, Peter considered himself apostle to the Gentiles

Danoh

What do you mean? I sure would like to know exactly what you are saying in case I can correct you for misunderstanding, or have agreement with you for understanding.

Even with the truth of say, Galatians, 1 & 2 Corinthians, and say, Hebrews, there they are - the Apostle Paul included - practicing the Temple cleansing rituals, just as Zechariah mentions will be required when approaching God in HIS house in a time future from Zechariah.

You might recall that in the OT, the issue was not just filthiness of the flesh, but of inanimate objects - both in need of cleansing sacrifice rituals before and or when presenting someone and or oneself before God.

By the way, this is one reason why MAD views Matthew thru John as still Old Testament ground.

Luke 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the LORD, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord; ) 2:24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

Now, should you think to post "the law and the prophets were until John" Luke 16:16, this one that followe took place AFTER John the Baptist had been in prison for some time...

Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

God's Truth

Even with the truth of say, Galatians, 1 & 2 Corinthians, and say, Hebrews, there they are - the Apostle Paul included - practicing the Temple cleansing rituals, just as Zechariah mentions will be required when approaching God in HIS house in a time future from Zechariah.

You might recall that in the OT, the issue was not just filthiness of the flesh, but of inanimate objects - both in need of cleansing sacrifice rituals before and or when presenting someone and or oneself before God.

By the way, this is one reason why MAD views Matthew thru John as still Old Testament ground.

Luke 2:22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the LORD, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord; ) 2:24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

Now, should you think to post "the law and the prophets were until John" Luke 16:16, this one that followe took place AFTER John the Baptist had been in prison for some time...

Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

I am just not following you, but please do not give up discussing with me.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

Jesus had to shed his blood on the cross.

You do understand about the blood of the lamb?

However, the earthly temple was still standing and the old laws for it were still enforced---that does NOT mean God accepted the sacrifices.

andyc

Acts 10:28 KJV

And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Because any man could be clean be faith.

Peter followed the dietary restrictions, according to the law, and he, and all the other early Acts believers went to the temple, according to the law, he observed the "appointed times," including Pentecost, as did thousands of the Acts believers("zealous for the law"), according to the law, despite spin/denial to the contrary, per direct orders, from the risen, glorified, Lord Jesus Christ, during his "40 day boot camp."

that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?

And notice that the vision was in symbols, and it pertained to men, not food, or animals. Pete was being shown to take "the way" message beyond, now, not just within the narrow confines which had operated up to that point in God's plan. It had NADA to do with removing the restrictions on forbidden food, i.e., that it was "clean" now. There is NADA verse in the book, that teaches, that the Lord Jesus Christ, Pistol Pete, or any of the apostles cleansed, or ate that which God had declared to be forbidden and unclean. They were all following the dietary restrictions, according to the law.

Nonsense

Faith replaces the ceremonial law. A person is either clean by faith, or by works. God told Peter in a vision to eat an unclean animal, and when he objected, he was rebuked. God had cleaned that which was previously unclean. Which means the ceremonial law had been abolished.
It's amazing how these mad nutters can see God plainly stating a fact in black and white, but because it's devastating to their theology, they have to say, "although God said it, he didn't mean it". No.... he meant it, but you won't accept it.

God's Truth

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?

Nonsense

Faith replaces the ceremonial law. A person is either clean by faith, or by works. God told Peter in a vision to eat an unclean animal, and when he objected, he was rebuked. God had cleaned that which was previously unclean. Which means the ceremonial law had been abolished.
It's amazing how these mad nutters can see God plainly stating a fact in black and white, but because it's devastating to their theology, they have to say, "although God said it, he didn't mean it". No.... he meant it, but you won't accept it.

The purification/ceremonial works used to JUSTIFY the Jews.

They had to do those works---just to worship God, as COMMANDED BY GOD.

Those are the works that no longer save us and make us a child of God.

Paul is not saying no longer by obedience works---Paul is saying no longer of the ceremonial works.

How does anyone ever get that we are saved by no longer obeying?

andyc

can you show Jesus or Peter declaring gentiles
no longer enemies or clean
before this
Act 10:15 And the voice spoke to him again the second time, What God has made clean, you do not call common.

I am sure you believe it

Acts 10 was concerning the gentiles receiving the gospel for the first time.

peter states it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation

But God had showed him that was no longer the case. God does not show partiality. Even Jesus had said previously that it was not what went into a man that made him unclean, thus he had already declared all foods clean, when people were in faith.
Act 10:28 And he said to them, You know that it is an unlawful thing for a man, a Jew to keep company with or to come near to one of another nation. But God has shown me not to call any man common or unclean.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus was not sent to abolish the Hebrew Bible, he was sent to fill it out, to make it full.

Jesus offered the Jews the kingdom of God which was not revealed in the Hebrew scriptures.

The Mosaic law has no jurisdiction over the kingdom of God.

Danoh

Jesus was not sent to abolish the Hebrew Bible, he was sent to fill it out, to make it full.

Jesus offered the Jews the kingdom of God which was not revealed in the Hebrew scriptures.

The Mosaic law has no jurisdiction over the kingdom of God.

Look again...

Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Daniel 7:16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things. 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth. 7:18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Did Nicodemus truly understand what was necessary to enter God's kingdom? Or was Nicodemus not familiar with Daniel's prophecies?

Did Daniel understand the prophecies? (Daniel 12:8-9)

musterion

...that I should NOT call ANY man common or unclean.
Riffing off of JohnW...

This means Peter had, up until that point, believed certain men to be common and unclean.

1. What, pray tell, could have been Peter's basis for believing that?

2. Was he wrong to believe that when he had believed it?

Second question first: the answer is no, Peter was not wrong at that time.

First question: some here have already simplistically, lazily offered plain old fashioned Jewish bigotry on Peter's part, which slanders both the apostle and the Spirit by whom he was an apostle.

No...there's another explanation for it, which the devil children here refuse even to consider. It's no mere disputable matter, either -- it impacts on one's understanding of justification and how one defines the Gospel.

But it's long been attempted to make it clear to them. They don't WANT it to be clear.

Okay. Not my problem.

Interplanner

But Peter first said 'things' were either clean or not in that same account. And God changed it, at least relative to Judaism.

If you're going to accuse your opposition, at least say what your answer is that you claim they won't listen to.

john w

Hall of Fame

Nonsense

Made up, satanic nonsense.

Peter followed the dietary restrictions, according to the law, and he, and all the other early Acts believers went to the temple, according to the law, he observed the "appointed times," including Pentecost, as did thousands of the Acts believers("zealous for the law"), according to the law, despite spin/denial to the contrary, per direct orders, from the risen, glorified, Lord Jesus Christ, during his "40 day boot camp."

And notice that the vision was in symbols, and it pertained to men, not food, or animals. Pete was being shown to take "the way" message beyond, now, not just within the narrow confines which had operated up to that point in God's plan. It had NADA to do with removing the restrictions on forbidden food, i.e., that it was "clean" now. There is NADA verse in the book, that teaches, that the Lord Jesus Christ, Pistol Pete, or any of the apostles cleansed, or ate that which God had declared to be forbidden and unclean. They were all following the dietary restrictions, according to the law.

Take your seat.

john w

Hall of Fame
Acts 24:18 I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

Genesis-Revelation.

Paul, according to the law, attended a ritual cleansing, and he was "purified"-blood sacrifices were required-according to the law...

Survey Acts 24:17-18 KJV-"17 Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings. 18 Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult"

Sit, Bel-ette.

john w

Hall of Fame
Peter, John, going to the temple, at the 9th hour, the hour of the daily sacrifice-Acts 3:1 KJV...

Survey...

Mark 15:34 KJV

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 23:44 KJV

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Acts 3:1 KJV

Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

Paul, according to the law, attended a ritual cleansing, and he was "purified"-blood sacrifices were required.

Survey Acts 24:17-18 KJV...

17 Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings. 18 Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult..

God's Truth

Genesis-Revelation.

Paul, according to the law, attended a ritual cleansing, and he was "purified"-blood sacrifices were required-according to the law...

Survey Acts 24:17-18 KJV-"17 Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings. 18 Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult"

Sit, Bel-ette.

How do you ever get that you corrected me?

Never mind, I know how you think such untruths.

God's Truth

Peter, John, going to the temple, at the 9th hour, the hour of the daily sacrifice-Acts 3:1 KJV...

Survey...

Mark 15:34 KJV

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 23:44 KJV

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Acts 3:1 KJV

Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

Paul, according to the law, attended a ritual cleansing, and he was "purified"-blood sacrifices were required.

Survey Acts 24:17-18 KJV...

17 Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings. 18 Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult..

You prove you do not know what you are talking about.

Why did Paul SHAVE HIS HEAD?

Acts 18:18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

musterion

But Peter first said 'things' were either clean or not in that same account. And God changed it, at least relative to Judaism.

If you're going to accuse your opposition, at least say what your answer is that you claim they won't listen to.

I did in my last post, as simple and plain as I can, but you just sidestepped it. Not my problem.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
"In spite of Gal 2, Peter considered himself apostle to the Gentiles"

Translation...

"I'm going to believe what I want to believe whether the bible explicitly and directly contradicts me or not!"

andyc

Made up, satanic nonsense.

Peter followed the dietary restrictions, according to the law,

Not found in the bible.

and he, and all the other early Acts believers went to the temple, according to the law,

So did Paul, and he even had Timothy circumcised. Why? So as not to offend.

1Cor 9:19-21
For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law

he observed the "appointed times," including Pentecost, as did thousands of the Acts believers("zealous for the law"), according to the law, despite spin/denial to the contrary, per direct orders, from the risen, glorified, Lord Jesus Christ, during his "40 day boot camp."

Acts 20:16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Not found in scripture.

Take your seat.

Pete was told to kill and eat animals that were unclean. Why?

Because they were no longer unclean. God said it, you don't believe. It's obvious that you want to deny black and white, cause your theology will be shipwrecked.

Take a nap.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not found in the bible.
His standard "response" to every other question coming his way. Weighty.

=assert, raise the gavel, pound the podium, declare, "Victory!"

Yes it is, but due to your 2 Corinthian 4:4 KJV problem, you cannot see it, Ope.

So there.

So did Paul, and he even had Timothy circumcised. Why? So as not to offend.

Nope-you made that up, humanist. Had Paul been just attempting not to "offend" the Jews, Jewish "leadership," fruitcake, as you talk show muse, speculate, he would have been contradicting his own words-survey Gal. 1:10 KJV.

Not found in scripture.

=assert, pound the podium, declare, "Victory!"

Yes it is, but due to your 2 Corinthian 4:4 KJV problem, you cannot see it, Ope.

So there.

Pete was told to kill and eat animals that were unclean. Why?

Because they were no longer unclean.

You were explained as to the why, lost one. Poor you-2 Cor. 4:4 KJV.

God said it, you don't believe. It's obvious that you want to deny black and white, cause your theology will be shipwrecked.

Wow! How long did it take for you to obtain that "God said it, you don't believe" stock stumper, cliche, on Google, Ope, followed by the "close/clincher," "It's obvious that you want to deny black and white, cause your theology will be shipwrecked."? What's next? Need a liferaft? It is, what it is?

And when anyone qualifies their "argument," with "It's obvious," as our debating hero, candyandycain, did,it means it is not obvious, and he is merely providing filler, having no argument, just asserting, pounding the podium, and declaring, "Victory!!!! Puh-raaaayyyyzzzzzzzzzz Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!!!"

Take a nap.

Get saved, and take your seat.

So there, dopey Opie.