I, YHWH, the first, and the last, I am He.

beameup

It is not my translation. NIV, I think. Check others if you like.

Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I [Boaz] purchased
to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance - Ruth 4:10a KJV
Ruth was thrown-in as "part of the deal", but she was the "prize".
Now, should we discuss the "Avenger of Blood" role of go'el

chair

Ruth was thrown-in as "part of the deal", but she was the "prize".
Now, should we discuss the "Avenger of Blood" role of go'el

Ah, you finally read it.
And- no. I will pass on discussing biblical verses further with you. I won't waste more time on trying to get stubborn ignorant people to actually read the text in context.

Elia

I said WESTERN PHILOSOPHY- not what some laymen people say.

The Trinity is the crown jewel of Western thought, you should try reading up on it sometime.

Bs"d

I know that your "crown jewel of Western thought" says that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

That's all I need to know in order to discard it as nonsense.

Elia

Yes that's true, I've noticed that too. And then there's this, definitely two lords here!

Matthew 22

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him,The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?.And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Christ Jesus is clearly Lord, and God the father is LORD

There is only one God not three, and no three in one! One God and he's the father!

Bs'd

Psalm 110:1; "The Lord says to my lord: Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."

This Psalm is most likely written by an officer in David's army. It says here; The Lord, (in Hebrew Y-H-W-H) says to my lord, (in the sense of master). This is literally translated: Y-H-W-H says to my master: etc. This applies to David, just like the next verse, "The Lord sends forth from Zion your mighty scepter. Rule in the midst of your foes." This is what King David did, God made his enemies a footstool to him, and he ruled from Zion (Jerusalem). Verse 5 and 6: "The Lord is at your right hand, He will shatter kings on the day of his wrath. He will execute judgment among the nations, filling them with corpses." King David slaughtered many of his enemies, as written in this Psalm, but all these things that were never done by Jesus. Therefore it makes no sense to say that this applies to Jesus and not to king David.

-----Here is the explanation of the great Jewish sage from the Middle Ages, rabbi Moshe ben Nachman, a.k.a. the Ramban:

King David was the composer who wrote the Psalms with the aid of the holy spirit. He composed them for the purpose of having them sung before the altar of God. He himself did not sing them, nor was he permitted to do so, for that function was forbidden to him by law of the Torah. (Deuteronomy 18:6-7) Insted, he gave the Psalms to the Levites, so that they would sing them. This is clearly written in the book of I Chronicles 16:7 Therefore, King David perforce expressed the psalm in the language appropriate for utterance by the Levites. Thus, if King David had said; "The Eternal said to me", the levites repeating these words would be uttering falsehood. Instead, it is proper for the Levite to say in the Temple: "The Eternal saith unto my lord: (that is to King David) Sit thou at My right hand." The purport of the term 'sitting' is to state that the Creator, blessed be He, will protect him during his lifetime and that He will save him and cause him to prevail over his enemies. So it was, for he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. This is the right hand of God. It is also written of David: "And Your right hand has holden me up." Psalm 18:36. It is similarly written: "The right hand of the Almighty does valiantly. The right hand of the Eternal is exalted." Psalm 118:15 Regarding Moses our teacher, peace be upon him, it is written: "He caused His glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses." Isaiah 63:12 And Moses said at the fall of pharaoh: "Thy right hand, O Eternal, dashes the enemy in pieces." Exodus 15:6

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Zechariah 14:3 Then YHVH will go forth and fight against those nations as He fights in the day of battle.

How money times you have to be told that you are not God.

"Battle is the Lord's" says God. Not any men's.

In OT time, God was in charge of the war. Our Lord is Jesus now, and He says to "love your enemy".

You pro-military Christians need to know what Jesus teaches.

beameup

Ah, you finally read it.
And- no. I will pass on discussing biblical verses further with you. I won't waste more time on trying to get stubborn ignorant people to actually read the text in context.
For you are our Father,
though Abraham does not know us,
and Israel does not acknowledge us;
you, O LORD, are our Father,
our Redeemer
גָּאַל gâʼal from of old is your name.
So, what "piece of land" is YHWH "redeeming" in this verse: Isaiah 63:16?

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...n-Redeemer-(ga-al)&highlight=kinsman+redeemer

chair

beameup

Sorry. I am done. You do not pay any attention to anything I write. You just wait for me to post so you can post again.

He [Israel] blessed Joseph, and said:
The GOD before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked,
The GOD who has been my shepherd all my life to this day,
The ANGEL who has redeemed גָּאַל gâʼal me from all evil,
Bless the lads [Ephraim & Manasseh]
Genesis 48:15-16a

Boaz to Ruth:
“Remain this night, and when morning comes, if he will redeem [גָּאַל gâʼal] YOU, good; let him redeem [גָּאַל gâʼal] YOU. But if he does not wish to redeem [גָּאַל gâʼal] YOU, then I will redeem [גָּאַל gâʼal] YOU, as the LORD lives. Lie down until morning.”

Elia

Most Bible use all Capital "LORD" for the Father the God, and Jesus is "Lord".

And some Bible use the word "YHWH" for "LORD" the Father God.

most mainstream Christians don't know the difference, it seems.

Bs"d

Do you know the difference?

The name of God, Y-H-W-H, appears almost 7000 times in the Tanach.

Most Christian Bibles translate this as "the LORD", with all capitals.

So when in your translation of the Tanach you see "the LORD", then you know in the Hebrew it says Y-H-W-H.

And when you see in the NT "Lord" when there is spoken about JC, then you know it simply says "lord", without a capital, in the original Greek text, because Greek, like Hebrew, doesn't have capitals. The capital of "Lord" is therefore made up by the translators.

Elia

The trinity concept is monotheistic, one God regardless of how many persons.

Bs"d

The above is of course utter nonsense, on the same level of 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

When you have two divine persons, then you have two gods, because a divine person is a god.

When you have a "God the Father" and a "god the son", then you have TWO (2) gods, and not one.

It's just a matter of counting to two, but I know that is very difficult for Christians.

And when you have two or three or a zillion divine persons, then all these gods do not become magically one god just because you say so.

It is very simple; when you worship a whole divine family in stead of only one God who is one, then you are a polytheist, and with that an idol worshipper.

Jews and Muslims believe in a sterile god who can't have children.

"‘This is what Y-H-W-H says: Israel is my firstborn son, 23 and I told you, “Let my son go, so he may worship me.” But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.’"

He can adopt children who were enslaved in Egypt but he is powerless to procreate children.

From where do you get that weird idea?

What a strange theory Jews and Muslims promote.

Jews and Muslims are pure monotheists.

Christians who worship a whole divine family are polytheists, and they try to cover that up by saying 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Christians who worship a whole divine family are polytheists, and they try to cover that up by saying 1 + 1 + 1 = 1.

God reveals Himself in three personas.

You just decide to limit your understanding- must be hard having to be seen as an idiot to maintain your prejudice :rolleyes:

beameup

You just decide to limit your understanding- must be hard having to be seen as an idiot to maintain your prejudice :rolleyes:

It wasn't the case during the BC/AD period. The predominant theology in Judaism was "Two Powers in Heaven" (as illustrated in Daniel 7:13-14). However, Yeshua was rejected by the Jewish leadership due to their own "self-righteousness". Judaism was given almost 40 years to repent, afterwhich the Temple was destroyed, and Judaism with it.

chair

So there is just one God, and He manifests Himself to us in different ways,depending on the circumstances? That is not what I usually hear about the Trinity. People talk of "one godhead" and "three persons"- at which point it doesn't make sense to us simple monotheists.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So there is just one God, and He manifests Himself to us in different ways,depending on the circumstances? That is not what I usually hear about the Trinity. People talk of "one godhead" and "three persons"- at which point it doesn't make sense to us simple monotheists.

For one, you're muddling the line between 'modalism' and 'trinitarianism'. Modalism posits that the Father, Son, and Spirit are 'modes' of God. Trinitarianism posits that they are three distinct and coexisting beings.

Your rigid monotheism has always been a rarity with religion- most ancient people had a polytheist view, and so it would have been very easy for Rome or any other conquering nation to simply make Christianity polytheistic- the Bible has passages which imply God is mightier than other gods, that gods are among men, and that men their selves can be gods.

In fact, because of this, Rome and Greece came close to basically equating God to Chronos, Jesus as Zeus, Mary as Mithras, and so on.

But you see, the Trinity was instead established, and it was established for several reasons.
The most important one is that Isaiah is really the author of the Trinity even if he didn't fully realize it- John makes it clear in his scripture. But a lot of Christians were nonetheless modalists up until a man named Tertulian noticed inconsistencies.

In reality, you can't actually deny the Trinity without contradicting the Bible. The Jews were expecting a warrior-king for a messiah- you need to stop acting as if they had it all right, especially being that they crucified him :plain: