ECT In spite of Gal 2, Peter considered himself apostle to the Gentiles

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Acts 15:6-11
The apostles and elders met to consider this question. After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Galatians 2:7 KJV -

Interplanner

PJ,
My compliments on actually stating something theological instead of your usual, but, yes, you are completely mistaken as the passage shows--and there is no guffaw from the others who heard him say this.

Sonnet

1 Corinthians 1:1-2
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes, To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 1:1-2
Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes, To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
Of course, there were gentiles mixed into every crowd of believers, jews also.

Sonnet

The issue is the claim of the OP

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

You seriously think Peter wouldn't do so?

Peter: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

You seriously think Peter wouldn't do so?

Peter: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe."
They were following Paul's ensample